• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about the blues (and grays). In the recent list of new Reda wool fabrics, every single one contained blue or gray or both. The most recent flannels, almost all contain blue or gray or both. I really like many of the PC products, but the color palette seems pretty limited.

I'm in agreement with paulraphael with the desire for burnt oranges, maroons, rusts, etc. for fall (dark greens, dark golds, and browns would also be welcome) ... those colors fit my style in the fall, but it's hard to find those fall colors amongst the overwhelming dominance of blue, gray, steel gray, sky blue, blue-gray, and gray-blue. Please consider expanding to other parts of the color wheel. I have nothing against blue or gray, but my closet is now well-stocked with those choices.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
@Seph, early in the summer one of your sales associates said that a square hemline option was coming soon. Any progress on this? I've been holding off on casual shirt orders while waiting .

Yes - great question. It's a high priority for us as well and I was hoping to add it quickly, but turned out it's required some larger more complicated changes to our size system. Things are still in process, but seems like it could be another couple months still.

If you guys are working on more collar designs I'll throw in again the request for a collar with 2 3/4" or 3" points but with the taller collar band of the Milano for those of us with long necks but smaller frames. Again, I can get this from one of your competitors but then other sacrifices are made. Would love to be able to get it from you with your superior construction and fabric selection.

Any update on either of these?

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Seph - I'm really enjoying my fist PC tailored blazer! Do you have any plans to bring out navy buttons as an option on a navy suit/jacket? Also, could you add the weight of cloth to the description of your tailored items? This would allow customers to see how heavy the cloth is and whether it would work in their own climate/location.

Today we added more fabric details to the tailored clothing product pages. Composition, Weight, Mill, Weave, and a few other things are all being displayed here now.

Attachments

• Image 2019-09-26 at 2.40.22 PM.png
    Image 2019-09-26 at 2.40.22 PM.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 246

hohabear

Reaction score
Anyone with experience washing the “performance” shirts? I know recommended instructions are to wash in cold water then to hang dry but my cleaner charges a fortune for hang drying.

papado

Reaction score
@Seph Is there any plan to offer an option for deeper darting on shirts? It seems that the only darts offered are somewhat shallow.

I think the complexity is also how you have to add darts to your shirt and they alter the true midsection width; did that on my recent order after no ordering form PC for some years and remembered after the fact they add the 1.5" to the body and then take it out via darts. I'll survive but kinda disappointed this shirt isn't as slim as i thought :-/

Did you follow the advice of finding a good midsection measurement without darts and then subtracting ~.5in-.75 from that and then adding the darts? I think that is the only way to clean up the back and I think you'd be hard pressed to need deeper darts than that unless you've got a crazy hollow back!

aj805

Reaction score
I agree about the blues (and grays). In the recent list of new Reda wool fabrics, every single one contained blue or gray or both. The most recent flannels, almost all contain blue or gray or both. I really like many of the PC products, but the color palette seems pretty limited.

I'm in agreement with paulraphael with the desire for burnt oranges, maroons, rusts, etc. for fall (dark greens, dark golds, and browns would also be welcome) ... those colors fit my style in the fall, but it's hard to find those fall colors amongst the overwhelming dominance of blue, gray, steel gray, sky blue, blue-gray, and gray-blue. Please consider expanding to other parts of the color wheel. I have nothing against blue or gray, but my closet is now well-stocked with those choices.

I completely agree with this. Proper Cloth offers little reason to return if you aren't interested in constantly buying blue and white shirts. I'm sure this has to do with stocking quantities of fabrics that will have limited appeal to the blue- and white-centric target market, and maybe they get enough new customers who don't yet have enough blue and white shirts in order to sustain their business of selling blue and white shirts into the blue and white future.

paulraphael

Reaction score
I completely agree with this. Proper Cloth offers little reason to return if you aren't interested in constantly buying blue and white shirts. I'm sure this has to do with stocking quantities of fabrics that will have limited appeal to the blue- and white-centric target market, and maybe they get enough new customers who don't yet have enough blue and white shirts in order to sustain their business of selling blue and white shirts into the blue and white future.

To be fair, I'm seeing a few choices here and there that aren't blue and gray. But in practice, once I narrow it down to a fabric weight and weave and quality and pattern that I like, the chances are overwhelmingly high that the choices will be blue white or gray.

As an example, I just bought a couple of casual shirts for fall. I wanted a Canclini flannel and something interesting. By far my favorite Canclini pattern was the blue herringbone. The other fabric that looked interesting was the doublecloth, but the only version that I really liked was navy. So grudgingly, I bought two more blue shirts. But after I buy my next blue dress shirt, that's it. Total moratorium on blue!

I'd have been thrilled to find a maroon baby corduroy, a rust or gold or olive or mustard or heather green canclini flannel, or any of these colors in a corduroy, double cloth, or even chambray. I know the top mills are making these colors ... you can see them on other shirtmakers' sites.

[Since this thread started, PC added a pine gray and camel plaid canclini flannel, which I've put on the wish list. One down!]

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Hey, Seph -- around 30 shirts in and made it to NYC for the first time, and I really enjoyed the experience. Salespeople were super friendly and helpful (I got measured for a suit).

Either way, another tailor I used has started to offer cashmere shirting options. I know you've gotten into wool recently (still have to pull the trigger on one), but am always looking out for new things to try. Just wanted to float as an option if you haven't considered!

paulraphael

Reaction score
Hey, Seph -- around 30 shirts in and made it to NYC for the first time, and I really enjoyed the experience. Salespeople were super friendly and helpful (I got measured for a suit).

Either way, another tailor I used has started to offer cashmere shirting options. I know you've gotten into wool recently (still have to pull the trigger on one), but am always looking out for new things to try. Just wanted to float as an option if you haven't considered!

Alumo in Switzerland makes gorgeous cotton/cashmere blend fabrics. Called "Cashmerello" (total coincidence that this is also my stage name).

Would be cool to see some Alumo fabrics generally.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes - actually I believe we have some cotton cashmere blends coming later this winter (not from Alumo though).

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy my grenadine ties from @Sam Hober
I had trouble navigating the Sam Hober site. I found some nice-looking grenadines at Charles Tyrwhitt and ordered a navy one. The same price point as the Proper Cloth ties were, and probably not as well made. It's a pity I didn't buy some a year or two ago when they were in stock. I snooze, I lose. :cry:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads