Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. bluescholar

bluescholar Active Member

Has anyone tried the newer Stiff Roma Cutaway?
    If so how do you like it? Was considering trying it next.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

2. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

@bigsink I would suggest going for a tailored armpit fit, increasing the armhole by .25" or .5", and switching the shoulder slope option to a normal or sloping shoulder. Square shoulder will only make the armpit feel closer to your actual armpit. Sloping will help make this feel lower.

3. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

Honestly even with a sloped fit, I feel the armpit is often too tight on my shirts. It may be something that needs to be looked into? Mind, this is on a shirt where, in my opinion, every other part of it fits damn near perfect (which I love).

4. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

@novaeagle Haven't had too many situations where this has been impossible to fix--usually it is a result of a very slim upper arm width. Sometimes a small yoke can exacerbate these issues, too. Always good to get feedback and hear issues from people here on the forum. Will keep an eye out in the future!

5. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@ccallis I completely forgot to add pockets to three shirts I ordered. I realise they're now well into the production phase (delivery estimate May 7-13), is there anything that can be done?

6. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

ccallis, in oirder to fix the armpit tightness, the changes made in the last-go-round go against everything you mentioned . We increased the chest/arms, changed armhole to regular, and shoulder to square. I thought it wasn't possible to increase the armhole? I sent an email to support to see what if anything be done to improve the next order. My dry cleaner lost most of my shirts so I had to order a few regardless. If you can check it out please let me know. Order AC63661 Thanks!

7. kwv07

kwv07 Senior member

@ccallis will the Roma Spread be getting the Thick, unfused treatment anytime soon?

Thanks!

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Got my second shirt yesterday, which came a week earlier than the expected delivery date. Fabric (Albini chambray)is great as expected, solid construction, and fit is spot on again (no changes made). I really like this Roma collar.

9. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Any experience with their suits and jackets?

10. Murlsquirl

Negative.

11. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Negative as in, you never have tried them, or you had a negative experience with them? If it's the latter, why?

12. Murlsquirl

No experience with them.

13. AriG

AriG Senior member

Button placement now seems to be adjustable in custom sizes.

14. bluescholar

bluescholar Active Member

@ccallis
    Seems propercloth is taking this horizontal stripes thing to the next level.

Any more linen or linen-cotton blends coming out soon?

Last edited: May 11, 2015

15. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

Hey Guys--Haven't had a chance to check the thread in a while, but back and happy to answer any questions.

@kwv07 Nope, no plans to update give the stiff Roma spread the thick, unfused treatment any time soon.

@Murlsquirl Glad you liked the chambray, that quality is great--just placed a great order on a bunch of custom developed oxford chambrays with Albini today. Really excited about these for fall, should launch in August or September if everything goes according to plan.

@bluescholar Yes, definitely. Look out for our Horizon Stripe collection launch tomorrow. We've been really happy with the horizontal stripes this season. While the first launch was a bit dressier and more classic, the Horizon Stripes are full on relaxed beach vibes. Should be a handful of new cotton/linen blends in houndstooth and striped designs dropping in about three weeks time.

Button Placement
    The big news is that updated button placement is 100% live. We're really excited to (finally) launch this feature. Now you can decide if you'd like to raise the first button on your placket by 1" or 1/2", or lower it by 1/2". We have also updated the number of buttons on certain shirt lengths after determining that some longer lengths could use an extra button at the bottom.

You can click through the link below to adjust your button placement, and our new sizes interface will also tell you how many buttons will be on the front of your shirt.

http://propercloth.com/sizes/

Chris