• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joewmoss

Reaction score
Welcome to the "sometimes it's hard to get an email response from Luxire" club. I am in the same boat in the sense that I haven't heard back from them in a more than a week about an inquiry. I bet they are busy, since my previous experiences vis-a-vis communication were all very good with relatively short turnaround. In their defense I had an email conversation with Theresa on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago, and that tells me that they were probably quite busy at the time and using the weekend to catch up. She answered several of my emails that morning with answers to all my questions.
I'll throw this theory out there and see what people think: Re-Work of orders is likely to have a significant impact on their capacity and completion times. I worked in manufacturing for over a decade and I can tell you that re-work is a capacity/capital/resource killer. It would explain the variation in turnaround times at different timeframes.

ErikMil

Reaction score
Hey joewmoss,

jepp, that might explain how sometimes in general turnover times are longer
However, I don't think it explains entirely the very different time frames some member experience while ordering more or less at the same date, or even the much longer completion by member ordering even earlier (for example MattR and Amontillado). Or did you mean that re-work/adjustments in general take longer (I never worked in production, so not too much experience here on that subject)?

But as long as the product is great, I can live with a longer completion time.
I would just liked to be informed somehow. :)

Cheers, Erik

Btw.: I will be in San Diego a couple of days end of next week. Anything I should visit apart from the aircraft carrier and zoo? :)

theclipper

Reaction score

I think much of the creasing of that type is caused by the angle at which the sleeves are attached to the shirt.  I have one Luxire shirt and the sleeves are attached pretty much at a right angle.  If you hold your arms out like a T the shoulders should stay in place.  The drawback is when you keep you arms at your side, the fabric around the armpit has to wrinkle.  If they attach the sleeves at an angle, the shoulders will buckle rise upward when your hold your arms out like a T, but it will look cleaner when you have your arms at your side.  Additionally, it sometimes causes tightness around the chest when you lift your arms.  I imagine everyone has an optimal angle.  I'm not sure what mine is yet.  

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. Do you have any suggestion as to finding the optimal angle? I actually instructed Luxire to rotate the sleeves on that shirt as per Theresa but it didn't seem to help. Either that, or they just missed the little note at the end of the order with those instructions.

Last edited:

Amontilado

Reaction score
Hey joewmoss,

However, I don't think it explains entirely the very different time frames some member experience while ordering more or less at the same date, or even the much longer completion by member ordering even earlier (for example MattR and Amontillado). Or did you mean that re-work/adjustments in general take longer (I never worked in production, so not too much experience here on that subject)?

Cheers, Erik

Btw.: I will be in San Diego a couple of days end of next week. Anything I should visit apart from the aircraft carrier and zoo? :)

It's my first order, thus it might take longer. But considering they only charged the money from my credit card last week it seems that they started to work on the order only last week..

joewmoss

Reaction score
Hey joewmoss,

Cheers, Erik

Gaslamp District downtown SD, Coronado Island, Balboa park, Prospect St. La Jolla and Torrey Pines trail wihch is not too far from where I live.

ErikMil

Reaction score

Had to get my Luxire pants tailored locally, but I like the result:
Hello Kayhill, Nice trousers, great color. A bit too short for me, but that's individual taste. One thing though, not related to the trouser but the t-shirt. You might consider wearing a light grey t-shirt under this particular white shirt to avoid it showing through the fabric. Cheers, Erik

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, while I wait to get Luxire's input, I thought I'd ask for input from the folks here.

I ordered a pair of pants in copper chino recently as a test pair before ordering a bunch of flannels. I love them. However, they are not hanging cleanly, particularly in the back. Need to figure out what to tweak with Luxire.

My first thought is lowering the back rise, probably by a full inch. Other thoughts?

Apologies for the wrinkles, etc, these are just out of the box. They fit quite well aside from the hanging issue in the back, though I will probably make the flannel ones a tad wider through the leg.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am posting there as well, just wanted to see if there was anything folks here might have to say about it--I believe a couple of others have had similar issues.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I meant to read up a page or two on the tailors thread. I believe two others there have posted with similar issue recently. But it sounds like it's hips forward issue and flat seat which I think makes it worse. I have a bit of hips forward stance, but a prominent seat so it's not as bad.

table21

Reaction score
Not sure if something is up with luxire's email, I have not received a shipping notification however 1 of my shirts has already made its way to me.

kayhill

Reaction score
Hello Kayhill,

Nice trousers, great color. A bit too short for me, but that's individual taste.

One thing though, not related to the trouser but the t-shirt. You might consider wearing a light grey t-shirt under this particular white shirt to avoid it showing through the fabric.

Cheers,

Erik

Thanks Eric.

I will give that a try, though the shirt is a cotton linen blend and fairly see-through.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads