• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's how I understand it, yep.
I think it's slightly more complicated, actually. Or maybe it's just the fix that is. There's a great post on here abt it. I'll try to find it at lunch

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone ever apprehensive about ordering a whole bunch of swatches, but if you're ready to order one of them a few months from now they're out of stock?
Yes. I order quickly. There's already 2-3 fabrics I wanted that are out of stock.

And everybody needs lots of blue linen.
This. I still have plenty of summer to go so I may even order one more linen shirt.
Is it the Blue Micro Checks 60s?
In case so I just received a swatch of it an hour ago with my two latest shirts.
I agree, it is a nice fabric, fantastic pattern, light weight and a good feel to it.
If you don't already own a shirt made of it another fabric you might be interested in is the Blue Micro Gingham Linen.
This IS the blue micro gingham.
smile.gif
The name is wrong - it's hounds tooth. Look closely.

I like that linen a lot--almost ordered one recently. Figured it was time to stop ordering summer shirts though
frown.gif
Never. I've still got more linen to order. In Phoenix, winter starts in late November and lasts until early March.
Opinion time:

Ordering Bemberg lining for the inside of jackets, back of vests and possibly lining some pants.

a. If we go for 5 colors, which ones should we go for?

b. What kind of colors / patterns for the sleeve lining are desired?
Navy, brown, beige, royal blue, black (since you have so many black fabric options),
Navy, dark purple, burgundy, dark green, brown.
Green? Burgundy? Are you going for matching the fabric, or interesting lining? I'd get these but not my first options if we only get 5.

Pocket gap is complicated. Don't make the mistake of thinking it can be fixed by adding fabric to the rear. It's caused by pelvic tilt, stance, lack of fabric, many things.

Quantimil

Reaction score
Opinion time:

Ordering Bemberg lining for the inside of jackets, back of vests and possibly lining some pants.

Navy, black, brown, antique gold, royal blue. For sleeves: White with dark stripes (navy, black or grey) and black with light stripes (white, silver or gold)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(re: linings)

Navy, dark purple, burgundy, dark green, brown.

IMO one needs black and white/cream somewhere in the mix. The latter is useful for trouser linings, and the former is a conservative choice for charcoal grey jackets/suits. So if I only had 5 lining choices ever, I'd swap out lachyzee's purple for black, and his brown for white/cream.

Re: sleeve linings - don't take our advice; pick a stripe pattern/colour that you guys like as a company. It's your little signature detail, so choose something that means something to you!

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: sleeve linings - don't take our advice; pick a stripe pattern/colour that you guys like as a company. It's your little signature detail, so choose something that means something to you!
This x1000. Not many places let you pick.

ammanati

Reaction score
Yes, I would go for something more contrasting to all shades of blue, brown and grey. Whites and creams is a good idea. More greens, purple, orange, dark pink etc. Maybe some patterns as well

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other than sky blue oxford, would anyone have any light blue fabric reccomendations, doesn't have to be solid (mini stripes, etc)

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Opinion time:

Black, Navy, Burgundy, Brown, Gold/Tan/Beige

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This IS the blue micro gingham.

No need to look closely, there are a lot of fabrics that are something different than what their name suggests, for example in stripes.
Anyway, great choice of fabric, and to turn my suggestion around, if besides linen you also like lightweight cotton fabrics for summer wear, have a look at the Blue Micro Checks 60s, great fabric!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to look closely, there are a lot of fabrics that are something different than what their name suggests, for example in stripes.
Anyway, great choice of fabric, and to turn my suggestion around, if besides linen you also like lightweight cotton fabrics for summer wear, have a look at the Blue Micro Checks 60s, great fabric!
I may. Thanks!

I need some more blue linen and more burgundy stripe and blue stripe shirts before anything though.

Pasha

Reaction score

This x1000. Not many places let you pick. 
Totally agreed. For sleeves pick something with stripes and/or smalll checks which is tasteful but somewhat unique - that, indeed, could be your signature.

Hallock

Reaction score
Long-time lurker; I ordered a shirt from Luxire using the 'Measure Existing Shirt' process in the middle of July, it arrived Monday this week.

I am reticent to badmouth a brand, but my experience has been very negative. The shirt I ordered doesn't meet the measurements I specified. The waist and chest only meet the measurements specified if the shirt is held down on one side and physically stretched. The sleeves are comically short (nearly 3") of the shirt I used to measure. Additionally, there is a hole in the yoke of the shirt where it meets the sleeves.

I contacted their customer service representative who said I would need me to mail them the shirt ($20) and pay for the cost of alteration for any they deemed was not in error. But given the craftsmanship, I am reticent to send this back and be charged another $70 for different measurements to account for what appears to be a huge margin of error, or worse effectively get back the same shirt that's a size too small.

So I asked if I could do a return for refund or credit, and have not heard back in four days. Very disappointed and would not recommend to others. Pictures of the sleeves below, the most noticeable problem.

http://tinypic.com/r/2r45tgm/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2rng8bt/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2s7f2vk/5

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't all MTM places?
Lining in the sleeves? Not the ones I've used. White/navy stripes are what I've usually got. I looked at BB MTM, RL MTM and have used KW. You don't get to pick the lining on the sleeves at any of those.

Maybe when they see NOBD walk in, they open up more options.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads