• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One more hurrah to the sale:
Loro Piana:Solbiati pants at $199.99

Probably the best chinos available to mankind.

I remember seeing The Armoury selling pants in these for $375.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire, I added to Grandi & Rubinelli shirts from my wishlist into my cart and was in the process of checking out. When I got to the point where you add a discount code, I attempted to use "SUPERSHIRT" but keep getting the error message that my cart doesn't meet the requirements for that discount code. I emailed this morning and have not yet gotten a response. Please let me know what the problem is as I'd like to get this order in with the discount before the sale ends. Thanks.
Not all Grandi fabrics are eligible. If the coupon works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

marchello

Reaction score
I'm looking to get trousers with an elastic adjusting waistband. Would a tailor be able to take in / out the waist size?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you all.

That was an amazing sale. We enjoyed bring it to you. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Last edited:

txm22

Reaction score
@luxire is [email protected] still the best address to direct inquiries? I emailed several days ago regarding an order (#31288) and am yet to hear back. I'd like to know the status of that order (it's been 8 weeks) so that I can finalize the sizing and styling details of the orders placed during the sale.

Thanks

CDRiis

Reaction score
Thank you all.

That was an amazing sale. We enjoyed bring it to you. I hope you enjoyed it too.

It was a great sale - thank you for sharing it.

Just one small question:
Two years ago, I bought a pair of pants at a discount. They were blue. During this sale, I noticed you had blue shirts on discount and I was wondering if I could send back my two year old pants (didn't wear them much, I promise) and have them remade in a blue shirting? I'm thinking you could send back half of the difference as a gift card and possbile the other half as a Macy' voucher? Also, since you didn't offer any discounts on bags and I bought a bag from a different vendor, would you refund me the price difference between what I payed for my bag and what I think would be a good price?
Last question (seriously, I promise): I ordered pants with regular legs, but since I'm closely related to Jean Claude Van Damme, I really want my trousers to have horisontal legs instead of horizontals - is that possible?
This is obviously a lame joke - Lux, I feel your pain.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score

Just one small question:
Two years ago, I bought a pair of pants at a discount. They were blue. During this sale, I noticed you had blue shirts on discount and I was wondering if I could send back my two year old pants (didn't wear them much, I promise) and have them remade in a blue shirting? I'm thinking you could send back half of the difference as a gift card and possbile the other half as a Macy' voucher? Also, since you didn't offer any discounts on bags and I bought a bag from a different vendor, would you refund me the price difference between what I payed for my bag and what I think would be a good price?
Last question (seriously, I promise): I ordered pants with regular legs, but since I'm closely related to Jean Claude Van Damme, I really want me trousers to have horisontal legs - is that possible?

What.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just one small question:
Last question (seriously, I promise): I ordered pants with regular legs, but since I'm closely related to Jean Claude Van Damme, I really want my trousers to have horisontal legs instead of horizontals - is that possible?

I worked retail in college. Once had a woman ask if she could return trousers because she lost weight. People are crazy. The above could actually be real....

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just one small question:

:rotflmao::rotflmao:
Thanks!
If not for the word Macy's there, I would have probably replied in all seriousness :)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I worked retail in college. Once had a woman ask if she could return trousers because she lost weight. People are crazy. The above could actually be real....
Truth is stranger than fiction.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire is [email protected] still the best address to direct inquiries? I emailed several days ago regarding an order (#31288) and am yet to hear back. I'd like to know the status of that order (it's been 8 weeks) so that I can finalize the sizing and styling details of the orders placed during the sale.

Thanks
You have the right contact details. We have a bit of email delays going on currently, due to some sudden attrition in the Customer support team. Temporary issue, will be solved soon.

star656

Reaction score
Hello all, just received my first jacket commission from the team at Luxire. I'd love to know your thoughts before another order.

I requested a duplication of the blue jacket (hopsack but slightly heavier than the fresco) in Minnis fresco 8/9 oz. Both are unlined and unstructured so flaws would show very easily. Changes: Slight increase in lapel width, slight increase in length, open waist, Luxire suggested changing collar to account for more erect posture.

IMG_20180621_190847.jpg IMG_20180621_190914.jpg IMG_20180621_190936.jpg

Below is the finished product. Fit and finish are excellent. Please excuse the picture quality, it is the best I can do (I lightened the pictures since the jacket appears dark).
Comments:
1. Shoulders are bigger on the Luxire jacket. I measured and point to point is approximately 0.5" wider. The shoulder feels more roomy (especially at the front) and more comfortable. I would probably reduce the shoulder still in the future, especially with a slightly padded structure on a business suit.
2. Waist seems fine, I may have lost a smidge of weight. Obviously less fitted than the blue jacket.
3. Suggestions on smoothing out back?
4. Collar gap at back is ok when standing very erect but not so good with the slightest slouch. I see the roll below the collar has been eliminated with this adjustment, but I will ask to have the collar moved forward a bit.
5. Roll along collar from neck towards chest (along lapel). More pronounced on right side. I suspect this is a manifestation of the lightweight fabric and lack of lining along with my build (shoulder droops a bit). All other jackets have some kind of issue here, but this seems a bit more dramatic.
6. I had requested a 3.25" lapel, somehow this became 4.25"...so much wider than I anticipated. 1127181738.jpg 1127181745a.jpg 1127181750.jpg 1127181751.jpg 1127181751a.jpg 1127181752.jpg 1127181752a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads