• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Male clothes for the gym

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ended up going back to the store before I left Boston and picked up a few more shirts. It's a good thing there isn't a store where I live. :laugh:

fyi,

8702 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN
United States

located right next to Aveda and Coach.

tel: 317-844-5235
[email protected]

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fyi,
8702 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN
United States
located right next to Aveda and Coach.
tel: 317-844-5235
[email protected]
Seriously, I had no idea. I haven't been to that mall in months; in fact, I've avoided it because of the construction. I'll have to go. Thanks for letting me know.

biged781

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

+1

Found interesting article on the topic - there are quite a few in the net: http://effortlessgent.com/what-girls-want-to-see-guys-wearing-in-the-gym/

In reality, any woman worth talking to likely doesn't want to be hit on in the gym anyway.

Last edited:

kurdo

Reaction score
Bumping this thread after more then a decade!

I've never really cared about gym clothes because they get trashed anyway. That means I never invested in quality gym clothes – but the time has come to do so. Need to upgrade my gym clothes and shoes badly!

I have no clue what brands make quality gym clothes that fit well, look good, and are also excellent to workout in (lifting weights, intensive cardio). I know and have the common brands (Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, etc.), but they tend to be inconsistent and the quality isn't always great.

What are some quality brands for gym pants, shorts, shirts, and shoes? :D

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread after more then a decade!

I've never really cared about gym clothes because they get trashed anyway. That means I never invested in quality gym clothes – but the time has come to do so. Need to upgrade my gym clothes and shoes badly!

I have no clue what brands make quality gym clothes that fit well, look good, and are also excellent to workout in (lifting weights, intensive cardio). I know and have the common brands (Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, etc.), but they tend to be inconsistent and the quality isn't always great.

What are some quality brands for gym pants, shorts, shirts, and shoes? :D
Tons of companies, but a couple I have stuff from and like.

Bartolo

Reaction score
The absolutely best shorts I've found are Lululemon. I buy them at their 'we made too many' website and I think the usual discount is 40% off msrp. They are much better made than other brands I've tried. I'll often wear those shorts and any old graphic tee shirt, or a solid one from Uniqlo.

Andmoreagain

Reaction score
Adidas powerlift shoes if you are doing any sort of squat/leg press type motion. The raised heel is good for both joint protection and hypertrophy because it permits greater depth on squatting type movements.

I like Goodlife supima or triblend tanktops when they’re on sale. Super comfy, in colors that can hide sweat stains.

Second the rec on Lululemon shorts; I like Vuori shorts too which was also recommended.

For sweatpants I loooove American Giant.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're doing squats or any other olympic weightlifting, then you'll need to get weightlifting shoes. If you want to go cheap, there's Adidas Powerlift, Nike Savelos, Reebok Lifter PR which can all probably be purchased for like $60-$100 depending on if there's a sale. For expensive go Adidas Adipower, Nike Romaleo, Reebok Legacy, Asics TOW 727 (can only be purchased off of Ebay), Lu Xiaojun Powerpro, Anta weightlifting shoes, or TYR. These will run you at least $150 up to $300+.

For clothing, I like to wear Virus International for pants and Under Armour for shirts.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffee_and_vodka