• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
They were only a movie costume, made up.
Really ? I'm disappointed !
wink.gif

Two pics we didn't have (probably movie stills)

Huge shirt collar on the left !

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is Style Forum..i.e. "I saw this garment, footwear, etc, in a movie, where can I buy it?" usually in the Classic Menswear section.

Last edited:

The Jak

Reaction score

Looks like the long sleeves are just rolled up higher than usual to me.

The habit of having a long sleeve altered to be a better fitting short sleeve has been mentioned on this thread multiple times. I think we are likely finding an example of this here.

Gambettamod

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure it was posted quite a few times on these pages, but too hard to find with such many pics and newspapers articles.
I'm looking for a small article in a newspaper with a tiny skecth (1966-67), thoutght it's called "It's a Mod mod world" a focus on a new trend on the Mod scene, the skinheads.

It was featured in some skinheads books and perharos in Mod ones, and I saw it a lot of times in Modzines but can't find it anymore in my mess.
If someone coud post the pic or a repro of this article... Thanks a lot.

Gambettamod.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Has this great photo of Tottenham Hotspurs skins been posted before? Found this on Pinterest. It appears on several such websites, though a date isn't given anywhere.

The commando steelies worn by the lad on the right point to a time before DMs became the standard skinhead boot. Then there's his shaved sideparting and wider than regulation turnups. So I'd say 1969 or maybe 1970. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

I'm sure it was posted quite a few times on these pages, but too hard to find with such many pics and newspapers articles.
I'm looking for a small article in a newspaper with a tiny skecth (1966-67), thoutght it's called "It's a Mod mod world" a focus on a new trend on the Mod scene, the skinheads.

It was featured in some skinheads books and perharos in Mod ones, and I saw it a lot of times in Modzines but can't find it anymore in my mess.
If someone coud post the pic or a repro of this article... Thanks a lot.

Gambettamod.

You might be referring to the Chris Welch article in Melody Maker - a load of elitist, snobbish twaddle from a terminally bourgeois journo. Interesting from a 'social history' angle. Sort of.

Here's the page header. Do you recognise it?

Gambettamod

Reaction score
Thanks a lot "Man of mistery", this is it, I recognise it !

I didn't know where it came from as I always saw it cut as a "press cut" in mod or skinzines and without references...

So perharps I'm referring to the "Chris Welch article in Melody Maker - a load of elitist, snobbish twaddle from a terminally bourgeois journo."

But as I can remember as you said it was :"Interesting from a 'social history' angle. Sort of."

Thanks again ! Do you have the whole page, not only the header ?

Last edited:

thommorrishair

Reaction score

And as my first post on the forum and thread I give you this. About 13 years ago this was me and the crew. Me center, red crop, jeans, black Fred, and my cherry reds.
Over the years I grew and got jumped out, messed around with the mod scene for a while. As of recently been really finding myself leaning back to a modern take on modernism and suede

Soul Vision

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some interesting footage here, markets, Soho and a record bar including a sharp dressed customer at 6.16

SINGER KENNY LYNCH IN SWINGING LONDON 1965

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78