• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Thrifter

Reaction score
Should work, just be mindful of shrinkage.

eastvillager

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to fix the excess fabric behind the shoulder issue? I tried the shoulder slope adjustments to no avail. Actually made the problem worse. Also tried shrinking the armhole, didn't work either. I have plenty of shirts without this issue and tried mailing one in, which also didn't work. This leads me to believe that Luxire's standard pattern has something weird going on in the back/yoke/shoulder area.

As a last ditch effort I might try taking one of my shirts to a good tailor locally and getting his corrections to the pattern. But if that doesn't work I will have to go with a different shirtmaker.

Luxire - a bunch of people have this problem, would love some help with it.

GuP

Reaction score
Anyone care to post pics of the linen shirts they have received? I want to order a few, but the coloring on the site is not accurate. Home pics bring about the true color I have noticed.

emptym

Reaction score
... Yep, I prefer the thin ones for all hidden buttons, i.e. fly and cuffs. Although, usually I just get zippered fly and non-buttoning cuffs.
Quote:
I've used Ritt dye remover and regular bleach, once each, both to good effect. One had white stitching, so I turned the shirt white w/ the dye remover. The other had blue stitching, so I used a little bleach, soaked for a short period. I thought it'd be strange to have a white shirt w/ blue stitching, but it'd look good on a faded blue. No pic of the dye-removed one since it's just white, but the bleached one looks good, imo, like a shirt worn on the coast and faded by sun and sand:

I end up wearing it all the time now on the weekend. Maybe 1/4 cup bleach in 1 gallon of water for 20-30 mins. Don't forget to wet the shirt thoroughly before immersing it in the mixture of water and bleach, for more uniform results.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the NOBDII Collar? Came out great. I also like the green one and agree, much more saturated color than the site image suggests
Yep. I think it has become my OneCollar.
I've used Ritt dye remover and regular bleach, once each, both to good effect. One had white stitching, so I turned the shirt white w/ the dye remover. The other had blue stitching, so I used a little bleach, soaked for a short period. I thought it'd be strange to have a white shirt w/ blue stitching, but it'd look good on a faded blue. No pic of the dye-removed one since it's just white, but the bleached one looks good, imo, like a shirt worn on the coast and faded by sun and sand: I end up wearing it all the time now on the weekend. Maybe 1/4 cup bleach in 1 gallon of water for 20-30 mins. Don't forget to wet the shirt thoroughly before immersing it in the mixture of water and bleach, for more uniform results.
I like that! The faded-by-sun-and-sand look is what I want. Was it the same fabric? I'm going to try the bleach method. Thanks, emptym. Cups and gallons... you people. :)

emptym

Reaction score
Oops, I thought I'd linked to the fabric. This sky blue linen/cotton, which was too saturated for my taste too.

I used to be good in liters and ml, but those days are passed.

Which buttons were used on this order, NOBD?

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oops, I thought I'd linked to the fabric.  This sky blue linen/cotton, which was too saturated for my taste too.

I used to be good in liters and ml, but those days are passed.  

Which buttons were used on this order, NOBD?

Thanks. I'll try it anyway. I'll do a test with half of the reference material. : )

60 ml to 4 liters, if I looked it up correctly.

Buttons: premium.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you know: my measuring jug does cups :)

Oi7qSkD.jpg

Test in progress

Pa3XhYQ.jpg

Edit: spoilered the pics; they were rather large.

Test result (left is the soaked fabric; maybe still a tiny bit moist)

PrUilIq.jpg

And bucket time

DGh0dVk.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads