• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

I lived down the road in Castleford for 15 years, over in Ilkley now

RAC patrol/Unite member ?
I was in Ilkley a couple of weeks ago, a nice little family owned Italian restaurant there that we like to go to, and a decent shoe shop/cobblers, I bought some black Royals from about 10 years ago. We've got family in Addingham, nice Booths supermarket as well?.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of recent sales buys
Baracutta x Engineered Garments G9, made from a light Poly material.
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG

A couple of hats from TKMaxx for the winter, made by Failsworth in Harris Tweed, only a tenner each.
Always fancied a deerstalker but never had the bottle to pull one off. But now that I'm an elder statesman I don't give a f**k.
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0300.JPG

Just need to get myself either a magnifying glass or gun.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Ilkley a couple of weeks ago, a nice little family owned Italian restaurant there that we like to go to, and a decent shoe shop/cobblers, I bought some black Royals from about 10 years ago. We've got family in Addingham, nice Booths supermarket as well?.

There is another great little Italian place in Ben Rydding called Pranzo, Lobster Ravioli is amazing, worth booking as its only a small place

There is a Tapas place called La Casita next door to Bar 'Tat. Both really good places to eat, other end of the car park from the shoe shop ?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is another great little Italian place in Ben Rydding called Pranzo, Lobster Ravioli is amazing, worth booking as its only a small place

There is a Tapas place called La Casita next door to Bar 'Tat. Both really good places to eat, other end of the car park from the shoe shop ?
Cheers will check them out next time I'm in town.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of recent sales buys
Baracutta x Engineered Garments G9, made from a light Poly material. View attachment 1662167 View attachment 1662168
A couple of hats from TKMaxx for the winter, made by Failsworth in Harris Tweed, only a tenner each.
Always fancied a deerstalker but never had the bottle to pull one off. But now that I'm an elder statesman I don't give a f**k.
View attachment 1662169 View attachment 1662170
Just need to get myself either a magnifying glass or gun.
Back in the day , dearstalkers were very popular at one point , you could even get a deerstalker style crash helmet fur yer scooter !! The other hat will come in handy for cold winter days at the footie. .

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the day , dearstalkers were very popular at one point , you could even get a deerstalker style crash helmet fur yer scooter !! The other hat will come in handy for cold winter days at the footie. .
I remember Don Craine of the Downliners sect used to wear one, I was thinking more of when out walking on cold winter days, my standing on the terraces days are long gone.
IMG_0306.JPG

smalltownbigboots

Reaction score
View attachment 1654367 I've finally got the formula for the collar roll

Today I wore this pale green shirt I picked up from a thrift store a few years ago. It's LL Bean, which is not a brand I've ever associated with "the look." But I like it. Collar is not as nicely shaped as Nik's.

Can't see as well but I'm wearing Thorogood oil rigger boots (came in dark brown; I polish with oxblood) and rigid denim slim cut wranglers which unfortunately look like skinny jeans from the bad camera angle. They're not.

Attachments

• IMG_20210902_175630446.jpg
    IMG_20210902_175630446.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 66

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deerstalker helmets.
There is a fairly well-known picture of a 1960s mod wearing what appears to be one - not easy to see in the pic. I remember them - the three vintage ones I'm uploading here are by Waddington, Everoak, and Chas Owen.

Deerstalker Chas Owen 1.jpeg
Deerstalker Chas Owen 1.jpeg
deerstalker Everoak 1.jpeg
Deerstalker mods.jpeg
deerstalker Waddington 1.jpeg

I also remember in 1967/68 seeing scooter lads turning up in Blackpool wearing hooped cricket caps, a bit like these.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deerstalker helmets.
There is a fairly well-known picture of a 1960s mod wearing what appears to be one - not easy to see in the pic. I remember them - the three vintage ones I'm uploading here are by Waddington, Everoak, and Chas Owen.

View attachment 1662750 View attachment 1662750 View attachment 1662751 View attachment 1662752 View attachment 1662753

I also remember in 1967/68 seeing scooter lads turning up in Blackpool wearing hooped cricket caps, a bit like these.
A few mods used to wear similar to these when I was active on the scene, along with other types of vintage helmets. Not sure that they would pass todays safety requirements BS kitemarks etc, but hey it was all about the look.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few mods used to wear similar to these when I was active on the scene, along with other types of vintage helmets. Not sure that they would pass todays safety requirements BS kitemarks etc, but hey it was all about the look.
Amazing to think now that we could once drive around without a helmet and that the guy in the photo above is wearing it through choice or his perception of style at the time , in the days before the statutory law kicked in. .nice in summer and eyewatering cold in winter.

northernbloke12345

Reaction score
Best attitude to have i am 31 years old i have 19 flat caps i dont give a **** anymore live how you want to live it's no one else's fookin buisness do tha get me.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be Flat 'at and Barbour season soon up on t'Ilkley moor

I need to get another hip flask so I can have a bit of a slurp on my "winter walks" ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics