• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overt Skincare - Transparent, Effective, Charitable - Official Affiliate Thread

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Since you’ve been so helpful in this thread, I’m wondering if you have any recommendations for something post-shave. Whether that’s aftershave, moisturizer, balm, etc. I’m open to suggestions. Oddly enough, my favorite that I’ve tried has been a super cheap Nivea thing from Target. It helps calm my skin but it dries it out a bit too much so I feel like I have to slather a disgusting amount of moisturizer on my face after.

Unfortunately, I am bearded!

That said, I asked around and a couple of my friends mentioned Harry's post shave balm - you should be able to get that from Target too. It does include alcohol as the acting astringent. If you want an alcohol free alternative, Thayer's unscented alcohol free toner would work well too.

js0930

Reaction score
Since you’ve been so helpful in this thread, I’m wondering if you have any recommendations for something post-shave. Whether that’s aftershave, moisturizer, balm, etc. I’m open to suggestions. Oddly enough, my favorite that I’ve tried has been a super cheap Nivea thing from Target. It helps calm my skin but it dries it out a bit too much so I feel like I have to slather a disgusting amount of moisturizer on my face after.

I’ve been using the Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe. I think it still has alcohol but doesn’t dry your face out too much.

shortlefty

Reaction score
How important is it to use cotton pads when applying you're steps? I feel like most of the time it just soaks in and I'm wasting a ton of product

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How important is it to use cotton pads when applying you're steps? I feel like most of the time it just soaks in and I'm wasting a ton of product

If you hands are clean I find using your hands to apply things works perfectly fine. I don't use cotton pads for any products.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been really happy with just using Thayer's Witch Hazel.

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Today we are sending out an email with our latest offering - but I wanted to post it here first.

The self-care bundle, we make this specifically for Facebook, but I wanted to share it with you all first:

It includes our most essential serums to help you or a loved one radiate, inside and out.
Try our three most popular serums in their regular sizes and save over 20%:

The Hydrator - Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica, and Vitamin E gently aid in the retention of moisture and achieve perfectly balanced skin.

The Brightener - Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid to brighten and even your skin tone, leaving it brilliantly radiant.

The Restorer - Peptides, Matrixyl 3000, Antioxidants and Amino Acids soothe and repair your skin's natural barrier by rapidly stimulating collagen production.

Your support helps us continue our mission of bringing transparency to the skincare industry and supporting Anti-Slavery International in their fight against human trafficking and slavery.

Those of you subscribed to the email list will see this later today, but for those of you that aren't I wanted to post a sneak preview here first.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Per your video, it says brightener is for the morning but on the box it says for night use? Im guessing if you put on sun screen it's ok to use in the morning but should I also incorporate it into my PM routine or just stick with the hydrator?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Per your video, it says brightener is for the morning but on the box it says for night use? Im guessing if you put on sun screen it's ok to use in the morning but should I also incorporate it into my PM routine or just stick with the hydrator?

Hey Shortlefty,

Great question. It can be used either AM or PM.

I use mine in the AM and the Hydrator in the PM :) there is nothing to stop you using it twice a day though, I’d just make sure you put The Brightener on first followed by The Hydrator

cheers

rory

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to hear from the members who've bought their serums so far, how are you finding it? I am curious to know your experiences :)

Remember: we still have our self-care bundle up, which is our best deal with a generous discount on three full sized serums. Each one should last you about 6-8 weeks and will give you incredible glowing skin.

Let me know what you make of the serums so far!

Cheers

Rory

shortlefty

Reaction score
Well my S.O has said my skin looks better within a few days of me using the hydrator. The brightener also seems to be doing wonders, some dark sports disappearing alteady. Very happy with it so far, and will pick up the restorer eventually!

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well my S.O has said my skin looks better within a few days of me using the hydrator. The brightener also seems to be doing wonders, some dark sports disappearing alteady. Very happy with it so far, and will pick up the restorer eventually!

Sounds like a success! Thank you so much for sharing :)

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started using a bunch of Urth (geturth.com) products years ago and never found anything else that made me want to switch. The Urth stuff seemed to help with the occasional acne I still get (If i switch products now, my main concern would be "will it cause me to breakout?").

I'm currently using Urth facewash in AM and PM, Urth Antioxidant moisturizer in morning, and California North Action Moisturizer at night. Urth scrub about every other day. People tell me I look younger than I am, so I figure these products aren't hurting.

Any thoughts on these products? Too much AHA? Which of your products should I introduce?

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I started using a bunch of Urth (geturth.com) products years ago and never found anything else that made me want to switch. The Urth stuff seemed to help with the occasional acne I still get (If i switch products now, my main concern would be "will it cause me to breakout?").

I'm currently using Urth facewash in AM and PM, Urth Antioxidant moisturizer in morning, and California North Action Moisturizer at night. Urth scrub about every other day. People tell me I look younger than I am, so I figure these products aren't hurting.

Any thoughts on these products? Too much AHA? Which of your products should I introduce?

Hey SCB!

Great question, and thanks for linking what you currently use. That really helps.

The only real gap I see in your routine are SPF (you should be using it everyday) in the AM as your last step. And a few serums that could help you future proof your skin.

If the AHA works for you, no reason for you to stop using it. The products I'd really recommend looking at are our Vitamin C serum (the brightener) and our hyaluronic acid serum (the hydrator). I'd also recommend something like our peptide complex to help your skin stay youthful.

Vitamin C - helps even out skin tone and give overall brightness to your skin. It's what really helps your skin get that almost imperceptible glow that quite often is featured in editorial content . It also works as an antioxidant too, helping your skin fight degradation from free radicals (i.e. pollution).

Hyaluronic Acid - works as a humectant that holds 1000x its weight in water. Our serum is formulated with additional soothing and calming botanicals like green tea, aloe vera, vitamin e, and centella asiatica.

These two together are really the basis of most good skincare routines. They will keep your skin looking great and if you want to be proactive about signs of aging, like wrinkles or spots, hydration and vitamin C will both help with that (as, oftentimes, wrinkles can form faster in dryer skin).

If you really wanted to kick it up a notch, I'd recommend our peptide complex serum (the restorer) this works as a gentle anti-aging formula enriched with matrixyl 3000, copper petides, amino acids and antioxidants to help you look as youthful as possible. You'd use this at night, alternating it with the hydrator serum.

We offer the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid in a duo, and the three in the self care bundle. The self-care bundle is our best value, as its three full size serums (each last about 6-8 weeks with regular use) for $99.

Let me know if you have any questions!

shortlefty

Reaction score
Hey SCB!

Great question, and thanks for linking what you currently use. That really helps.

The only real gap I see in your routine are SPF (you should be using it everyday) in the AM as your last step. And a few serums that could help you future proof your skin.

If the AHA works for you, no reason for you to stop using it. The products I'd really recommend looking at are our Vitamin C serum (the brightener) and our hyaluronic acid serum (the hydrator). I'd also recommend something like our peptide complex to help your skin stay youthful.

Vitamin C - helps even out skin tone and give overall brightness to your skin. It's what really helps your skin get that almost imperceptible glow that quite often is featured in editorial content . It also works as an antioxidant too, helping your skin fight degradation from free radicals (i.e. pollution).

Hyaluronic Acid - works as a humectant that holds 1000x its weight in water. Our serum is formulated with additional soothing and calming botanicals like green tea, aloe vera, vitamin e, and centella asiatica.

These two together are really the basis of most good skincare routines. They will keep your skin looking great and if you want to be proactive about signs of aging, like wrinkles or spots, hydration and vitamin C will both help with that (as, oftentimes, wrinkles can form faster in dryer skin).

If you really wanted to kick it up a notch, I'd recommend our peptide complex serum (the restorer) this works as a gentle anti-aging formula enriched with matrixyl 3000, copper petides, amino acids and antioxidants to help you look as youthful as possible. You'd use this at night, alternating it with the hydrator serum.

We offer the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid in a duo, and the three in the self care bundle. The self-care bundle is our best value, as its three full size serums (each last about 6-8 weeks with regular use) for $99.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thoughts on using spf in doors? I got my blinds open at all times, but sun doesn't directly go through. And if it rains or is cloudy I'd imagine it is unnecessary but not 100% sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads