Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Male clothes for the gym

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Omega, Jul 2, 2012.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

T-shirt and soccer shorts are my go-to. I work out everyday and still don't feel the need to invest in any "nice" exercise gear. Granted, I mostly wear team-issued stuff I was given in high school and college, but even if I didn't have that I'd never shell out for Lululemon.

2. MasterplayerC

MasterplayerC Active Member

Plain white Hanes tagless wifebeater - worn as an undershirt from 6AM-8PM. I work out at 8PM. No reason to soil 2 shirts, right? - best range of motion, breathability

Black underarmour ankle socks - anti-microbial, don't stretch, have yet to get a hole in them

Navy above the knee underarmour shorts, fall above the knee - easily tucked in underarmour boxerbriefs during deadlifts (so I don't pants myself if the bar catches the shorts on the way down) - resists chalk - generally reusable for more than 1 session due to the nature of the fabric (provide its not 150 degrees in the gym)

New Balance Minimus sneakers - barefoot benefits without the silly look, super breathable and lightweight - holding up very well over time

I cannot fathom wearing pants at the gym.

The only aspects of fashion/style that I can see fitting at the gym are:
    1) Fit
    2) Not having holes/stains on your clothes
    3) Working out in a way that does not leave you drenched in sweat or bloody

3. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

[​IMG]

Dolce&Gabbana Gym (they call it Palestra now) - loved it since they started the line in the mid 2000s. I use a lot of these collections when hitting the gym. The best pieces are hard to find, though.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Seriously?

5. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

well do you want to look good while drinking your gatorade or juice at the bar that all the pussy gyms have.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

This, plus:
    4) Clothes that do not stink.

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

8. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

Ed Hardy T Shirt + True Religion Jeans shd get you through lifting and stretch class.

For outdoors, Dolce & Gabbana have some funky pants and singlets. If you want to really stand out, Cavalli does some animal prints.

Oh... Lol at this thread

9. jlewis

jlewis Active Member

Just wear basketball shorts and a dri-fit shirt. It is pointless spending hundreds of dollars on gear that will just get sweaty and ruined.

10. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Lululemon is run by a cult. Stay away.

I have a pair of black Puma sweat pants that I wear with v-neck Uniqlo tee's, and I've been told they look pretty good. TAD Gear Pathfinder jacket as a cover up. Used to wear Adidas Officials or GSG9s but they don't make 'em anymore, now I wear Inov8 Roclite 295 Tacticals in black.

11. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

I tend to wear the underarmour charged cotton shirts with their mesh shorts. Doesn't look odd at all since they are fitted.

12. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Yeah, seriously. What's the problem with these? I realize this thread might be better off in the SW forums, but he asked for stylish gym attire (though I admit these may be on the fashionable side).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

13. mexican88

mexican88 Well-Known Member

Maybe just a good coating of baby oil. Everyone knows all the best action is in the men's changing rooms in front of the mirrors. Shiiit sometimes after a hardcore flexing session I dont even make it into the actual gym.

14. lukelukeluke

lukelukeluke Well-Known Member

not sure if serious.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Out of curiosity I stopped by Lululemon today for the first time. It's very expensive with goods that don't appear to be any better than what you find at most sports shops. The place was busy, but the patrons seemed to be more fashion-minded than serious about physical activity. I won't be returning.