• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Workwears (guessing the New Works also) I'm also a 33, so true to size - tried on at Neighbour in Vancouver, where I bought my first 60/40's.
I own the slate grey in 32 and they are too slim / tight in the waist for me.

hmm. The Workwears in 28 are the biggest size 28 I've ever seen, probably because they have such a long rise--they're meant to be pretty high waisted from what I can tell. The New Works have a lower rise, so I don't know how that's changed the fit.

smz180

Reaction score

hmm. The Workwears in 28 are the biggest size 28 I've ever seen, probably because they have such a long rise--they're meant to be pretty high waisted from what I can tell. The New Works have a lower rise, so I don't know how that's changed the fit.

I should note The Workwear's I've tried on and own are Iteration 2, and they don't seem high/larger waisted like the OG Iteration 3's & OG Winter's I own. They are similar to the 60/40's.

What iteration are your 28's?

The New Works I have never seen, nor looked into - just thought they might be close in size to the Workwears because of the name alone. Would have to compare the measurements, if anyone needs that info.

Last edited:

crackerjack

Reaction score
Someone going to the Outlier As Is sale? Let me know, I'm looking for a proxy and will pay an appriopriate proxy fee. Thanks.

Mr. Plan B

Reaction score
Ditto. I'm looking for Outlier Workwears, Keirins... pretty much anything but OG's. Size 31, 32. If someone gets together a WTB list, their proxy $ could buy them an outfit. I'd appreciate the help.

fogg

Reaction score
Oh man I'd be so down it someone was going to proxy. I just want some pants I could actually ride to work in and wear in the office.

I understand why their clothing is priced as high as it is, but shelling out that much for a pair blind is pretty much out of the question for me. A sample priced pair would be perfect, though...

Last edited:

smz180

Reaction score
They put some 'As Is' online mid July last year

Got the 32 Workwears 'as is' in slate grey (probably put FS soon as too small for me) were $94 US

I ordered the OG's in 32 slate too- but since they sold out they gave me a choice of any pant. So I grabbed full price 60/40's in tan for the As Is price ($94 again)

Was my lucky day + they have great customer service in general. (ex. After mentioning my issues with crazy UPS brokerage fee's they started shipping to Canada with USPS instead - no extra fee's since)

Last edited:

oneninetyseven

Reaction score
Thus far I've tried the New Works and Slim Dungarees Iteration 2. I'm pretty happy with both of them. The fabric is unique. Though it is synthetic, it has a weave and general feel that doesn't make me think "ugh" when it's on my skin. The construction seems good, as does the durability of the fabric. Time will tell, but they seem to have an excellent return policy.

I generally take a 30 waist. Both are size 30. Both fit just fine without a belt (my preference for most things casual)).

The New Works are relatively stiff (there's no stretch in the fabric), but they drape nicely. Took them on a decently long, through-town wet/slushy, few degrees above freezing bike ride with no fenders on the bike today. Rode through puddles, fast, on purpose, to test the fabric. My butt got wet, and didn't dry out during my ride, but that was expected. On the thighs, light splashes of grime and water beaded and brushed right off.

The Slim Dungarees are, indeed, slim, but don't have the look of way-too-tight jeans, plus the relatively lightness of the material and the added stretch (2 percent, I think) allows for extra mobility. I haven't worn these on a bike ride, yet, but testing them at home (ie, pouring water on them) indicates a reasonable amount of water resistance and fast drying time.

My only qualm would be that the crotch could be a bit roomier on both; I actually like a rise a bit higher than what seems to be the norm for many pants these days, but the stretch helps, as does the gusseted crotch. Might look at the Keirin Cut; maybe the roomier thigh opening means a bit more crotch-room, too.

Overall, I'm quite pleased. Fine looking pants, and much more suited to biking or being active in crappy weather (probably any weather) than jeans or dress pants. No, you don't need specialty clothing to ride a bike - but it's nice that there is stuff that is durable, looks fairly elegant and understated while keeping one warmer/drier/more comfortable than garments made from other materials. I dislike the general flaming colors/bright stripes/obvious logos found on a lot of outdoor/technical clothing; not everyone is climbing a mountain and needing to stand out like a neon sign, and not everyone being active in inclement weather is doing it out in the backcountry.

Cheers

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Well put, and a POV I share. I have the Keirins and really like the overall fit--basically a slim straight. I've been a pretty dedicated cyclist for years & the 60/40s were just too tight on my thighs in the appropriate waist size (31). I take the same size in the Keirins and they work gray, and do have good mobility in thigh/crotch area.

I'd love to try some of their shirting for fit but haven't gotten to it. That new heavy merino cardigan looks pretty sick, too.

Big, big thumbs up for thier customer service. Rachel rocks--took 3 exchanges to get my size right & all were free in all directions. Pretty unhead of, really.

Last edited:

oneninetyseven

Reaction score
^ Well put, and a POV I share. I have the Keirins and really like the overall fit--basically a slim straight.

Cheers. I don't have massive cyclist thighs (not yet, anyhow!), and overall, like the look of the slim dungarees, but given their excellent return policy, I may have to give the Keirins a go, especially in light of your comments about the crotch/thigh area mobility.

There's a line between looking tailored and being able to move; newer construction techniques and fabrics blur that line considerably (I find it's easier to have quite fitted upper body garments), but there are limitations as to what can be done with other parts of the anatomy (legs, and, er, everything in their proximity) when it's important that movement isn't greatly hampered.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Mr. Plan B

Reaction score
I've got a pair of original Workwears and I love them. The 31's fit well, perhaps a bit too tight in the thigh area until worn for ~15 min. The combination of slight stretch, durable fabric, and gusseted crotch has put an end to blown out seams in the area. I, too, purchased these online during the "as is" sale. A great buy! I'm always on the lookout for more Outlier products to purchase, if anyone is seeking a buyer. There are a pair of 31 OG's taking up space in my drawer. I gave 'em a go but decided this style was not quite for me. The posts on Keirins have sold me. I'd like to try those, as well. Sounds like they'll fit similar to Workwears, only with room in the thighs. It'd be ideal if I didn't need to roll them up on the drive side. That's the only drawback to the Workwears.

smz180

Reaction score
I just measured my AS IS workwears it. 2's labelled as size 32 for a potential buyer
and they are actually more like a size 31. (probably why they were AS IS)

but I compared the measurements against the the New Works (31) while I was at it
and the only difference is the New Works have a higher rear rise by a couple of inches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads