• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pair them w/ sushi..or sashimi.......or tofu

I mean seriously?.......martial arts workout shirt?

Lancaster

Reaction score
pair them w/ sushi..or sashimi.......or tofu

I mean seriously?.......martial arts workout shirt?
When I first glanced at them my first thought was that luxire was making a gi. Closer inspection obviously showed the differences but that was the first thought.

JIMB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got my second pair of Luxire pants. Overall I'm quite happy with them after having worn them quite a bit, but I feel like there is still room for improvements.
Those look very good for cotton, IMHO. I think the only way you're going to improve drape in front is with wider legs, sorry. I think the slimness looks fine as-is, though, especially if you've worn them in many situations and are comfortable. Perfectly draped wool pants are often shaped by ironing, so they can follow the curves of a leg. You're not going to be able to replicate that in cotton, so you have the option of some bunching at the curves with a slim line, or making it wider to accommodate the curves. But IANAT.

These new jackets looks seriously cool. But I agree I wouldn't have a clue how to pair them :)
Here's a picture from another Styleforum affiliate.

LMendo

Reaction score
Those look very good for cotton, IMHO. I think the only way you're going to improve drape in front is with wider legs, sorry. I think the slimness looks fine as-is, though, especially if you've worn them in many situations and are comfortable. Perfectly draped wool pants are often shaped by ironing, so they can follow the curves of a leg. You're not going to be able to replicate that in cotton, so you have the option of some bunching at the curves with a slim line, or making it wider to accommodate the curves. But IANAT.
Hey, thank you very much for the feedback! Just to clarify though, the tan pants are wool, the blue ones are cotton, and I'm happier with the cotton ones (I think I worded the original post a bit weirdly).

Do you think most of the difference comes from the fact that the wool is just much less stiff than the cotton?

I have also noticed that I didn't select the "fit style slim" option for the wool pants, which I did for the cotton ones. I don't know if that matters if you provide your own measurements.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Something weird happened today! I’ve received my last order of two shirts.

I’ve asked that the shirts should be in the same style and measurements as my previous order (which was an OCBD shirt).
But, on one of the two new shirts, I asked for a different: I asked for a 8,5cm high tab collar with little spread.
After a while, Luxire came back at me with this pic:

It was fine to me, so I said ok.

Then I received...

xD

Ah god, it looks like a poor creature screaming in pain. What is that? I laughed so hard.

I get the miscommunication. They thought I wanted to add a tab on my collar. Funny thing is that they knew something was a amiss since they send me the previous pic.

Well I’m gonna wear is as a button down. Might remove the tab. Or not. Will see.

Attachments

emptym

Reaction score

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say to the Jap style jackets:

y would u wear it?.....I mean, Y??

emptym

Reaction score
Fun? Comfort, beauty, the practicality of the pockets... It's far from my style, but I like it on others. When Union Made was going out of business recently, I tried on Kapital's suede version. Looked good, but just wasn't me. If I was a rock star like John Meyer, maybe. He wears them well imo.

_coelho

Reaction score
These noragi jackets would be pretty cool in a navy seersucker or madras fabric...

classicalthunde

Reaction score
gonna take the plunge and get my first pair of pants through Luxire. I'm going to be sending a sample pair of pants for them to take the measurements from, is there any info on the current turn around time?

henaal

Reaction score
I placed my order on August 6th and DHL should deliver them today by end of day. I will comment on how well they replicated the fit and details once I receive the trousers. The only changes I requested were to increase length and half cuff slightly.

henaal

Reaction score
I am delighted to say that the trousers were replicated extremely well, both fit and details are exactly as in the pair I sent in. Based on this experience, I highly recommend this service instead of starting with measurements.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
@luxire I just ordered my first pair of pants and selected the pre-paid shipping option in the 'additional services' category in order to send over a sample garment to take the measurements off of...how do I access the shipping label in order to send out the sample pants?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.