• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Idk if it's the shoulder slope or just the collar not being buttoned. Do you have one with it being buttoned

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Hey, I got so involved in my blistering critique of modern society that I forgot my original question, namely: what's the test pant navy twill like? I can only see it's a twill. I'm hoping it's lightweight—kind of assuming, as I think that would be the cheaper twill. Like, poplin lightweight? Maybe?

Any insights/descriptions/photos?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First soak (just the top shirt) - 40 minutes, 1/4 cup to 1 gallon

HvSRCec.jpg

NNnbrvX.jpg

End result:

Before (left) and after two soaks; hard to photograph with different light, but to give you an idea:

9k4ZaST.jpg

UmgWQ8i.jpg

UfVJggt.jpg

I think I'll wear it now. :)

emptym

Reaction score
Looks great. You might try when ironing the collar of a thin, unlined or unfused shirt to start from the collar fronts. (Of course, you prob know this and just chosen not to care for such casual shirts.)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care too much, for any shirt :), but I have tried different ironing techniques to try and get a better result. Most of the times I end up with something like the above, though... Can you explain a bit more?

emptym

Reaction score
No prob. Usually the slight wrinkles seen in the top right photo, the ones at the edges of the collar, are caused by ironging from the middle to the outside or from one side to the other. To avoid them it's best to iron from collar points and the nearby edges inward or to the center. I usually iron the underside of the collar and that avoids the whole thing, but sometimes I need to touch up the points, which I do by ironing from the tips in. This can be a pain, which is why light fusing can be a good idea, particularly for shirts that you need to be really crisp and are made of light and/or loose weaves. A good oxford shouldn't have this problem.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Hm, I usually start at the points, never in the middle (perhaps I've read your tips before). It probably has to do with my lack of patience, or skills... I like to iron quick and with lots of steam. :)

emptym

Reaction score
Sounds good. You might try ironing the underside of the collar. Another adv. of it is that it helps prevent setting any minerals around the collar that may have remained, even if not visible. As you prob know, ironing those more or less visible minerals is a big cause of ring around the collar.

Usually I don't iron casual linen shirts at all. After all shirts come out of the wash, I just give them a good shake and then pull tight the collar at the points, the collar band, the two fronts and the sleeves. Sometimes also the chest and yoke horizontally. That gets out a lot of wrinkles, enough that I don't then iron really casual ones, the kind I generally don't tuck.

Last edited:

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score

Has anyone figured out how to fix the excess fabric behind the shoulder issue? I tried the shoulder slope adjustments to no avail. Actually made the problem worse. Also tried shrinking the armhole, didn't work either. I have plenty of shirts without this issue and tried mailing one in, which also didn't work. This leads me to believe that Luxire's standard pattern has something weird going on in the back/yoke/shoulder area.

Do you have a forward leaning neck?

As others have said, photos will help members make recommendations. But really, just send fit questions and photos directly to Luxire. Their team will know what adjustments to make to your shirt pattern.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads