1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

that and jodie meeks

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

No kidding. I'm sitting here working on taxes and seeing the fantasy Game Channel light up red with his name. I don't even have to watch the game to know what you said is true. He's at 31% FGP. 8 turnovers.

Yup. I have a tight week vs Mikey and he has Meeks. 38 after 3 quarters. They say scoring is a real beast these days in the NBA :embar:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

lakers so bad at defensive rebounds

holy shit westbrook. that was awesome

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Followed by an air behind the arc. :lol:

Westbrooks gon Westbrook

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:crackup:

It's like Durant doesn't exist.

Westbrooks back!

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

omg westbrook.... a seriously awesome 5 plays in a row and then 2 really terrible ones to clinch the game for the lakers

durant couldn't get free tho.

the worst thing about the thunders is that their offense is kinda like the warriors. good movement to start with (like a PnR) and if that doesn't work it's time for isoball. no screens or back cuts or anything

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Yup. Game Channel just lit up with 2 late missed 3s. Edit, and then he finally makes one.

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

been reading by the pool all afternoon and I come back to see a Lakers win??!! WTF happened? lol

seems like it deserved quoting myself as I was wroooooong! :happy:

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Serious question: Should the Thunder trade Westbrook next year? They had as good if not better record without him and they could get some real talent from somebody thirsty for a "star"

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

refs seriously have it in for the rockets. series of no calls and blatant fouls

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

He was playing in LA, where he's from, so I think that influenced him to be a hero.

I would not move him. Having him in fantasy, I see him every day. He puts up spectacular stats. He had a triple double the other night in 20 mins. He's also a physical freak of nature and as quick as any player in the history of the NBA.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This is a tough one. If he's allowed to be a ball-dominant score-first PG, he's probably a top 5 player in terms of production (I'm not terribly sure about this, but let's say top 10 for sure). If you can flip him for CP3, then yes, absolutely, but that's probably unrealistic. To move him you need to get a bonafide star, not a bunch of decent to good players.

I also expect that OKC management is going to be very cautious in making big trades given all the (well deserved) criticism they've received over the Harden fuckup...they'll only move him for a no brainer acquisition.

16. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Speaking of that Harden snafu

[​IMG]

17. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

they're not going to move him. they've said it several times and the organization is pretty committed to the development of their young players. they'd have to get some unbelievable trade offer to consider and even then probably wouldn't move him

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

They'll almost never get fair value in return. Even CP3 is not fair value (3 yrs older/injury history), I likely wouldn't make that deal, but many would.

I suggested Westbrook for Rondo at one point but not any more. Westbrook for Harden, or Aldridge, etc. That's the kind of guy it would take to make the deal.

19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

westbrook is only 24 (25?) and his efficiency gets better every year. coaching staff just needs to work with him to make sure he doesn't take those long contested 2s and set up backup plans for when their sets fail. they need to make adjustments and its pretty clear scott brooks hates doing that. he hates changing things even when certain things (like lineups e.g. with perkins) aren't working

westbrook for harden will never happen and they don't really need aldridge since they have durant. i don't really know who'd be a good trade for him

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Good that you mention Scott Brooks. He's even more to blame for the Thunder not getting the most efficiency out of their talent than anyone else