1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

Saw some of that when Durant and the others were playing with the streetball teams in Rucker park. Just killing people, the NBA guys were far and away the best people on the court.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

It's official, New Orleans will be the Pelicans next year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013

3. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Ya, that was the most ornery looking bunch of players you can imagine. If you were playing pickup (size aside) you'd leave them all on the sidelines.

In other news:

4. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

You know what, I think that Kobe throughout his career has been guilty of some extremely selfish behavior, but not this time. The dude has gone out of his way to get Howard involved, to the point that his own game has suffered and the overreactionary Laker fans have slammed him for it. And then he refuses to blame Howard or say anything negative about him.

If Howard isn't doing well or doesn't like something or someone, it's totally on him

5. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

I'm not convinced Howard is even 100% right now. He seems a step slower than previous years and he also doesn't seem as focused.

6. Vickt

Vickt Senior Member

Not even close. Either that or he's using it as an excuse to check out. His help D is awful, and he just flails at people with his arms instead of moving his feet.

7. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    yup. if i see one more uncontested layup followed by bryant, howard and gasol looking at each other without a clue ... who am i kidding? i'll probably see it at dozen times tonight (memphis).

8. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Those reactions are the funniest thing in the NBA right now.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

LAKERS BABY LAKERS

Oh wait- I'm a Clippers fan now

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...geles-lakers-hold-team-meeting-air-grievances

what a fucking pussy.

with howard being so flaky about his impending free agency in orlando (to the point where he shot himself in the foot by opting-in to another year of drama) and the fact that he won't stand up for himself when confronted by kobe... the dude is just so spineless... he is in need of a good bitch slap.

I think thats all howard needed to avoid this mess...a good bitchslap. if he got the bitchslap he deserved in 2010 he would've been in brooklyn or dallas. if he got the bitchslap he deserves this year he would've just told kobe that the offense should run through him.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

The Lakers are really bad--has anyone pointed this out yet?

12. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Kobe is having a solid season, but his routine is starting to wear thin, he's aging and can't put up or shut up like he used to.

DHoward is a bitch and that anecdote is pretty funny about the bench... the team hates Howard and Kobe. They probably wanted to see them argue. Which goes back to my point a few pages ago with that Gerald Henderson dunk and the bench sweating DHoward. Anyone miss that video? Just in case :smarmy:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

14. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Is anyone else getting the idea that Dwight Howard is just an insufferable drama queen and you can't win with him on your team?

15. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

i don't think that's really it at all. he's been hurting because of his back, but there's no arguing that his shots are dramatically down because of sharing the ball. it's natural that he should complain -- the lakers would be a better team going to him more often. so the issue becomes his reluctance to say anything directly to kobe. this is the sticking point. thhroughout his career, kobe has never had anyone able to confront him ... aside from shaq and we all know how that ended. i've got a friend who is close to the team and he says howard is really a good guy and that the problem is that he's so aware of his public personality that he shies away from any situation where he might be the bad guy. that was part of the problem in orlando ... everyone would have understood if he'd just cut and said "i've given you X years, time to go". but because he dragged it out not wanting to be a bad guy, he turned himself into an even worse guy. same thing with him and kobe right now. the underlying reality is that there has to be a certain level of trust to make a team cohesive. if there's not enough trust to honestly bring up issues that are destroying the team, there's not much chance of anything getting better.
    i only watched a little of last night's game (this is the first year i've consciously been missing games not because of scheduling conflicts). and while there's no question that kobe shot too much (1/3 of team shots), i couldn't help but notice that almost every time he was in a situation where he hoisted one of those prayers, the other four players were standing around the perimeter watching. i'm not sure which comes first -- kobe's antics or the other players' passivity, but that really kills the offense.