• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you really want me to answer that?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Just wondering, is glen davis marsupialed or something? Is he mentally handicapped or just simple like forrest gump? Just commenting objectively.
Continue on..

well his mom was a crack whore who barely even showed in his life up until his senior year on college.

then again lets list some crack whore/drug addict mothers who produced NBA players:

aforementioned glen davis
dwane wade
allen iverson
lebron james
jj reddick
tounge.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
52f8c7545c4f56f18757cd57995fedf9-getty-98836937cc059_orlando_magic.jpg

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's move off of that horrible excuse for a game. Now about Amare Stoudemire's defense...I was of the opinion that he was at fault for the vast majority of what Phoenix is doing wrong on defense (which is everything). Here, David Thorpe, who knows everything about basketball, detailed Amare's responsibilities in defending the pick and roll. Truehoop Namely, when he's on Gasol and Gasol screens and Amare shows on the ball handler, the guy guarding the 4 is supposed to rotate onto the rolling Gasol, while Amare helps with the 4 (usually Odom). That might sound pretty intuitive, but I can't pretend to be a total expert in bball defensive strategies and the sight of Phoenix executing this awfully made me think that it was ALL Amare's fault. Summary: Amare still plays poor defense, but it's not all on him. It's on Grant Hill, and it's on everyone else, too, for making it far too easy for the much too skilled Lakers. Here's the youtube that the above link goes to:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
amare hasn't played defense or rebounded his whole career. if he can't use his athleticism to just outjump someone for a rebound or get a weakside block he's really not interested because it requires a lot of thankless work otherwise. story of his career. is never changing. People always said "wait till he gets a work ethic and plays defense. he'll be the complete package". Umm... he's already like 28. Not happening unless he has some weird revelation at age 30 by playing with a guy like KG or something

fir3fox

Reaction score
I agree, the failures the Sun's have on defense cannot be laid entirely at the feet of Amare, but as one of the team's "superstars" it would be nice for him to at least attempt to set a tone of defensive effort.

And there's no way he should be averaging less than 5 boards a game.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I mean, it's tough when your two best players/leaders are also your two worst defenders. It's funny how people pretend that defense isn't 50% of the game. I mean, nash is an amazing offensive player, and probably the best shooter in the nba not to mention a passing machine. But he's completely miserable on defense. As a complete player he's only about average though i understand it doesn't work like that. Definitely somthing to think about that and i don't think it's a coincidence or injustice that he hasn't won a title for that reason. It's just not in his nature, nor does he have the body, or right type of athleticism (he's athletic but not in a way that translates to defense as much), and doesn't have the desire/work ethic to play top notch defense. He has to expend a lot on the offensive end so it's understandable he doesn't have as much to work with on defense (especially with his age) but still an interesting concept. Lots of offensive studs throughout nba history who weren't good defensive players, tmac, vince, dominique, dirk (who is getting better though), ewing, etc....

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lots of offensive studs throughout nba history who weren't good defensive players, tmac, vince, dominique, dirk (who is getting better though), ewing, etc....

I agree, there's two sides of the court and defense can't be ignored.

I also don't think its any coincidence that those offensive studs you mentioned were at one point considered the leaders of their respective teams but couldn't lead them to a championship.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[glasshalffull]At least the Lakers won't get soft before the finals like two years ago.[/glasshalffull]

chronoaug

Reaction score
It's funny. The pick and roll is basketball's perfect play if done properly. The simplest play in the world (of course it's more complicated to set up the rest of the offense around it but still) and it's still by far the most effective. I mean, it's just impossible to defend if you have the right players and execute properly. Just funny, i guess.

also kudos to sun for the well done zone defense. 3point shooting isn't the lakers specialty and tonight they couldn't break the zone with shooting. That's what you're supposed to do if you can't hold you're own man2man. Good game by the suns

limester816

Reaction score
Suns had to win one game... where was Bynum all night? Stoudamire is so hot and cold, everything rides on him. Announcers were talking about Jason Richardson being the 'X' factor, but I think it's really Amar'e and the effort he gives. Once again Dudley is just a sparkplug off the bench, along with Lopez.

Hope they tie the series up..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads