Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Legit concerns are never ignored. Regulars know that very well, newbies will learn.

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Can someone explain what is so bad about signing up here to share your experience? It's like people keep shitting on low post count people who have issues.

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I don't know many MTM places, especially online ones, that turn stuff much faster than 2 months. If you have one that works for you, by all means consider using them if you truly care about punctuality and speed. You have to decide if punctuality is your primary concern or if you care more about things like fit, quality and price. Compared with some of the stories I've seen on SF about issues with artisans and reliability, a 2 month wait and issue with shipping to an APO sound like non-issues.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

It's bad form to join an online community for the purpose of trashing members and/or affiliates of said community. People with low post counts get the responses they do because most of their posts read like inane Yelp reviews, they often lack perspective on how the MTM process works (anyone who thinks two months is a long wait for MTM clothing probably does not have much experience with the process) and we have no real way to evaluate whether their issues are legitimate. I for one trust the word of someone who has spent some time lurking and posting here and has shared experiences, good and not so good, on a variety of subjects, over someone who signs up to complain.

5. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I think everyone has the right to post view points on the forums, but to complain about that time frame is not right. Most places are around that time or longer.

6. razl

razl Senior member

+1, +1, +1...

Althanis (and other similar posters) should note that this isn't just some thread started by customer to share their own personal experiences but the vendor's StyleForum "official" affiliate thread - I think they even pay for it. The primary intention is for them the vendor to use the channel to communicate with us the consumer. Public airing of every individual consumer issue (even if justified) should probably go in another thread unless the poster is confident it affects the vendor and/or a large segment of the community.

The incessant drip-drip-drip of "look what they didn't do right on my order!" just craps up the whole thread and gives a black eye to the vendor who, otherwise, may be doing a 99.99% excellent job.

7. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Looks like these are not your mistakes.

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I agree. Somehow I feel like luxire and he have already gone a couple rounds during email. And honestly if you start with 'how do you expect to keep me as a customer"... Not going to get good results from the people who you want something from.

Also, given Luxire's record of helping people, even when the customer was in the wrong, is excellent... I feel as though we are missing part of the argument, and the part not being told is why luxire won't do it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013

9. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Some interesting shades of Linen Cotton have landed:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Just noticed that the money for these was deducted recently, so hopefully only another week or two before I get to see how Luxire have done. Can't wait!

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

It's lame to sign up to StyFo just to complain about a Luxire order, but I don't understand the chorus of derision when someone expresses dissatisfaction with delivery times which exceed the vendor's own estimate. It sounds like the Luxire experience has varied pretty dramatically from one customer to the next, and this seems like an appropriate venue to raise some of these issues. Personally, I wouldn't choose this thread for some of the disputes, but I can understand that someone who has sent repeated e-mails without response might get a bit desperate and try to get things started by posting here.

For the record, my Luxire transactions have been reliable, timely, and responsive (including a remake).

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Is Hallocks issue being fixed?

13. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I would add paisley and other jacquard patterns.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Are these up on the site yet? And in general, what's the best way to find the latest shirt fabrics available for ordering? Just go to the last (or first?) page when selecting All?

(the "new" tag seems less than useful)

15. Hallock

Hallock Member

Essentially this is the reason. I didn't simply sign up to post this, I've been registered here for two years now and this is how I heard about Luxire. I first contacted their customer service right after receiving the shirt. I provided photographs I felt showed the discrepancy in measurements. They sent me back my order and I checked all the measurements and found in the process the chest and waist (which I felt were too tight) were both not what I specified as well, in addition to finding a hole.

I replied saying I double checked my measurements and more than just the sleeves were wrong. I asked about the process of having a shirt remade, wherein they told me I'd need to ship the shirt back to them and would be responsible for the cost of any alterations they deem were not done in error. I pointed out the errors in the shirt would require it to be entirely remade and I was reticent to do so given that:

1. Multiple measurements of the shirt are wrong
    2. If they decide measurements are my error, I'd be paying another $80 for a shirt, in addition to $20 to return the bad shirt, plus the $80 I already paid for the bad shirt

At this point I asked about the possibility of a straight refund and have not received a response since Tuesday, despite sending updated photos of the problem. I think a forum like this is fair to let others know that experience is varied between customers and their process is not fool-proof.