• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Rory,
I just received the package and My order was not correctly sent.

I had ordered Anti aging duo and the glowing duo. I was instead sent 2 bottles of Restorer and missing the Brightener (glow and even serum). Can you let me know how this needs to be exchanged ?

View attachment 1428645
View attachment 1428646
Hey Saurabh,

I’m really sorry about this error. I have talked to our logistics guys to ensure it never happens again.

I have your address and will personally send out The Brightener to you, no worries about the exchange. I’m happy for you to keep the extra The Restorer.

Again, really sorry that happened. We are working so that it won’t happen again.

Rory

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Saurabh,

I’m really sorry about this error. I have talked to our logistics guys to ensure it never happens again.

I have your address and will personally send out The Brightener to you, no worries about the exchange. I’m happy for you to keep the extra The Restorer.

Again, really sorry that happened. We are working so that it won’t happen again.

Rory

Thank you for your prompt reply and for taking care of this issue. Appreciate the extra restorer.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we have been working hard on a chat-bot feature that should enable you to find the right serums for your skin quickly (within three questions).

I would love to have your input on it. You can access it on any of our product pages (https://overtskincare.com/pages/shop).

Let me know what you think, what you'd improve, and what you'd change (if anything).

I look forward to the feedback!

Thanks all

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we have been working hard on a chat-bot feature that should enable you to find the right serums for your skin quickly (within three questions).

I would love to have your input on it. You can access it on any of our product pages (https://overtskincare.com/pages/shop).

Let me know what you think, what you'd improve, and what you'd change (if anything).

I look forward to the feedback!

Thanks all

Chat feature seems great. If I were to offer any feedback, it's that when I got to the 'what is your primary skin care concern' question, I was going too fast and assumed I'd be able to select a couple options. I overlooked that it said 'primary'. So I clicked 'aging', thinking "yeah that's one for sure" and by the time I realized I screwed up, it was kind of hard to start over. Again, user error for sure but I know I'm not alone in going too fast on things like that.

(Edited to delete my question since I found the answer on your site)

Last edited:

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Chat feature seems great. If I were to offer any feedback, it's that when I got to the 'what is your primary skin care concern' question, I was going too fast and assumed I'd be able to select a couple options. I overlooked that it said 'primary'. So I clicked 'aging', thinking "yeah that's one for sure" and by the time I realized I screwed up, it was kind of hard to start over. Again, user error for sure but I know I'm not alone in going too fast on things like that.

(Edited to delete my question since I found the answer on your site)

Makes sense, I'll have a think of how to rectify that issue. A lot of the "trouble" from yesterday was simply getting the button to be in the right place!

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated :)

Reaction score
I’ve got some follow up questions, but how do you rate the kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer SPF 30? Been using it for 4 or so months, it seems fine, but I lack attention to detail in this arena and would like to step it up. I use it after washing my face in the morning (cetaphil gentle cleansing bar), don’t use any other products.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve got some follow up questions, but how do you rate the kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer SPF 30? Been using it for 4 or so months, it seems fine, but I lack attention to detail in this arena and would like to step it up. I use it after washing my face in the morning (cetaphil gentle cleansing bar), don’t use any other products.

Hey 1001,

Great question. We generally prefer to keep moisturizer and SPF separate. So ideally you'd be using a separate moisturizer and a separate SPF. That said, Kiehl's makes generally effective products, and the inclusion of Squalane is great. It also helps that it is broad spectrum and 30 SPF.

If it works for your skin, finish it off and then look into buying separates. It makes SPF easier to reapply throughout the day if its not already included in moisturizer.

Cheers

Rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to talk a little bit about some issues we've had recently with fulfillment. I wanted to write this to let you all know what steps we are taking, and also give you a little bit of insight into running a small, but growing, business. I hope you find it interesting.

We currently use a fulfillment warehouse based in Chicago, this allows us to have easy access to each coast and, in theory, makes our product arrive faster. In practice though, we've run in to a couple issues. Slow and inaccurate fulfillment, coupled with less than ideal shipping partners, have lead us to make quite a few changes in order to rectify the situation.

Here is what we have done from our side:

1. Stopped using UPS Mailing Innovations (a combination of UPS logistic network and USPS local delivery). This has raised our cost of fulfillment slightly but improved transit times drastically - a lot of people were frustrated by the delay in delivery caused by a lack of synergy between UPS and USPS.
  2. Color coded and named our warehouse boxes and inventory to ensure accurate picking and fulfillment of duos. We saw that a number of people got the wrong products by mistake. By color coding and naming all of our duos we have taken the first step to reducing errors.
  3. Talked directly to the warehouse analytics team to increase order transparency and picking oversight by integrating automated bundling of inventory.
  4. Reduced the lead time from 3 days to 2.1 days by automatically fulfilling each order every 30 minutes and ensuring that our custom boxes are used (as opposed to some orders where they put our custom box inside a larger box and then shipped it).

I just wanted to write this note to assure all of you that steps have been already taken to decrease our fulfillment and transit time whilst increasing picking accuracy.

We have an exciting video coming out later today about basic skincare routines. So stay tuned!

Cheers

Rory

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to talk a little bit about some issues we've had recently with fulfillment. I wanted to write this to let you all know what steps we are taking, and also give you a little bit of insight into running a small, but growing, business. I hope you find it interesting.

We currently use a fulfillment warehouse based in Chicago, this allows us to have easy access to each coast and, in theory, makes our product arrive faster. In practice though, we've run in to a couple issues. Slow and inaccurate fulfillment, coupled with less than ideal shipping partners, have lead us to make quite a few changes in order to rectify the situation.

Here is what we have done from our side:

1. Stopped using UPS Mailing Innovations (a combination of UPS logistic network and USPS local delivery). This has raised our cost of fulfillment slightly but improved transit times drastically - a lot of people were frustrated by the delay in delivery caused by a lack of synergy between UPS and USPS.
  2. Color coded and named our warehouse boxes and inventory to ensure accurate picking and fulfillment of duos. We saw that a number of people got the wrong products by mistake. By color coding and naming all of our duos we have taken the first step to reducing errors.
  3. Talked directly to the warehouse analytics team to increase order transparency and picking oversight by integrating automated bundling of inventory.
  4. Reduced the lead time from 3 days to 2.1 days by automatically fulfilling each order every 30 minutes and ensuring that our custom boxes are used (as opposed to some orders where they put our custom box inside a larger box and then shipped it).

I just wanted to write this note to assure all of you that steps have been already taken to decrease our fulfillment and transit time whilst increasing picking accuracy.

We have an exciting video coming out later today about basic skincare routines. So stay tuned!

Cheers

Rory
That’s great news for future orders and looking forward to see the basic skincare routine video as well :)

Reaction score
Hey 1001,

Great question. We generally prefer to keep moisturizer and SPF separate. So ideally you'd be using a separate moisturizer and a separate SPF. That said, Kiehl's makes generally effective products, and the inclusion of Squalane is great. It also helps that it is broad spectrum and 30 SPF.

If it works for your skin, finish it off and then look into buying separates. It makes SPF easier to reapply throughout the day if its not already included in moisturizer.

Cheers

Rory
Excellent, thanks a lot. I’ll look into separates now, I just finished the bottle yesterday- where is a good place to start?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks a lot. I’ll look into separates now, I just finished the bottle yesterday- where is a good place to start?

We've mentioned it a few times in this thread, I am a big fan of Bioré aqua rich. While we still develop our SPF solution, I'd recommend looking into that.

Moisturizer depends on your skin type, have you had a chance to try one of Cetaphil's offerings (as you already use their soap)?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1. I was one of the people who got the wrong item delivered. I know it sucks for you as the supplier because you end up being out extra shipping and extra product, but like I said in my PM, I love the product that I was sent by accident and will be reordering it in the future.

2. To anyone who is intrigued by this company but hasn't pulled the trigger yet: I ordered the Glowing Duo but was accidentally sent the Restoring Duo. I've been using it for 2-3 days now and, this morning, my wife said "your skin looks really good today!" I never told her that I bought anything new and changed my skincare regimen so it's not like she was trying to notice any changes. The fact that she noticed something that quickly into using these products is pretty wild. Needless to say, I'm a fan.

Reaction score
We've mentioned it a few times in this thread, I am a big fan of Bioré aqua rich. While we still develop our SPF solution, I'd recommend looking into that.

Moisturizer depends on your skin type, have you had a chance to try one of Cetaphil's offerings (as you already use their soap)?
I used the basic cetaphil moisturizing lotion for over 5 years, again I lack attention to detail here but i felt it worked fine. I actually used it this morning as I ran out of the Kiehl’s. I wanted to begin using sunscreen and at the recommendation of a friend got the (long name) Shiseido urban environment oil free broad spectrum uv protector SPF 42 for face. I used it for a little while but ultimately felt like the white cast it left was, for me, odd. Also vaguely remember the odor being a minor, lasting annoyance. My girlfriend got a bottle of the kiehl’s, I started using it instead and found it more suitable for daily use, no white cast, odor fades over a short period of time.

Im going to see if I can order the Bioré, thank you for the recommendation and your help.

What would be a good way to assess whether the cetaphil is a good match for my skin? Dryness, obviously, but I don’t think I have issues with that, my skin doesn’t feel dry.

Also curious- how many times a day do you reapply SPF? How many times a day would you recommend reapplying?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I used the basic cetaphil moisturizing lotion for over 5 years, again I lack attention to detail here but i felt it worked fine. I actually used it this morning as I ran out of the Kiehl’s. I wanted to begin using sunscreen and at the recommendation of a friend got the (long name) Shiseido urban environment oil free broad spectrum uv protector SPF 42 for face. I used it for a little while but ultimately felt like the white cast it left was, for me, odd. Also vaguely remember the odor being a minor, lasting annoyance. My girlfriend got a bottle of the kiehl’s, I started using it instead and found it more suitable for daily use, no white cast, odor fades over a short period of time.

Im going to see if I can order the Bioré, thank you for the recommendation and your help.

What would be a good way to assess whether the cetaphil is a good match for my skin? Dryness, obviously, but I don’t think I have issues with that, my skin doesn’t feel dry.

Also curious- how many times a day do you reapply SPF? How many times a day would you recommend reapplying?

Cetaphil is generally formulated to be super gentle and works for most skin types (including dry, combination and oily). I wouldn't be overly concerned with its compatibility with your skin unless you feel it really isn't working (i.e. leaves your skin extremely oily, or too dry).

I re-apply SPF throughout the day, it depends if I am exercising or am outside a lot, but a general rule of thumb that I follow is once around the morning and once around lunch time - you can apply more often but that seems to work for me, and the best skincare routine is one you can stick to.

Reaction score
I re-apply SPF throughout the day, it depends if I am exercising or am outside a lot, but a general rule of thumb that I follow is once around the morning and once around lunch time - you can apply more often but that seems to work for me, and the best skincare routine is one you can stick to.
This is great to hear from a professional, twice a day is reasonable. I just ordered some Bioré, I’m looking forward to trying it. First amazon purchase in a long time, all the different options and retailers make it such an unpleasant experience. Do you have a particular dealer you trust? I’m in the US, not sure where you’re posting from.

I run outside a few mornings a week before beginning my day. I apply moisturizer/ sunscreen after taking a shower and washing my face when I get back... should I apply SPF before heading outside? Wondering what the best practices are here to balance overwashing and sun protection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads