• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

VL22

Reaction score
@luxire
With the new pattern, would you recommend using measurements from a good fitting shirt or body measurements for a first time shirt buyer?

boot_owl

Reaction score
I am planning on ordering from Luxire after a three-year absence (I had enough stuff to wear, so no need to order).

Last time I've ordered, the following things were true:
  • MOP buttons were thick, I know that they have changed them to thin ones. Is it still possible to order the thick ones? I prefer them.
  • It used to be possible to order premium MOP buttons for a $20 surcharge, is this still possible?
  • Sky Blue Oxford and Warzone Plus White Oxford were $70 per shirt, now they are $100 per shirt. Have the fabrics changed? Increased in quality? Or just the increase in demand made it possible to raise the prices?
Has anyone else ordered after such a long absence based on an older pattern? I was going to order shirts based on a previous order and the pants based on a bespoke pattern (has anyone ordered a chino based on a bespoke suit pattern before?).

Need for recommendations:
  • For a white business shirt, I was going to go with the Monti Soft White Plain Poplin. Anyone with a better choice?
  • For a blue business shirt, I am undecided between the Monti Classic Blue Fine Twill and the Light Blue Twill 2/140. Anyone wants to weigh in or has a different recommendation?
Thanks for the help.

I’ve found this blog post of reviews quite helpful and true re: short fabrics https://www.google.com/amp/s/woollenhulls.com/post/171104017993/luxire-shirt-cloth-guide/amp

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering from Luxire after a three-year absence (I had enough stuff to wear, so no need to order).

Last time I've ordered, the following things were true:
  • MOP buttons were thick, I know that they have changed them to thin ones. Is it still possible to order the thick ones? I prefer them.
  • It used to be possible to order premium MOP buttons for a $20 surcharge, is this still possible?
  • Sky Blue Oxford and Warzone Plus White Oxford were $70 per shirt, now they are $100 per shirt. Have the fabrics changed? Increased in quality? Or just the increase in demand made it possible to raise the prices?
Has anyone else ordered after such a long absence based on an older pattern? I was going to order shirts based on a previous order and the pants based on a bespoke pattern (has anyone ordered a chino based on a bespoke suit pattern before?).

Need for recommendations:
  • For a white business shirt, I was going to go with the Monti Soft White Plain Poplin. Anyone with a better choice?
  • For a blue business shirt, I am undecided between the Monti Classic Blue Fine Twill and the Light Blue Twill 2/140. Anyone wants to weigh in or has a different recommendation?
Thanks for the help.

The thick MOP buttons are no longer available.
Premium MOP buttons are still available.
Oxford fabrics of our quality are difficult to get. Hence, we started getting those made. As we are were anyways getting them made, we chose to upgrade, using Egyptian Giza yarn. Everything together led to significant increase in cost, but I think the fabric is a lot more superior now, both in comfort and durability.
------------
The Monti and Brembana fabrics we have been adding in recent times are all very good. The Brembana one are a few notches higher.

Spurious

Reaction score
The thick MOP buttons are no longer available.
Premium MOP buttons are still available.
Oxford fabrics of our quality are difficult to get. Hence, we started getting those made. As we are were anyways getting them made, we chose to upgrade, using Egyptian Giza yarn. Everything together led to significant increase in cost, but I think the fabric is a lot more superior now, both in comfort and durability.
------------
The Monti and Brembana fabrics we have been adding in recent times are all very good. The Brembana one are a few notches higher.

Thanks for the reply. The thicker ones are definitely not available or is there a minimum order number where you could make an exception?

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire
After the recent price increase on dugdale cavalry twill do you have any other options inbound? Either cavalry twill, covert twill or whipcord?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The thicker ones are definitely not available or is there a minimum order number where you could make an exception?
The buttons have always been custom made for us.
Tried searching. Found a few buttons we can use for your shirts.
Once we run out of them, we will need to get them made again. When we place our next order, we will get some in the old style too.
We do have 18L buttons though in the old style.

LMendo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got my second pair of Luxire pants. Overall I'm quite happy with them after having worn them quite a bit, but I feel like there is still room for improvements.

I have used the measurements from my trial pair, but had to get the pants shortened as they were a good bit too long. I suspect it is because the wool fabric naturally drapes much better than the trial pants cotton fabric. The shortening in turn made the opening at the bottom wider due to the tapering.

Here are the pictures:

IMG-20190913-WA0013.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0000.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0018.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0019.jpg

I feel like the pants could drape a bit better in the front, I don't like the way the front "collapses" at the bottom. Also the right leg kind of flares or pulls outwards a lot.

In comparison here are my trial pants:

IMG-20190913-WA0007.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0010.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0015.jpg IMG-20190913-WA0012.jpg

I personally feel like the slightly slimmer leg opening looks better on me, although it is probably way too slim for many people here.

How do you think I could improve the overall fit? To be honest I am not 100% happy with the pants, but I can't say what exactly puts me off.

The only differences in measurements between the two pairs are the leg opening, which is 19,5 cm (~ 7,67 in) for the wool pants and 18 cm (~ 7,01 in) for the trial pants and the outseam, which is 105 cm (~ 41,33 in) for the wool pants and 107 cm (~42,13 in) for the trial pants (after shrinkage). The original outseam length was 109 cm (~ 42,91 in) for both.

Most of the difference comes from the fabric i suppose.

I would be thankful for any criticism and tips for improval. I will also send these pictures to Luxire before ordering my next pair.

Please excuse the (extremely) sloppily tucked in polo.

Thank you.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire
After the recent price increase on dugdale cavalry twill do you have any other options inbound? Either cavalry twill, covert twill or whipcord?

Seconding this request. I know VBC has a wool cavalry twill range that I'd think is a good deal cheaper than Dugdale.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Received some options from Drapers and VBC today.

Do let me know the shades that are of interest. Will select accordingly.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Received some options from Drapers and VBC today.

Mottled tans and grays, light tan or stone/ecru/cream as well as olive and brown. Heavier weights are best in Cavalry Twills. Holland and Sherry have some beautiful shades for reference, but they are quite expensive.

The mottled tan would be #1 on my list.

DL-

emptym

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am planning to customize a BD Collar, but I am not sure about the right proportion between collar tip length and button placing for a nice collar roll.
For example the collar tip length is 8cm, in which distance you guys would recommend to place the buttons (imagine a straight line from the collar band to the end of the collar tip)?
I'd just go with the standard Luxire BD collar and let them take care of button placement. If it doesn't turn out like you hoped, it'd be very easy to move the buttons.

Xune

Reaction score
Something in nice, light-to-mid gray. Close-ish to fresco 510242. Browns, preferably around tobacco flavours. Dark blue, but not extra dark navy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads