• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
Word is that wool prices have dropped to 2016 levels due in part to the trade war. Anybody want to take a bet on whether mills will lower prices in the future?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Word is that wool prices have dropped to 2016 levels due in part to the trade war. Anybody want to take a bet on whether mills will lower prices in the future?
Though prices not there yet, some mills may revise prices next season.

As anybody in business can explain, cost increase is a constant. Linear increase is usually absorbed by businesses, till the point of it being manageable. When market factors bring in an exponential change in costs, they need to be passed on to the buyer. But, the change in price usually takes effect over some time.

If market conditions turn favorable, the change is used to soften the blow of the constant linear increase.
Savings, if small, are not enough to decrease pricess across board. They are then used for offering volume discounts and encouraging growth.

Here, another factor is the competition from wool mills in China. That may encourage some of the European fabric sellers to revise prices.

There a lot of articles on post-Brexit GBP impact on cross-border trade, to understand how things often work.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
@luxire What's the turnaround time for sending trousers in for replication and getting them back? I only have one good pair of suit trousers at the moment, so I wouldn't want to be without them for too long.

sweener

Reaction score
Can someone please give me advice on how I can improve the collar fit of my shirt? It's the last thing I am struggling with.

The shirt is a Semi Spread collar with default measurements and it unfortunately does not fit in my jacket properly (there is a gap between the collar and the jacket).

Attachments

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well.....

the collar size looks too large for your neck..

and it may be an issue w/ the jacket?..as svb stated...it aint the shirt

do u have other shirts that sit well w/ the jacket?

Quesjac

Reaction score
Can someone please give me advice on how I can improve the collar fit of my shirt? It's the last thing I am struggling with.

The shirt is a Semi Spread collar with default measurements and it unfortunately does not fit in my jacket properly (there is a gap between the collar and the jacket).
well.....

the collar size looks too large for your neck..

and it may be an issue w/ the jacket?..as svb stated...it aint the shirt

do u have other shirts that sit well w/ the jacket?
+1
A wider spread will look less bad (you want the collar points to reach the jacket lapels) but the issue is that the jacket does not fit.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Trying to order a Ivory colored pair of test trousers and it keeps changing it to cream in my cart. Anyone else notice this?

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
can you add space to just the 'front' knee measurement in the pattern? I have some tightness when I flex at the front of the knee, but pletny of the space in the back.

or should I add space to the calf?

joacimbylehn

Reaction score

Your jacket is at least one size to small, shirt collar is fine, unless you're unhappy with the spread of the collar points or something, but that's just a styling point.

DFWWingnut

Reaction score
Can anyone here comment on some of the button options? I've gotten mostly the default MOP buttons but am looking for something a bit larger and thinner for my shirts. Any suggestions?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not what u want Id guess...

but Ive used blk fisheye on gray sport shirts and chams......sharp

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
can you add space to just the 'front' knee measurement in the pattern? I have some tightness when I flex at the front of the knee, but pletny of the space in the back.

I have trousers (not from Luxire in this case) where the front panel is bigger than the back panel so I'm sure it's possible.
I guess it depends on where the tightness is. Pants tend to ride up when you sit down, causing tight trousers to stick to the calf and making the whole lower leg feel tight.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will recommend that you send images to our email so that we can understand the issue better and make changes accordingly.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.