• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Ok, but VAT was already taken care of by Luxire or will it be taken care of by shipping company later? My last order from .com was hit with VAT charges handled by shipping company, but they took no service fee I believe - only VAT amount. Don't remember which one that was - DHL, Fedex or UPS.

This also makes pricing quite weird, at least for now. Currently 1 USD = ~0,85 EUR (0,8488). Took products from my wishlist:
E Thomas Navy Cavalry Twill - 199,99 USD (.com) vs. 199,99 EUR (.de).
Warzone White Oxford - 99,99 USD vs. 99,99 EUR.

If we need to add VAT to both, then it's probably still better to order from .com - at least if you don't plan on doing any returns.

or look for some other company... according to this you get +15% price + 20% tax (that normally is a gamble on whether you will pay it)

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Well this is a dissapointment. I thought this would make it cheaper, or atleast roughly the same price but somehow it's about 15% more expensive.

Scarlatti

Reaction score
Don't know about other EU countries, but in Germany you must pay duties (I think around 7-9%) on top of VAT if your goods exceed 150€. And you have to pay an additional fee to DHL that's around 14€. So, in case you're above 150€, up to a certain point, you might actually be better off ordering at luxire.de*.

* Quick example: you order two chinos at 89.99€ from luxire.com. The total amount you pay is 1.19 x (2 x 89.99€) x 1.09 + 14€. That's around 247€. If you order these two chinos on luxire.de for 99.99€ each, you pay only VAT. That's 238€.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On the new .de site, there's still the "+Vat and import levies billed by carrier" note. Is that left from website preparation and prices on .de site already include VAT? There should be no import duties when sending from Germany to other EU countries.
That was left there by error and is now corrected. You pay VAT at checkout. That is all.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well this is a dissapointment. I thought this would make it cheaper, or atleast roughly the same price but somehow it's about 15% more expensive.
That does not sound correct

Ok, but VAT was already taken care of by Luxire or will it be taken care of by shipping company later? My last order from .com was hit with VAT charges handled by shipping company, but they took no service fee I believe - only VAT amount. Don't remember which one that was - DHL, Fedex or UPS.

This also makes pricing quite weird, at least for now. Currently 1 USD = ~0,85 EUR (0,8488). Took products from my wishlist:
E Thomas Navy Cavalry Twill - 199,99 USD (.com) vs. 199,99 EUR (.de).
Warzone White Oxford - 99,99 USD vs. 99,99 EUR.

If we need to add VAT to both, then it's probably still better to order from .com - at least if you don't plan on doing any returns.

Earlier, you would pay $100 for an item then 19% vat, 10% import duty and about $20 to DHL, total about $152
Now, it is 100 Euros plus 19% vat = 119 Euros
Plus, you get the whole integrated online+offline experience.

Last edited:

Daraven

Reaction score
That does not sound correct

Earlier, you would pay $100 for an item then 19% vat, 10% import duty and about $20 to DHL, total about $152
So, now tell us about the offline experience :bounce2:Munich right?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, now tell us about the offline experience :bounce2:Munich right?
Yes, Munich it is.
As per the plan,
In July, we will start operating our warehouse. We will be stocking ready-to-wear clothing, shoes and swatches there. They will be quickly shipped to customers around EU and anything can be sent back quickly, easily, at low cost.
Sometime later, possibly in September, we will be opening our first store. Customers can visit for ordering stuff, getting measurements done, seeing and feeling fabrics, discussing fit or to turn ideas into reality.
We will then take it forward from there...

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
A "saving" of $10. Conversely, Luxire enjoys an increased margin of $15 owing to nothing more than the customer's geographical location. Surely, $100 (i.e. 85 EUR) plus 19 % VAT would be even better? The fact that heavier taxes, duties and whatnot are levied upon Europeans is frankly put a laughable rationale for what amounts to nothing more than a discriminatory price hike flowing straight down to Luxire's bottom line.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It will make a wonderful discussion with knowledgeable people, but, it is not a lot of fun banging head with people who don't understand much.

The import duty that you save is still paid by someone. That DHL fees you save is still paid by someone. That someone is Luxire. There is added cost of operating an enterprise in Europe, which is probably the most expensive place in the world to do business.

Do some homework and come to discuss logic. You will enjoy it, we will enjoy it and everyone else will benefit.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire what is the approx time for making a pair of jeans and a polo shirt if I sent something in to replicate?
3-4 business days after we receive the samples.
Everything is very quick now.

Ramblin

Reaction score
Anyone have favorite casual spring / summer pant fabrics? Just received a pair in the linen-cotton blend denim and it is fantastic, looking to see what else might be a good addition for warmer weather.

Also super impressed with Luxire's turnaround time and CS. Was just seven days from order to delivery in the US and that's with me needing to make modifications after ordering (which were handled without issue)

Herk

Reaction score
Hi!

Just want to check, just to make sure. In December I bought a gift card in USD. Now I read in this thread that as an EU customer I'll only be able to us e the EU-store. Will I be able to use my USD gift card in the EU store?

Best regards,
Herk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads