• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh - I see it's the regular lengths that are missing... Yes we will restock some of those for sure.

Thanks - I agree! We're very proud of the accessories. In terms of both quality and design.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a uni stripe OCBD.
I am a major fan of the soft Ivy button down on those standard $85 Oxford cloths (on the Pima wide-stripe I have, it's too thick with the lining). I'm just happy to have been able to order mine with a wide soft placket!
A bigger, more hardcore button-down would definitely be up my alley tho.
That, and a reverse stripe Oxford with a more narrowly set stripe :)

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
We are working on something like this.

If you guys are working on more collar designs I'll throw in again the request for a collar with 2 3/4" or 3" points but with the taller collar band of the Milano for those of us with long necks but smaller frames. Again, I can get this from one of your competitors but then other sacrifices are made. Would love to be able to get it from you with your superior construction and fabric selection.

DEE1970

Reaction score
Hi @Seph - I'm really enjoying my fist PC tailored blazer! Do you have any plans to bring out navy buttons as an option on a navy suit/jacket? Also, could you add the weight of cloth to the description of your tailored items? This would allow customers to see how heavy the cloth is and whether it would work in their own climate/location.

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, I've been noticing that your fabric colors skew pretty heavily toward the cool / neutral end of the spectrum. I'd love to see more warm fabrics, especially Fall / Winter casual ones. Earth tones, spice colors, etc..

I've been shopping for Fall shirts, and all the fabrics / patterns that I like (and that work for my complexion) seem to be some flavor of blue. I'm at the point where I can't justify more blue shirts!

Thank you for reading.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Seph - I'm really enjoying my fist PC tailored blazer! Do you have any plans to bring out navy buttons as an option on a navy suit/jacket? Also, could you add the weight of cloth to the description of your tailored items? This would allow customers to see how heavy the cloth is and whether it would work in their own climate/location.
Navy buttons haven't been on our list, but we discussed internally recently. Generally we've considered brown horn the "classic" option for a navy suit/jacket. Curious if you are looking for a flat unvarying navy color button, or something more horn looking with flecks of white/blue variance?

Good suggestion on the fabric weight details. We'll be showing that at some point.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph, I've been noticing that your fabric colors skew pretty heavily toward the cool / neutral end of the spectrum. I'd love to see more warm fabrics, especially Fall / Winter casual ones. Earth tones, spice colors, etc..

I've been shopping for Fall shirts, and all the fabrics / patterns that I like (and that work for my complexion) seem to be some flavor of blue. I'm at the point where I can't justify more blue shirts!

Thank you for reading.

Yes - I know what you mean. Blue is popular. We will have more greens/browns/reds coming this fall though.

Frankie Fuzz

Reaction score
How accurate are Proper Cloth's shrinkage allowances for different fabric types? For example, if I've designed a great fitting shirt in broadcloth and then order an oxford shirt, will it fit similarly or might it shrink more than the broadcloth? I know for some companies (e.g. Brooks Brothers) their oxford shirts shrink a lot more than other weaves.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How accurate are Proper Cloth's shrinkage allowances for different fabric types? For example, if I've designed a great fitting shirt in broadcloth and then order an oxford shirt, will it fit similarly or might it shrink more than the broadcloth? I know for some companies (e.g. Brooks Brothers) their oxford shirts shrink a lot more than other weaves.
This is an ongoing struggle. We definitely adjust for shrinkage on oxfords in a way that we don't on broadcloths. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing and I hope we can improve this over time. One of the big variables that is tough to account for is how you plan to launder the shirt. If you wash/dry the oxford it can shrink a large amount. If you take it to the cleaners for a wash/press it may actually stretch larger. Whatever you end up doing though, once you get the oxford shirt, if, after a wash or two it ends up too large or too small, the team here will help you process a remake and create/save a new size specifically for that type of fabric/your wash method.

RCD33

Reaction score

I found that the Heavy Oxfords are pretty well dialed-in, but the American Pima's shrunk more than expected. However, with @Seph's offer above on a remake, I wouldn't sweat it too much unless your fit is already pretty trim.

Sammm

Reaction score
Nearly all my PC shirts have been oxfords and pinpoints, and have shrunken pretty much the same. My most recent shirt was in the washed linen/rayon fabric, which is beautiful but which has shrunk MUCH less than the oxfords after 6+ washes (collar/sleeves still oversized). Not a huge deal because I’m wearing it casually, but: do some of you guys make different size presets for oxfords and other weaves? I’m planning to order my first chambray soon and I’d like to know if I should expect different shrinkage.

Washing warm (40°C) and hang-drying, by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads