Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hallock

Hallock Member

The quoted sleeve length was 30.5", confirmed in the order, that's the length of the shirt shown (blue). The Luxire shirt's sleeves (stripped, posted above) comes out between 27" and 27.5". The measurements of the waist and chest are also both short, unless you physically stretch the fabric. Below is the confirmation I was sent.

Quote: I will post a shot of the Luxire shirt with the tape measurement above it when I get home from work this evening.

2. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

This is the image that Luxire supplied about how to measure sleeve length. This is not what Hallock is doing.

[​IMG]

3. timotune

timotune Senior member

Not sure why some people need to discuss their measuring mistakes in this thread.
    Luxire has a great customer-service via mail.
    If they made a mistake, they will be happy to replace the shirt.

4. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I think it's helpful. It may prevent other people from making the same mistake.

5. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I got to pick the sleeve lining of my Beckett & Robb MTM - now I don't want to go back to white/striped sleeves, ever. I tried to get Proper Suit to use the same lining in the sleeves as the body of the dinner jacket I got from them, but no go - ended up with white striped sleeve lining.

So, that's a big plus for Luxire in my book, if you can specify that.

6. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Insightful as always, Emptym.

Agree with linen being a year-round fabric. Have seen some vintage winter jackets made of linen, we made one too recently.

For the lining, we are also exploring the option of offering custom dyed colors beyond the 5 we will have as standard. They will be woven in twill, satin and plain weaves, offering more choices.

Also in the works is a Dutch Satin silk lining for people who would prefer silk.

These will all be Luxire Signature Linings and will probably be the best jacket linings available.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I have one linen shirt and two on the way (ordered the one last night. If you can combine them so that ships early, great - if not, oh well). I may order one more. But, since it's declared a year-round fabric, any chance we can get more blues available in the next few months?

Thanks!

8. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

I don't think there's much mystery in it. Like others before him, he's trying to extort special treatment on shipping charges by publicly airing basic measurement issues.

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

:) I'm sorry, I misread your post. I wasn't paying attention to the sleeves part... I only have experience with Caruso in being able to specify that.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

This. And or refusing to admit making measurement mistakes. Happens to all of us.

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I believe Tiberias actually allows you to customize sleeves, now that I think about it.

As a side note - Zuckerburg gives hoodies to his employees that are lined. The back of the lining has a crest on it with their mission statement. It looks quite cult-like, but I think it would be RIDICULOUSLY cool to be able to line the jacket with some sort of picture, somewhat like how you allow pocket squares to be printed. Not sure what I would do, or if I would use it... but, there you go. An idea.

[​IMG]

12. PasFear

PasFear New Member

It would be good if you could post your third picture (with shirts laid out together) with the tape measure running form the middle of the yoke down the sleeves. The method in which the measuring was done and how you had your shirts laid out would seem to indicate the issue may not be quite as bad as you are making it out to be.

End state, if the sleeve length of the Luxire shirt is not at 30.5" I am sure they will help you out.

As for the lining colours, I certainly think the Black is a required staple!

13. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

This is the correct answer. Luxire asks for top of the shoulder and down the sleeve whereas Hallock's pic does not do that.

I'd be interested to see if Hallock did this correct measurement on his new shirt if it came out to be 30.5

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

Exactly. If Hallock measures the shirt just like Luxire's photo shows, and it is not 30.5", then it seems to be it's a complete fault on Luxire's part. Popcorn ready.

15. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

Okay so here are the two shirts I got in my first order. The first two are of the pencil stripe dress shirt, and the second of the university stripe OCBD. They are the first two shirts I've owned that fit me in the neck, shoulders, and sleeves. The lighter weight pencil stripe seems to billow out a bit more, whereas the heavier oxford cloth seems to fit a little slimmer. I think this is just the nature of lighter vs. heavier fabrics. To me the OCBD (bottom 2 pics) is a pretty close fit. For lighter weight dress shirts like the first, I think I might decrease the waist a hair (.25"-.5"). What do you guys think of the fits? Bring on the critique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]