• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beatlegeuse, fantastic fit.
I would definitely not change all too much about it!
Do you like to wear your cuffs loose?
Got all my shirts so far with rather tight cuffs, maybe I should try loose ones once as well.

Yeah I guess they are kinda on the looser end of the spectrum. I don't like shirt cuffs to be too tight, and I leave room for a watch. My older MTM shirts had tighter cuffs and they would drive me nuts because they were always getting caught on my watch.

But...

I hate pleats. 

:censored:

I don't mind them as much as I used to, and I really like the extra flexibility they give you. I like slim-ish shirts but don't want to have any movement restricted.

That looks very nice, Beatlegeuse! 

Thanks man!

Last edited:

smoothmoose

Reaction score

But...

I hate pleats. 

:censored:

My fiance likes my pants skin tight around the seat as much as I like it on her. The only problem is wool trousers would rip apart when I sit down. Thank goodness for Lululemon and spandex. At least I can benefit from the view from behind... and i have not succumbed to the Lululemon men's collection yet.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind them as much as I used to, and I really like the extra flexibility they give you. I like slim-ish shirts but don't want to have any movement restricted.
I have an idea.

Getting shirred yoke and shoulders on my next two shirts that I'm ordering Friday. I'll try that out. I like the look, like on Finamore shirts. And it could give some extra room. Maybe.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fiance likes my pants skin tight around the seat as much as I like it on her. The only problem is wool trousers would rip apart when I sit down. Thank goodness for Lululemon and spandex. At least I can benefit from the view from behind... and i have not succumbed to the Lululemon men's collection yet.

Dude?

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I have an idea.

Getting shirred yoke and shoulders on my next two shirts that I'm ordering Friday. I'll try that out. I like the look, like on Finamore shirts. And it could give some extra room. Maybe.

Interesting idea. Again I like the shirred look on my fiance and lady friends. Would be interesting on a shirt, especially a patterned fabric. I would think it would lead to a more casual look on a shirt.

emptym

Reaction score

Are you aware that you have two of the same shirt?
smile.gif
I have that fabric (4th and 5th from the left), and it is one of my favourites.
Oops. Missed this post a while back. Yep, one's a BD and one's a spread collar. It's a great fabric.
I'm usually against the whole bathroom selfie thing, but this is the best I could do for today - here's my first Luxire shirt, the sky blue summer chambray. It turned out pretty close to how I wanted it. Sleeves may look slightly short in the pic, but like I said in my review a week or so ago, it's mainly due to the upper back (right below the yoke), being a little too small, so it pulls when I hang my arms down or reach forward, which makes the sleeve ride up a little bit. I requested that to be changed on my next shirt, so hopefully I'll see an improvement in that area.
It could be that, but my bet is that you just need to lengthen the sleeves and tighten the cuffs. Sleeves ride up, so they're traditionally made long enough to extend a couple inches below your wrist when the cuff is unbuttoned. Then a nice snug cuff will keep the sleeve from dropping over your hands, when buttoned.
Yeah I guess they are kinda on the looser end of the spectrum. I don't like shirt cuffs to be too tight, and I leave room for a watch. My older MTM shirts had tighter cuffs and they would drive me nuts because they were always getting caught on my watch. I don't mind them as much as I used to, and I really like the extra flexibility they give you. I like slim-ish shirts but don't want to have any movement restricted. Thanks man!
I just specify 1/4-1/2" wider cuff on the side I wear a watch.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Not yet, sorry. However, I don't think fit is necessarily the best measure to judge luxire on. They can only work with what they have been provided with, be it measurements or another item, and have little influence on how the piece sits on your body.

They did a great job of replicating the fit of the piece I provided them with. If you plan on doing the same, I think you can have confidence in their ability in this regard.
+1

In my experience, fit advice from luxire has been very good and has helped shirts to improve with each new order.

That's good to hear. I was planning on sending in my dinner jacket which fits me quite well and making adjustments from there (-0.5" shoulder, raise button stance 1", etc). In terms of quality, what would you compare your suit to? Suitsupply is my current go to for inexpensive suits. Would you say it's comparable?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It could be that, but my bet is that you just need to lengthen the sleeves and tighten the cuffs. Sleeves ride up, so they're traditionally made long enough to extend a couple inches below your wrist when the cuff is unbuttoned. Then a nice snug cuff will keep the sleeve from dropping over your hands, when buttoned.
Agreed. Beatle -

The sleeve should be able to reach the second knuckle on your thumb (right to the webbing) when unbuttoned. Then, you need to make it tight enough to where the sleeve hits the first knuckle (or, when you spread your hands all the way out, it stops at the base of your thumb) when it drapes down. I had trouble before that was pointed out. Therese told me she thinks the length is good, the cuff needed tightening half an inch. It's perfect now.

I would ignore the text on the second image, that shows your shirt sleeve should be measured from your jacket sleeve. Your shirt sleeve falls where the base is, as shown, then you can show as much as you want. I do 1/4 cuff showing. More casual.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Due to some technical issues with our primary mail system, reply to emails are slower than usual. Please bear with us while we bring them back on track.

Has not affected the processing of orders though.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could add shirring/gathers to the back?
Go to Luxires site and look at 'Vintage Shirt' on the top. I'm getting those shirrings probably. Maybe lighter if possible.
Due to some technical issues with our primary mail system, reply to emails are slower than usual. Please bear with us while we bring them back on track.

Has not affected the processing of orders though.
I finally did it. I finally broke the system with all my delayed requests.

facepalm.gif

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Empty & jester - thanks for the suggestion...what would you recommend I change on my next order for sleeve and cuff? The one pictured is sleeve - 26.25" and cuff - 8.75". Maybe go up to 27" for the sleeve and tighten the cuff to 8.5"? I'm actually waiting to see what the sleeve looks like on my next shirt with the updated upper back measurement too.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Empty & jester - thanks for the suggestion...what would you recommend I change on my next order for sleeve and cuff? The one pictured is sleeve - 26.25" and cuff - 8.75". Maybe go up to 27" for the sleeve and tighten the cuff to 8.5"? I'm actually waiting to see what the sleeve looks like on my next shirt with the updated upper back measurement too.
Definitely wait for that. But then, after that - just do the following:

Have someone measure, or you measure with some good pictures, the difference between the end of the cuff (unbuttoned) and the webbing by your thumb. Add that to the sleeve measurement. Then, if you have some pins, pin the cuff until it falls right to the first knuckle in your thumb naturally. Then measure accordingly. This is what I did and all my shirts are perfect in the sleeves now. Thankfully, if the cuff is ever too big, it's like a $5 job for a tailor to relocate it in for you. I had them do this to a few of mine.

I've given up guessing measurements with Luxire. I'm really bad at it. Hence why I pinned the hell out of those pants they sent me. It worked. But if I won't guess for me, I won't guess for you. But it LOOKS to be more than .75" that it may need to be extended. But you need to measure on your own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads