• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ohhhh never thought about specifying pocket depth. One of my biggest pet peeves with pants is they all seem to have too shallow of pockets for my taste.

This is perhaps one of those things that are so small but make me so happy - when I started buying more expensive trousers, they started coming with pockets that could actually fit ****.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Collar: Custom Collar as in image http://abedef/123456 with 1.75" neckband height, 3.25" points, 5.5" spread

(bold emphasis mine)

I was wondering how to specify a particular spread; in the end I didn't. I'll have to do it using in this notation in my next order, once I receive my first order (hopefully fairly soon). May I assume this measurement is done horizontally across from collar point to point?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there anyway to specify that you have slight sloping shoulders or that your shoulders lean forward?

Meaning can luxire change the shirt to accommodate for that without you specifically saying: 'add .25 to shoulder width, +.25 to yoke, etc'

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
(bold emphasis mine)

I was wondering how to specify a particular spread; in the end I didn't. I'll have to do it using in this notation in my next order, once I receive my first order (hopefully fairly soon). May I assume this measurement is done horizontally across from collar point to point?

Yes, measured horizontally from point to point.

Quote:

Yes, you can add these details to the notes. We adjust the pattern accordingly.

Last edited:

scrolls

Reaction score
I'd send some pictures to Luxire and see what they recommend. I was having shoulder/armhole issues and after they saw some pictures they told me to specify a straighter armhole cut and a 0.25" shoulder slope increase on future shirts (which worked btw). So yes, they can accommodate sloping shoulders, but unless you specifically know your slope or whatever you're probably better off just asking them.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there anyway to specify that you have slight sloping shoulders or that your shoulders lean forward?

Meaning can luxire change the shirt to accommodate for that without you specifically saying: 'add .25 to shoulder width, +.25 to yoke, etc'

They already answered, but I contacted Theresa and send some pics of my shirt, she told me to indicate in the note to curve the shoulder seam towards the chest 0.5" and that will be fixed. Haven't ordered my other shirt yet, I'm waiting for my trousers, but definitely will add that to the notes next time.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They already answered, but I contacted Theresa and send some pics of my shirt, she told me to indicate in the note to curve the shoulder seam towards the chest 0.5" and that will be fixed. Haven't ordered my other shirt yet, I'm waiting for my trousers, but definitely will add that to the notes next time.
What trousers did you get again?

I've got 12 trousers, two are Luxire with one fitting perfect. Another on the way. After getting a perfect fitting pair, I may have to double my trouser inventory after a while. But, priorities. Something fun next.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What trousers did you get again?

I've got 12 trousers, two are Luxire with one fitting perfect. Another on the way. After getting a perfect fitting pair, I may have to double my trouser inventory after a while. But, priorities. Something fun next.

This one, the green chino. I want to see how they turn out, I really didn't have a trouser that fitted nicely. On the weekend I bought one that could work, but seems that I exagerated a bit the measurements
lol8[1].gif
. I hope to work that with my tailor and then get one with the propper measurements.
biggrin.gif

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one, the green chino. I want to see how they turn out, I really didn't have a trouser that fitted nicely. On the weekend I bought one that could work, but seems that I exagerated a bit the measurements
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
. I hope to work that with my tailor and then get one with the propper measurements.
biggrin.gif
Nice. I have no chinos. I should probably start looking at casual wear. I have boot-cut jeans from before SF... :-X

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score

I requested this with my order, citing 'forward-stooping' shoulders and referring them to this post on A Suitable Wardrobe.

This is a problem specific to our generation who spend too much time on computers, slouching and reaching forward to type. Even on the best fitting shirts I own I always get that diagonal wrinkle from collarbone to underarm. At first I thought I simply had sloping shoulders, but that's not the case. My shoulders are straight but lean too far forwards. If I pull my shoulders back, the wrinkle goes away.

If Luxire manage to tackle this, I'll have all the more faith in their work.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, my chest is stronger than my back shoulder muscles, and my shoulders slope forward slightly, my shirt fits fine when I push them back (no wrinkles), I just have to adjust for that posture difference

Thanks guys

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score

I have a suit from Luxire. Fit and review will come when I get around to it. See spoiler picture for a quick picture of the cloth. I am happy with the outcome. I sent an existing MTM suit to replicate, with some adjustments. I would advise against solely providing measurements based on an existing garment. There are too many variables. This isn't specific to Luxire, this is specific to any online MTM suit. There are significant cost savings on offer from Luxire, but I believe the value proposition is diluted by the absence of a trained fitter to assist through the process. You must open communication with Luxire before going any further. Tips: Be patient - If you are in a rush, this may not be for you. My suit took about four months, however, I was recently told suits can be done in significantly less time. Temper expectations - be honest with what you are buying; a low cost garment from an inexperienced suit producer. Do not expect standards that you might be used to from more expensive, more experienced tailoring houses. Inevitably there will be something that is not perfect (be it fit, construction or execution) and if you cannot accept this upfront, you may be disappointed. Be specific - Set out all details clearly on spec sheet - I used a table format. The easier you make it for Luxire, the higher your chances of everything going to plan. Hidden costs - Budget for either local tailoring and/or paying the return shipping to have amendments made. Luxire have started considering "all-in" packages that include a return postage label to cover the first round of alterations. Discuss this with them. Provide a garment - Send them a suit/jacket to use as a template. Shirts are generally more forgiving than jackets, so if shirts take a few iterations to get right, you should expect the same for jackets.
Suit: Luxire Minnis Fresco 0501 Shirt: Luxire lustrous fine white Tie: Hober midnight blue, 7-fold, unlined, piccola grenadine
Thanks for the info and advice. Have you got a chance to get a quick full body shot in the suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads