1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Yeah, I remember the red, white and blue ball too. I think it was only used in the ABA, pre merger.
    I remember Wilt's trick "Dunk-Free Throw". But I don't think he used that play in official games much if any. It was too controversial and not allowed for very long ( if at all ). I never saw it live or on TV in a game. I do remember Wilt getting fouled a lot and taking many underhanded free throws.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Fuck I don't want to fall for this stupid trap but are you going to post every time someone has a career night?

Shit! It doesn't prove your point unless those dudes average that the whole year for gods sake!

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It looks easy though that's all that matters :lol:

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It was a mistake. I was looking at his week instead of his night :)

And why is Neo posting so much suddenly? You think its because he's a hypocritical idiot trying to climb back from it?

Dude. Russell Westbrook knows how to turn the basketball over. 13 in 2 games. It takes effort to achieve such a number.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I think Raymond Felton would disagree!

1 person likes this.
  8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

turnovers are like errors in baseball. they are overrated (in a vacuum) as a liability stat in larger view of things like offensive efficiency.

examples:

- derek jeter may average less errors than the average MLB shortstop, but its probably because he has less range and takes less chances to get to the ball.

- or manny pacquiao may throw a lot of punches in a fight to the point where it looks like his punches thrown/punches landed ratio looks very low.

so russell westbrook may be out of control (to our observation) and lose some possessions, but not to the detriment that people assume. its just that he's so fast and covers so much range that those few plays where he's charging down the court on a 1 on 3, or 2 on 4 transition play (which looks like a bad numbers matchup) but can actually outrun the defenders to a point where a 1 on 3 actually is a 1:1 play (which in transition is a heavy advantage to the offensive player).

also have you seen Kevin Durants turnovers this year? I personally have him on fantasy, and he's had a lot of games where he has 10 turnovers (a ton a 8 or 9 turnover games) and a shockingly large amount of over 10 turnover games. In a vacuum KD having around 10 turnovers in a game (especially when westbrook was out) sucks, but he was so good otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'm whining about the frustration of RW on my fantasy team. Turnovers are a counted cat and he single-handedly loses me that column all the time.

Any player that has a ball in their hands a lot is going to turn it over more than a guy that gets a few putback rebounds. To me if a guy is getting 14 assists and has 5 turnovers, I can live with it, but 7 assists with 5 turnovers is too much. Of course stats only tell one side of the story, to your point. OKC won last night, that's all that matters in the end, but there will be nights where RW turnovers turn a close game.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^i totally understand. I lost a ton of heartbreaking weeks in fantasy with KD having near 10 turnover games almost daily when westbrook was out. It was catch 22.. KD was averaging like 40pts and great assist/rebound numbers but I had to start off with a loss in the TO category no matter what.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's official, Phil Jackson will head operations for the Knicks. Let's see if the zen master can make a difference, I mean he can't do any worse, right?

It supposedly won't affect Melos free agency though.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Spurs- #1 record in the NBA. Though not by much.

13. jet

jet Senior member

LOL @ this fairweather fan over here

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Nah- just trying not to duke it out this year. Lot of personal stuff

15. Neo_Version 7

Any night the Heat lose is a great night

1 person likes this.
  16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:slayer: B K L Y N!

17. diadem

diadem Senior member

Paul Pierce 9 of 12 from the field...the old man still has some game. I'm predicting the Nets will sweep the season series against the Heat. They just match up well against them.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Also, he hates the Miami guys. If he gets up for one game this month, it would be this one.

Worst stretch of the year for the Heat. Hoping they get it out of their system soon.

19. Neo_Version 7

I can't believe it would come at the hands of this guy

[​IMG]