• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Mag: Gilt selling merch made for Gilt

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What happened to the official Gilt thread? I can't find it in MC or access it via any links in this thread anymore.
eh.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
What happened to the official Gilt thread? I can't find it in MC or access it via any links in this thread anymore.
eh.gif

The official Gilt thread is in another member's cart. Check back in ten minutes.

- B

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

I'll send you an e-mail when it becomes available again.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn this thread's model is super hawt and has the meatiest thighs and the snarkiest snark!

user-name

Reaction score
eh.gif

well, what do you think happened to it? No banners, no threads. Put two and two together.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like SF pissed Gilt off enough for Gilt to pull the sponsorship/affiliation

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilt built a decent reputation so what do you expect? everyone's in it for the money

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
Looks like SF pissed Gilt off enough for Gilt to pull the sponsorship/affiliation

frown.gif

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow... Gilt pulled out of SF over this discussion maybe? Wow...

I wouldn't want to tick off an online community that has a bunch of members (you know who you are) that spend way too much time online.

btw - the correct corporate response is something like:

"We've appreciated the business from you SF people for some time and have been glad to be a sponsor. We also appreciate your discussion here, as it alerts us to a potential misconception (sic) of our business practices.

(insert Gilts corporate speak answer from above here)

"Further, we are investigating the option of starting a return policy for our most valued customers, many of which come from the SF community"

But instead they pull out???

wow.

raven37457

Reaction score
The rep was becoming less informative with each passing hour. Also, the rep was not responding to the majority of public inquiries (before the discussion) and "sneak" previews were becoming a treat of the past. I assume SF takes a loss in advertising revenue but that's business (unless both parties work it out). I know its cliche but if you can not take the heat get out of the kitchen.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, it's really sad, because the response they gave on SW&D actually made me more willing to buy Gilt stuff--I was under the impression that made for Gilt stuff was somehow different from the regular stuff, but according to that rep, most of it is identical, just set aside from the beginning..

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3

or maybe SF.net kicked them off pending explanation? Not sure they can take the banner down themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads