• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

terra firma

Reaction score
Thanks for posting and reposting those striped oxfords. Just ordered the bluish green one. Looks like a fantastic casual shirt.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Any chance for fit pics to see the degree of fix?

Here are some pics. Looking at these, maybe they're not quite as bad as I originally thought. I might bring them to my tailor and see if they can let them out enough to be comfortable. They still feel pretty snug, but I haven't gotten a chance to measure these vs my last pair yet (they should have the same measurements in the waist, hips, and thigh).

You can see they did do a pretty good job with the bunching under the seat. It's not totally gone but it's definitely an improvement. The bow legs are still pretty prominent, so whatever they did to try and fix those it didn't really work. Other than the tightness in the top block, overall I'm happy with the other parts of the fit. I'll see what my tailor can do with these, definitely need the waist, seat, hips, and thigh let out a bit, and I'll adjust those measurements on my next order.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am more than a little confused having read through this thread about Luxire's selvedge denim. It seems that the colours on the website do not match what people have received, and I have also been told by Luxire that the 13oz raw denim is unsanforized, but I believe I read earlier that all of Luxire's selvedge denim is sanforized. Can someone please advise me on the best option for a very dark navy/indigo blue jean? Ideally, if you've ordered and have pictures of the colour of denim. When I place my order, I'll ask Luxire to pre-soak the denim in hot (95 degrees celsius hot) water and ask they do this before cutting so I can wear them without worry about shrinkage, and account for stretch in the waistband/knees as necessary.

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Nastiness on an otherwise great fitting shirt. Looks like a combination of a too small bottom/hip measurement, and needing darts. Is this Luxire?

Last edited:

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am more than a little confused having read through this thread about Luxire's selvedge denim. It seems that the colours on the website do not match what people have received, and I have also been told by Luxire that the 13oz raw denim is unsanforized, but I believe I read earlier that all of Luxire's selvedge denim is sanforized. Can someone please advise me on the best option for a very dark navy/indigo blue jean? Ideally, if you've ordered and have pictures of the colour of denim. When I place my order, I'll ask Luxire to pre-soak the denim in hot (95 degrees celsius hot) water and ask they do this before cutting so I can wear them without worry about shrinkage, and account for stretch in the waistband/knees as necessary.

13 oz raw is unsanforized.

14 oz /13oz Dark is sanforized.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some photos of my Luxire peacoat.

My camera was really struggling with the light for some reason.

The fabric appears quite dark in the shade, but in full sun it's really quite blue. It's the Dugdale 25oz herringbone. The herringbone is lovely and subtle - looks solid from a distance, but adds interest close up.

This is after a bit of tailoring to take it in at the waist and biceps (reasonably expensive unfortunately - I think the thick fabric makes for tough work for the tailor!)

The remaining thing to be done is to swap out the buttons (currently suit size) for coat size buttons. The throat latch is also a bit small so I'm getting that redone. There is also a missing button under the collar for the throat latch which I'll need to put on. No big deal.

Luxire has agreed that coat size buttons should probably be standard on outerwear (I didn't specify, so can't really blame them). Especially on such a damn thick fabric. They look a bit out of place being so small.

Overall, it was quite expensive with the tailoring costs included, but I couldn't be happier with the end result. Cheers Luxire/Theresa.

FYI, I sent in an existing piece of outerwear (a rain mac) to be copied, as far as possible, to this garment.

My inspiration was this Ring Jacket peacoat (I don't like short peacoats much and also don't like flap pockets on them).

http://www.thearmourystore.com/arti...wear/ring-jacket-navy-wool-10-button-pea-coat

*edit incidentally the shirt is Luxire Navy Chambray by Brembana, and the pants are Luxire 13oz raw Selvedge denim (pre soaked). Happy with both other than i'll increase the knee measurement on my next pair of jeans.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lachy! Do you mind linking me to the pics you took of your jeans? Which ones did you get in the end?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Lachy! Do you mind linking me to the pics you took of your jeans? Which ones did you get in the end?

This is the 13 oz raw selvedge. Asked Luxire to do a pre-cutting hot soak.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/37/37e97d64__20140325_180501.jpeg

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/94/94708861__20140325_180242.jpeg

Here's what I asked for in the order (first attempt at jeans)

Measurements

- Can you please hot soak the denim before cutting to eliminate shrinkage (http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/03/soaking-raw-denim-the-critical-preliminary-step/)

Please disregard measurements from original order on site and use these:

1x Luxire Selvedge - Custom Jeans - 13Oz Raw Indigo - Front Pleats: No Pleat - Front Pockets: Jeans Style - Fly Style: Metal Button - Waist Band: Standard Belt Loop - Rear Pockets: Jeans Style 2 Rear Pockets - Lining: No Lining - Bottom Cuff: No -

Waist Size: 17.00 -
Half Hip Measurement: 20.75
Half Hip Front: 19.50
Pant Length: 38.50
Inseam Measurement: 31.00 -
Front Rise: 11.00 -
Back Rise: 14
Thigh Measurement (2 inch Below Crotch): 12.25 -
Knee Measurement: 8.25 -
Bottom / Ankle Opening: 7.75

Style

Please follow the general style of the 3sixteen SL-100x seen here (http://www.blueowl.us/product/3sixteen-slim-tapered-145oz-selvedge-denim-in-indigo-model-st-100x/ , http://www.3sixteen.com/products/sl100x-straight-raw-indigo-selvedge-denim) in terms of pockets and stitching etc (no stitching on back pockets).

- For the coin pocket opening, please use selvedge detailing as seen in your jeans image attached.

- selvedge belt loop detailing

- Please chainstitch hem.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How much would it cost to have the chambray shirt professionally faded?
Also, does anyone know if I get the same results if I wash it in the wash machine?

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Fading is $30, cannot be achieved at home.
Do not know how it is done though. We tried replicating the process in-house but no success, so far. We will get there.

Effects may vary a little. Will not look exactly the same, but, similar.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks LachyZee and others for your help regarding Luxire denim. I just put in my first order, will post pics when they arrive! :)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nastiness on an otherwise great fitting shirt. Looks like a combination of a too small bottom/hip measurement, and needing darts. Is this Luxire?

The shirt already has darts, and the waist area is pretty tight, so much so that I can feel it pull slightly when I sit down. The bunching is due to a too-tight hip/bottom hem measurement. FWIW, I never wear this shirt tucked in, I just had it on already so I left it on for these pics. If I wear it untucked with the bottom button left undone then the problem isn't noticeable.

This is Luxire and it was a combination of me and them screwing up. I increased the length of the shirt from my previous order, but I didn't account for needing to also increase the bottom hem to account for the extra length. Since my hips are wider in that area, I should have increased the bottom width. Luxire also made it a tiny but smaller than my previous shirt (within their tolerances) but that small amount just exacerbated the problem. Like I said, I never wear the shirt tucked in so it didn't seem worth it to get it remade. I'll fix the issue on my next shirt. Only on SF can you post a bunch of pics of one article of clothing, and then get unsolicited feedback on a problem with some other article of clothing in the picture :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads