Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I keep forgetting that they wear black shoes with navy suits in England. No wonder they lost the goddamn empire.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I ordered two shirts (Blue Denim Slubby Chambray and Red Yellow Patch Madras) back on the 18th of April and received them both yesterday. They are absolutely perfect! I will definitely be using Luxire again.

I've got a couple of Madras shirts from O'Connell's and the material that Luxire offers seems quite a bit thicker but also much softer, it's a very nice shirt. I'll have to get some pictures.

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

See also:

4. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

5. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

The US military wears black shoes with navy. Just sayin

6. Suit of Nettles

Suit of Nettles Senior member

True, although I doubt most of us would feel entitled or even permitted to dress militarily, even if we wished. Maybe the point ought to be that black-with-navy is conservative in a particularly uniform manner that appeals to exactly the set the Monkey is describing, just as *not* wearing black shoes and going to oxblood or brown is running a non-uniform or even anti-uniform flag up the pole (well, down the trousers), and wearing navy shoes with a navy suit would be a sign of mental instability or chemical abuse.

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Terrific - many thanks.

8. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I would be interested in knowing that as well, thanks

9. Garasaki

Garasaki Senior member

I think there's been some discussion of the NOBD II collar worn w/o ties - I'd just add my 2 cents, that I actually like my NOBDII collar worn without a tie OR jacket.

For me, it tends to spread in a way that makes a very strong looking "neck base" which I find to be pretty complimentary. I don't have a neck like an NFL linebacker, but the way this collar spreads gives my slender build the appearance of a bit more bulk.

It also retains a nice arc, which isn't nearly as graceful as a good BD collar but is considerably more elegant than a standard spread collar.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Got my Minnis Fresco trousers today...first, the good:

This is my second order since their shipping policy changed and they offered the extra duty-free option, but I still haven't gotten charged any duties/customs/fees by FedEx. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if I should get used to this. On the pants, the fabric is amazing, this is my first pair of Fresco and I can understand the hype they get. Wonderful texture, definitely sets them apart from a smooth worsted, and the weight is pretty perfect for year round wear in FL.

In regards to fit, I think they did a pretty good job fixing the bunching under the seat. It's not completely gone, but it looks a lot better compared to my last pair. They also fixed most of the bow leg issues I have, so I was happy about that.

Now the bad...I don't know what happened, but the whole top block feels way too tight. Waist feels snug, hips are too tight, and the thigh/butt area is tight as well. My previous pair is at the dry cleaner right now, but when I pick them up tomorrow I will measure to see the differences. All I know is when I pulled them on, I could tell right away that they're unwearable due to the slimness in the top block...had to suck my stomach in to button them, the pockets are flaring out, and I can see fabric pulling because of the thigh/butt tightness.

I hate hate hate it when one thing gets fixed and another three things go wrong. Also, whenever a measurement is off on one of my garments from Luxire, it's always too tight. Always. It's never too big, that would be too easy for me to fix. I could drop it off at the tailor and get it taken in. There's not enough seam allowance in these to get all the issues fixed by my tailor. Looks like I'll be contacting Luxire for a remake. And this was not a quick order, it over 6 weeks from order date to delivery date. Looks like I'll be waiting at least that long again to ship these back, have them remade, and then have the new pair shipped out to me. I was hoping to place a bulk order if these turned out perfect, but that will need to be put on hold for now.

11. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

^ Any chance for fit pics to see the degree of fix?

12. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

Trouser with Cargo Pockets made in Navy Soft Chino & Faded as per Customer requirement...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Can you tell us the collar details and order number for the above linen chambray? @luxire