Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

^Yep, that post by atailor is great, as are all of his similar threads linked in the Second Tailor's Thread.

Many men wear linen year-round. There's a few threads here and on the LL about it. I believe Michael Alden, for example, only wears linen shirts.

My five would be light blue/gray, dark blue/gray, light tan, darker tan, and burgundy.

Grayish blue or bluish gray go well with blue or gray suits/sportcoats. And the tans would pair nicely with greens and browns. Burgundy is for those who want something a little more flashy.

Similarly, I'd go with two sleeve linings, one with blue, red, and gray (or black) stripes, and one with green, red, and brown (or blue) stripes. If you wanted to have a signature stripe, the width and spacing of the stripes could be the same with only the colors changing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

2. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

Wow, those sleeves are absurdly short. My experience with Luxire has been positive though, I'm sorry to hear yours didn't turn out well.

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Short because the order said 30.50.

First mail from customer:
    I received the shirt today. I was really happy with the quality of material and how it was put together, but the measurements of the sleeves is almost 3" short what I specified. I've attached three images. First the shirt I measured off of, using the method according to your website, second the difference between the two sleeves (Roughly 3") and third I attached a photo showing them on top of one another (so you can see they're aligned at the center).

But, such issues are best discussed over email. If there is a delay in reply, the reason for that was posted here earlier.

4. Hallock

Hallock Member

That photo clearly shows the original shirt is 30.50", the next two photos shows the shirt overlaid to the same spot, and the arms are 3" short.

[​IMG]

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Looks like the shirt that was created is indeed quite a bit off.
    This really puts off the orders I had planned..

6. Wade

Wade Senior member

I think I see the problem. On luxires site, in measurements they want you to measure from the center back to end of sleeve. You probably just measured from where the shoulders are to end of sleeve which would account for the couple of inches too short

7. kulata

kulata Senior member

Silly.

What about people that got theirs just right? Not like I am defending the company, they should try and resolve the problem, but issues are on a case by case basis.

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Not sure which photo you are referring to, but, the image shows some fabric tucked under the shoulder seam. This is not the way you are supposed to measure.The sleeve should be straight.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

The original shirt looks to measure 30.5", the one created looks to be about 3" too short? Did the order say 30.5" and he received a shirt that is 27.5"? Clearly that is an error in manufacturing, not Hallock's order. IMO that is a full refund or a full reconstruction, but what do I know about customer service?

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

What about the photo where he shows the shirt he took measurements from and the shirt that was created for him?

11. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

What are you talking about? Luxire sent me an email with all the measurements I put in after I placed my order. I double checked the numbers to make sure I didn't make a mistake. It appears that Hallock requested 30.5" sleeves, which is exactly what he got. If Luxire sent him an email quoting a longer sleeve length, then he has reason to be upset. It's not clear what was sent to Luxire so don't be so quick to pass judgement. Check your emails, Hallock. What did they say?

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

HOLD ON, are you guys confused? The stripped shirt is what he received, the blue one is what he measured.
    He measured from the center of back on the blue shirt, 30.5"...the stripped appears to be 27.5" from the center back to sleeve.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yes, when I had pants made, Luxire sent me an email w the order summary and I checked all the measurements to make sure I did not make a mistake.

What happened here is different: Luxire says he ordered 30.5" sleeves, but what he received is a shirt with 27.5" sleeves

That, to me, is an error on Luxire's manufacturing part. Why should Hallock have to pay money to ship the shirt back that was clearly incorrectly made?

14. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I think it looks like he under-measured his blue shirt by at least two inches. It's not entirely flat and I usually try to get the tape to follow the contour of the shoulder a bit, rather than a straight line to the end of the cuff.

Unfortunate situation.

15. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Bottomline, Hallock needs to check his email. If here requested 30.5" sleeves and got 27.5" sleeves he should be upset. If he requested 27.5" sleeves and got 27.5" sleeves, then it's on him. There is not sufficient information here to place blame on anyone.