• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
New show dropped. Due to technical problems at the station I had to improvise with an external source, so the show format has no track announcements, also the sound quality isn't quite up to the usual standard, but there are 21 great tracks.

Again, nice selection. The Pickett/Muscle Shoals 'Hey Jude' is a banger.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, nice selection.

Completely random - no scheduling at all. I was as surprised as anybody by what came up!

My next official show isn't until January. This coming week is the start of exams at the uni, and STAR doesn't run during exams. Not long after it will be the winter break. I could have happily operated right through winter - I'm part of the skeleton staff at the complex of student flats for most of the vacation - but the station wouldn't have tech support, and I don't think the podcast bot would be working.

So we have to wait until Jan to continue the kids' education. Tech staff will have actually made a jingle to advertise the show by then. I hope.

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
I got lucky at the outlet and found this beaut for $30.
20221128_130500.jpg

Inkss

Reaction score
I got lucky at the outlet and found this beaut for $30. View attachment 1861872
Nice find RM !
Just bought a vintage 3-button jacket from Lincoln Nebraska for £9/$11. The postage is £23/$27.50 and the import tax is £9/$11, but it is coming from 4300 miles away. Should be an exact fit if the measurements are correct too.
I'm guessing it's pre-1963 as the store closed in January 1963. I liked the look of the rounded lapel notches, and the fact it's US made with a US cut is a bonus. (also Union Made)
iv2.jpg

iv3.jpg

Reggae Mike

Reaction score
Nice find RM !
Just bought a vintage 3-button jacket from Lincoln Nebraska for £9/$11. The postage is £23/$27.50 and the import tax is £9/$11, but it is coming from 4300 miles away. Should be an exact fit if the measurements are correct too.
I'm guessing it's pre-1963 as the store closed in January 1963. I liked the look of the rounded lapel notches, and the fact it's US made with a US cut is a bonus. (also Union Made)
View attachment 1861939

View attachment 1861940
OMG, you must be exited, what a stellar jacket.

Inkss

Reaction score
On the subject of lapel notches, I was watching a news special from 1967 about the Detroit riots and noticed the smallest lapel notches on some of the reporters and cameramen. Not far off from being a shawl lapel. Don't know whether it was a 1967 thing or a Midwest specific thing. The guy in the grey suit and glasses looks very smart.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on these. I’ve sort of stepped away from the ‘60s skinhead look but the measurements they hinted at on Instagram make them seem too good to pass up.
15” leg openings, 29, 31, and 33” inseams, sizes 28-42 waist. Says trim fit, not skinny, etc… yeah my interest is certainly piqued!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads