• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mattcritchlow

Reaction score

joewmoss

Reaction score

I e-mailed Theresa about this, so I'm sure it will be resolved ASAP as Luxire always has done, however, curious if anyone has had the same issue.

Just ordered an Oxford ( the fabric is one of the nicer oxfords Ive held, http://custom.luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/red-university-stripes-oxford) and the measurements came out nearly 1.5x what they were on my previous order.
I've had some less extreme issues revolving around my measurements not being followed and they tend error to the larger side. It wasn't enough to warrant sending the items back. Only with shirts, not pants. I just put in an order for the red university oxford too because it's somewhat unique.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Body measurement option now available for pants:

Luxre_Pants_Body_Measurements.jpg

Xtra

Reaction score
Are there any special considerations I should make when ordering the peacoat? It looks like the measurements they ask for are the same as for a shirt, but I just wonder if due to the double-breasted nature of the peacoat that it might not be adequate.

Anyone got any ideas?

+1. Do you think you'll base it off an existing shirt or an existing similar jacket?

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had some less extreme issues revolving around my measurements not being followed and they tend error to the larger side. It wasn't enough to warrant sending the items back. Only with shirts, not pants. I just put in an order for the red university oxford too because it's somewhat unique.

Yeah, really nice fabric. I recommend it to all.
Too many things on the shirt are off to make tailoring possible, but Luxire has always been great with service. Will be interested in what they suggest.

Edit: Theresa already got back to me to say it will be remade as there was a mistake in the order sheet number. This is why most of my shirts are now Luxire.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I might have to give that red university stripes oxford a try on my next order, looks very nice. My blue pinpoint oxford is being remade now, so hopefully I'll have that by next week to assess the fit and then place a big order.

Is the blue university stripes oxford sold out again? I remember that selling out a few months ago and then getting restocked, but it looks like it's gone again. Any chance for another restock on that fabric?

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I might have to give that red university stripes oxford a try on my next order, looks very nice. My blue pinpoint oxford is being remade now, so hopefully I'll have that by next week to assess the fit and then place a big order.
What's the difference between normal oxford, pinpoint oxford and royal oxford? Normal oxford is usually more casual and it is quite soft. How is pinpoint and royal then?

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Interesting approach. Which HK tailors have you been using for this? thx

I'm interested in which HK tailor you are using as well as I have dealt with several. Based on my experience, it's pretty tough to get decent CMT for less than HK$4000, so your number don't quite add up based on my experience at least.

I use NK Fashion. Once you get your model right with them (copy only as far as I'm concerned), then they do a very good job. The fully canvassed suits I have from them are very satisfactory. To be frank, there's always one thing a bit off like how fitted the jacket the is or a sleeve that is slightly too long whereas I didn't change the model but it costs me a maximum of 70 USD to have it fixed at home (I don't send it back, it's too annoying).

I think the official price they offer is EUR 350 for a CMT (Cut Make Trim) suit

leftcoast

Reaction score
Are there any special considerations I should make when ordering the peacoat? It looks like the measurements they ask for are the same as for a shirt, but I just wonder if due to the double-breasted nature of the peacoat that it might not be adequate.

Anyone got any ideas?

I asked Theresa a couple of weeks ago about how to translate body and/or shirt measurements into appropriate peacoat measurements. Here is the reply she gave, relative to body measurements:

1. The yoke would remain the same, as would be for a jacket or even for a shirt. This is an easy measurement.
2. Sleeve length: This is easy too. Measured from the top of shoulder to about an inch below the wrist.
3. Back length: This is measured from the base of the neck at the back to the parallel point at the back where the zip would begin at the front.
4. The armhole and biceps are wider on a jacket as compared to a shirt. You can thus measure the circumference of the biceps on the body and add 7.0" to it. It may sound excessive but is not. We adjust the armhole accordingly.
5. The body: The chest, waist, bottom: Should add 6.0" to the chest, waist and bottom. This will also account for a thin sweater inside.
6. Neck: Your usual shirt neck measurement. Used to make the coat fit right in that area.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the difference between normal oxford, pinpoint oxford and royal oxford? Normal oxford is usually more casual and it is quite soft. How is pinpoint and royal then?

I'm certainly no expert on fabrics, so someone with more knowledge could probably give a better answer here...the standard oxford is typically the most casual, and may have a coarser feel than the others. Royal oxfords usually look a bit dressier than regular oxfords, and can have a bit of sheen to them. Pinpoint seems to be somewhere in the middle, but it definitely doesn't have the same kind of sheen that a royal oxford has.

joewmoss

Reaction score
I asked Theresa a couple of weeks ago about how to translate body and/or shirt measurements into appropriate peacoat measurements. Here is the reply she gave, relative to body measurements:

1. The yoke would remain the same, as would be for a jacket or even for a shirt. This is an easy measurement.
2. Sleeve length: This is easy too. Measured from the top of shoulder to about an inch below the wrist.
3. Back length: This is measured from the base of the neck at the back to the parallel point at the back where the zip would begin at the front.
4. The armhole and biceps are wider on a jacket as compared to a shirt. You can thus measure the circumference of the biceps on the body and add 7.0" to it. It may sound excessive but is not. We adjust the armhole accordingly.
5. The body: The chest, waist, bottom: Should add 6.0" to the chest, waist and bottom. This will also account for a thin sweater inside.
6. Neck: Your usual shirt neck measurement. Used to make the coat fit right in that area.
I wonder if these conversion steps could be used for a suit jacket / blazer? Luxire / Theresa?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having trouble getting in touch with Luxire. They made a number of mistake on the measurements on my shirts and I had to send them back.

The sales rep, Theresa, said she would personally measure my shirt to see what went wrong, but she never emailed me back. That's was two weeks ago

Has anyone heard from her?

Last edited:

topos

Reaction score
Having trouble getting in touch with Luxire. They made a number of mistake on the measurements on my shirts and I had to send them back.

The sales rep, Theresa, said she would personally measure my shirt to see what went wrong, but she never emailed me back. That's was two weeks ago

Has anyone heard from her?
Welcome to the "sometimes it's hard to get an email response from Luxire" club. I am in the same boat in the sense that I haven't heard back from them in a more than a week about an inquiry. I bet they are busy, since my previous experiences vis-a-vis communication were all very good with relatively short turnaround. In their defense I had an email conversation with Theresa on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago, and that tells me that they were probably quite busy at the time and using the weekend to catch up. She answered several of my emails that morning with answers to all my questions.

jko

Reaction score
Re darts, I forgot to specify them on a recent Luxire order and to my surprise I couldn't really tell a difference. I have a 10 inch drop. The back panel on a shirt with darts is the same width as the one without. Not sure if this is manufacturer specific though, maybe Luxire has their own special way of cutting the back. I still need side pleats on the upper back though.

Garasaki

Reaction score
So whats the scoop on ordering swatches? Is there a cost to that? Is there a place to do it through the website?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads