1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Ow snap... :lurk:

3 people like this.
  2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thank you!

3. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

To be fair, the photograph of the white shirt shows the yoke's midline measurement to be just over 9". To me it makes sense that Luxire reads this to mean that the yoke's measurement is approximately 18.5" (but noting that some shrinkage may have occurred and taking ironing issues into account).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

1 person likes this.
  5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Just received these:

1x White Fresco "Madapolam" Chambray

1x Pale Pink Dress Stripes Oxford

No more NOBD collar, I used the 1738 with no fusing or lining on both, with a french placket. Both are fantastic shirts. It took me a long time to find a shade of pink that I like. I wore it yesterday to an event but don't have the pictures yet.

The white fresco (wearing now, with jeans [breaking SF rules! OH NO!] and will take a picture later) looks a lot like linen, feels like it too. Nowhere near as wrinkly. I'd almost believe it was some easy-iron linen if I wasn't told otherwise. I'd get more if they had more colors like a light blue chambray. DEFINITELY a striped pattern would be nice.

It is just as see-through as normal linen. First thing I heard from my girlfriend when I put it on; "Nice nipples." So definitely wear an undershirt with it.

Both are highly recommended.

7. Mercado

Mercado Active Member

Question:
    I have a pair of really great fitting jeans, the only thing that would make them better would be an extra inch in the inseam. When I put my measurements in for Luxire would I change the pant length as well?

The pant length always confused me, especially if I were to compile measurements from different pairs of pants with different rises and inseams.
    Thanks.

***Here is a picture of the 14.5 oz raw non selvage Luxire jeans after about 7 washes. The shininess of the denim has faded away and the color has lightened up a bit. The color now is a very deep blue, a blue black I would say, certainly not traditional indigo. These will shrink so do take account for shrinkage or just specify in the notes section "please prewash denim to completely remove any chances of shrinkage." (As per email from Luxire) Thank you Luxire.***

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

How heavy is that brembana navy chambray? Summer weight fabric?

9. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

medium weight more a 3/4 season fabric

10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Of course. Otherwise you'd be messing up with the rise. If you increase the inseam by 1 inch, then increase the total pant length by 1 inch as well.

1 person likes this.
  11. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

Yes, you need to increase the pant length by one inch as well. If you just raise the inseam by one inch and leave the overall pant length the same, it will just make the crotch come up closer to your waistband by one inch. The pants will stay the same length, you will just have a smaller box for your pelvic area. Of course, if you want that, it's fine. But from what you are saying, it sounds like you want the top block of the pant to stay exactly the same, and just add an inch to the hem.

1 person likes this.
  12. mattcritchlow

mattcritchlow Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Very happy with them

1 person likes this.
  13. Mercado

Mercado Active Member

Alright, that's what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure. Yes, that's what I wanted.

For some reason I was thinking inseam + back rise = pant length but that's not the case.

Thanks to both of you.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

Closeup of fabric in the wild.

6 people like this.
  15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Fantastic, this and the light blue version will be my next two shirt purchase.

Even better, i am already planning to quarter line a sports coat in this fabric, it looks like a good choice... :slayer:

16. burnso

burnso Senior member

I now have 2 Luxire wallets so I thought Id post a quick review. Ill let the pics do most of the talking.

Firstly, just received a new wallet made to specs and details that I requested (copy of one Ive seen elsewhere).

[​IMG]

I wanted a thick (bridle) type leather that would age and patina really well, in a small 'card' sized bi-fold wallet.
    I don't have a lot of experience with leathers but I think it should age and darken really well, and very happy with the result. The workmanship on this wallet is usual very high quality Luxire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other wallet is the Luxire leather wallet, Black Slim (http://custom.luxire.com/products/luxire-leather-wallet). I have had this for over a year now, and the leather and workmanship is also very good and has held up beautifully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both wallets together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im really excited about how this new wallet will age, Ive been wanting something like this for ages.

6 people like this.
  17. All Tatters

All Tatters Senior member

Really nice, especially the custom made one.

May I ask you what it cost?

18. burnso

burnso Senior member

It cost me $100. It really is beautifully made.

19. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Very reasonable price and looks great!

20. europrep

europrep Senior member

Looks great. I have the blue and white in the works. I know you wear a lot of linen...how does it compare?