• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bynum might not play due to an bruised elbow I think. Damn the injury bug!
ffffuuuu.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate how Mbenga is too confident to shoot the ball and I hate how Powell has no low-post move. The Lakers will be in trouble with Bynum and Pau out.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I hate how Mbenga is too confident to shoot the ball and I hate how Powell has no low-post move. The Lakers will be in trouble with Bynum and Pau out.

mbenga's confidence is really good for the team. better than having no confidence the other way around im sure. yeah what is the deal with powell? he doesnt act/move like a power forward out there.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's too sloppy with the ball, sometime he even fumbles rebounds by himself and he is pretty weak for his size. If he just add a simple post move or maybe train with Bynum when Jabbar is teaching then he would be a much bigger contributor.

As for Mbenga, confidence is good but to chuck up jump shots and fade away shot whenever he touches the ball is not good. Dude also jump toward anything moving towards him on the defensive end, he can barely stay on the floor because of foul trouble last year and he barely played a few minutes a game.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
It may well be that Jackson wants Mbenga to try to develop into a bit more of a shooting threat so that that defenders are a little more reluctant to leave him open to double Pau, Kobe, or whoever. If so, they might be perfectly willing to have him try to develop that skill during non-critical stretches of games during the largely meaningless regular season.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is a horrible idea, Mbenga has never been a shooter, dude is like 7'3", he needs to post up with his long wingspan instead of making mid range jumpers. He wasn't even decent to begin with, that would be like Howard trying to be a shooter, it's just not their game and you don't want to develop it during the season. Mbenga should do nothing but gobble up rebounds, block shots and maybe follow up shots and nothing else. He needs to play like Dampier, he's slow and old but he's been blocking and rebounding and scoring off misses.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
He's too sloppy with the ball, sometime he even fumbles rebounds by himself and he is pretty weak for his size. If he just add a simple post move or maybe train with Bynum when Jabbar is teaching then he would be a much bigger contributor.

As for Mbenga, confidence is good but to chuck up jump shots and fade away shot whenever he touches the ball is not good. Dude also jump toward anything moving towards him on the defensive end, he can barely stay on the floor because of foul trouble last year and he barely played a few minutes a game.

Jabbar was in both Obama videos. He can teach A LOT of people A LOT of things.

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
bynum still looking good. should continue to get 20 and 12 around there. he may be the key to stopping san antonio and boston on their way to the finals.

Bynum? 20/12?
rotflmao.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Spurs looked bad yesterday against Utah and they have their hands full against the Blazers tonight. Looks like the era of the Spurs are slowly ending.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
The Spurs looked bad yesterday against Utah and they have their hands full against the Blazers tonight. Looks like the era of the Spurs are slowly ending.

I haven't watched...

I think it will take them some time to put all the pieces together and make the engine run.

But run it will. All over the Lakers.

Especially Kobe.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That is a horrible idea, Mbenga has never been a shooter, dude is like 7'3", he needs to post up with his long wingspan instead of making mid range jumpers. He wasn't even decent to begin with, that would be like Howard trying to be a shooter, it's just not their game and you don't want to develop it during the season. Mbenga should do nothing but gobble up rebounds, block shots and maybe follow up shots and nothing else. He needs to play like Dampier, he's slow and old but he's been blocking and rebounding and scoring off misses.

Point taken. Is he really that tall?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nah, he is only 7 feet tall but he did just what I said tonight. He just put back missed shots and blocked shots and rebounded. When he shot the ball, they were horrible and when he posts and dribbles the ball, he fumbles it and creates a turnover. He also had 2 fouls in the first 3-4 minutes and had back to back to back turnovers by either 3-second in the paint or defensive 3-second. It worked out well though because lucky enough for the Lakers, Memphis is a non-defensive team, they didn't even double team Kobe all night so he scored 41 points on them easily. I doubt it'll be the same against the Hornets on Sunday with Okafor and West in the paint. Hopefully, Pau and/or Bynum will be back by then.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
gasol is coming back next week, byunm is worthless, lakers will do fine with artest, kobe and gasol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads