• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He certainly can. I've made various changes to the WW Chan patterns over the years and now we even have a soft shoulder with more rounded quarters on some garments, such as the Solaro I've done with them this year.
View attachment 2022131

That is in turn quite different compared to their usual cut and with no padding. That's more their usual stuff.

View attachment 2022133
Same here. I have stopped using Chan but i was able to steer them towards any design I wanted.

tdang

Reaction score
Damn... 6 commissions. Almost to the mythical 11 before you can form an opinion on the tailor.

I'll report back in 5 years 😂

Some general thoughts, not saying I agree or disagree with you.

I’m not sure how’s this is a driving factor if you have an established relationship with more than 1 tailor. But, I agree if you’re a long time customer, or only have one relationship with a tailor.

I think Antonio is a driving force and appeal. I was just talking with one of my friends about Antonio & he mentioned that, when he ordered from liverano, Antonio took all the measurements and performed all of the fittings.

Taka is the business manager. But, I wonder if Jin stays with liverano: qemal, & vittorio (and hojun, for good measure) all left liverano after performing that role for a few years. I think the vintage vault is a huge selling point of liverano though & it’s often that clients let the tailor select the fabric, once they know each other.

I don’t know if I’d consider liverano the perfect jacket for casual clothing as suggested. I don’t think it’s particularly wrong per se, but I think Naples or corcos is equally fine for casual clothing.

You and me both, my friend haha, although, I can only aspire to be on your level one day.

The first advantage is admittedly one claimed by a regular of any tailor. What I meant to say was that those who have already ordered from Liverano and liked what they got have a strong incentive to stick with them, despite being able to take their business to a number of supposedly more honestly priced operations.

Antonio is a big appeal for me, though my interaction with him was very brief (only two fittings in Florence, each one lasting no more than 10 minutes). That, in my opinion, is a testament to how deeply he has ingrained the brand and the team with his DNA.

As for the point about LL being suitable to casual dressers, maybe it's just me overthinking it a little. I'm aware that there are already a bazillion people out there who are able to make tailored clothing that work with casual clothes. But for me a lot of those options only work; few are actually great.

Sure, if one were to reduce dressing to spreadsheets or bullet points, then a set of fussier, messier-looking details like shirt shoulders, less structure, sleeves that can be rolled up, etc. seem to increase a garment's compatibility with t-shirts and jeans. But for Corcos and Neapolitan stuff, I'd almost always prefer to wear them with a tie. I've never liked a Neapolitan jacket with a collarless shirt or something similarly informal. I guess I prefer a little counterbalance to every outfit instead of leaning too heavily into one extreme?

By the way you should post more of your finished articles here, like the ones from Yuki 🤌

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking the rules here as not bespoke but I’ll give it a go. I dipped my toe into the MTM world today with an unstructured navy jacket; no canvas, no padding, no wadding. It just didn’t make sense to go bespoke on this commission when Vestrucci in Florence already invented the wheel. They fit me with the best OTR offering and then pinned all of the adjustments. The adjustments were written down and given to one of their two tailors who also received the pinNed garment to understand the notations. I chose the heavy 16-17 oz Spring Ram as they have most books available. I should have the jacket in a couple of months.
IMG_3121.jpeg

CLH03

Reaction score
Breaking the rules here as not bespoke but I’ll give it a go. I dipped my toe into the MTM world today with an unstructured navy jacket; no canvas, no padding, no wadding. It just didn’t make sense to go bespoke on this commission when Vestrucci in Florence already invented the wheel. They fit me with the best OTR offering and then pinned all of the adjustments. The adjustments were written down and given to one of their two tailors who also received the pinNed garment to understand the notations. I chose the heavy 16-17 oz Spring Ram as they have most books available. I should have the jacket in a couple of months.
View attachment 2022555
So when does a sport jacket become outerwear? Would you plan to wear something like that indoors? Just seems really heavy. Purely asking out of curiosity. I’m sure it probably drapes incredibly!

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Love the 16oz choice. I'd put this very personalized MTO in the Made-to-Measure thread, which is great and needs more love.

View attachment 2022555

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of a blue blazer I ordered from Chipp MTM in the late 80s.
I told Paul that I want a jacket that I could wear on a plane and then go
directly to a meeting. The result: a very dense heavy jacket that "performed"
as intended. It was not unstructured and I have no idea which fabric was used.
I still have it in my "clothing museum" with a bunch of other Chipp
commissions, none of which quite fit.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric is super porous. So it has the guts of a heavy jacket but can be worn in spring-summer-autumn. It’s a unique jacketing in regards to the weight being appropriate for hot weather.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
340g plain weave navy baby camelhair from Joshua Ellis and mid to light grey 360g flannel from Scabal funded. The jacket will be made with three patch pockets, manica camicia and 1 button cuff. Trousers with belt loops, two pleats and cuffs.

My dad is having made a caban/giacone/peacoat in plain a weave navy wool&cashmere from Drapers, circa 550g.

fc14d22a-bfb2-4047-be63-7189fb35fb57.jpeg
de9e9a18-7038-48a6-93a3-810f87fd41cb.jpeg
9b8fe8e8-1155-4b33-85b7-2d8e274b2b70.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4928.jpeg
IMG_4929.jpeg
IMG_4930.jpeg
IMG_4931.jpeg
IMG_4932.jpeg

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent a little time in this joint today and found a few things enlightening.
1. Their cutter won the Golden Shears award last year.
2. To confirm speculation, December will be the last NYC trip in conjunction with The Armoury but they will continue to frequent NYC.
3. Contrary to what I had been lead to believe, they have no issue with CMT and were intrigued with the LL Everest Cashmere. I have that fabric in hand but will not pull the Doppio Uso commission from the tailor who was very accommodating of my schedule and accepted the commission. Our meeting will be tomorrow.
IMG_1454.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent a little time in this joint today and found a few things enlightening.
1. Their cutter won the Golden Shears award last year.
2. To confirm speculation, December will be the last NYC trip in conjunction with The Armoury but they will continue to frequent NYC.
3. Contrary to what I had been lead to believe, they have no issue with CMT and were intrigued with the LL Everest Cashmere. I have that fabric in hand but will not pull the Doppio Uso commission from the tailor who was very accommodating of my schedule and accepted the commission. Our meeting will be tomorrow.
View attachment 2023341

From your post, it was confusing, are you pulling the trigger on the Everest cashmere with liverano? Or the other tailor?

Their cutter is Jin, right? He seems very good. I think @tdang has had quite good results with him.

I wonder if liverano x the armoury will take new orders in December.

BomTrady

Reaction score
What about Liverano keeps you coming back for more?
I simply like the fit for me - which is the most significant factor for my patronage. I don't limit my bespoke commissions to Liverano and just made it onto Corcos' rotation by the skin of my teeth. But I won't exclude L&L either. If they decided to not come to NYC, I'd force my family into periodic Florance trips, likely against their collective wills, somehow. The wait times have been the most frustrating, but other than that, I've been very happy with the product, the Armoury and L&L's customer service. And yes, I know that I take terrible photos.
IMG_2633.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply like the fit for me - which is the most significant factor for my patronage. I don't limit my bespoke commissions to Liverano and just made it onto Corcos' rotation by the skin of my teeth. But I won't exclude L&L either. If they decided to not come to NYC, I'd force my family into periodic Florance trips, likely against their collective wills, somehow. The wait times have been the most frustrating, but other than that, I've been very happy with the product, the Armoury and L&L's customer service. And yes, I know that I take terrible photos. View attachment 2023379
If I’m not mistaken, you’d only need one fitting once they have your pattern down. So in theory, you could place the order, they’d come with a fitting a few months later & send you the finished garment.

I suppose, with liverano coming on their own now, That’ll save you some money. So that’s good new for you haha

kid1002

Reaction score
I simply like the fit for me - which is the most significant factor for my patronage. I don't limit my bespoke commissions to Liverano and just made it onto Corcos' rotation by the skin of my teeth. But I won't exclude L&L either. If they decided to not come to NYC, I'd force my family into periodic Florance trips, likely against their collective wills, somehow. The wait times have been the most frustrating, but other than that, I've been very happy with the product, the Armoury and L&L's customer service. And yes, I know that I take terrible photos. View attachment 2023379
Beautiful jacket! Quinessential Liveraro cut on display.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads