• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain what is so bad about signing up here to share your experience? It's like people keep ******** on low post count people who have issues.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just received my 2nd batch of shirts and a test run for chinos. Once again the shirts fit great and were exactly what I was looking for. The summer weight chinos were well made and fit great. The bad part of this experience was the shipping time. I placed the order at the end of May and received it 9 August. I am at an APO, as such I cannot receive FedEx shipments. So Luxire sends them to their New Jersey office to forward on to me. This worked fine the first time, and shipping took a week or so....unfortunately this time they made a mistake when they addressed my package and the package was in a black hole until it could be returned to NJ and shipped out again. No info was provided to me until I sent emails. Emails were answered promptly. They admitted they made a mistake but at the same time praised their logistics process. Which confused me since it had failed. Most recently, prior to receiving my order yesterday, I explained my frustration to Theresa and asked how Luxire planned to keep me as a customer. For the first time there was no response from Luxire.

So I am in a predicament. I like their clothing, but over 2 months wait is crazy. I don't trust they can get the orders out in a timely manner. And not offering some type of compensation for what was admittedly their mistake...that doesn't sit well with me. As I explained to Theresa the MTM market is crowded and we have a lot of choices.

I don't know many MTM places, especially online ones, that turn stuff much faster than 2 months. If you have one that works for you, by all means consider using them if you truly care about punctuality and speed. You have to decide if punctuality is your primary concern or if you care more about things like fit, quality and price. Compared with some of the stories I've seen on SF about issues with artisans and reliability, a 2 month wait and issue with shipping to an APO sound like non-issues.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone explain what is so bad about signing up here to share your experience? It's like people keep ******** on low post count people who have issues.

It's bad form to join an online community for the purpose of trashing members and/or affiliates of said community. People with low post counts get the responses they do because most of their posts read like inane Yelp reviews, they often lack perspective on how the MTM process works (anyone who thinks two months is a long wait for MTM clothing probably does not have much experience with the process) and we have no real way to evaluate whether their issues are legitimate. I for one trust the word of someone who has spent some time lurking and posting here and has shared experiences, good and not so good, on a variety of subjects, over someone who signs up to complain.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone has the right to post view points on the forums, but to complain about that time frame is not right. Most places are around that time or longer.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's bad form to join an online community for the purpose of trashing members and/or affiliates of said community. People with low post counts get the responses they do because most of their posts read like inane Yelp reviews, they often lack perspective on how the MTM process works (anyone who thinks two months is a long wait for MTM clothing probably does not have much experience with the process) and we have no real way to evaluate whether their issues are legitimate. I for one trust the word of someone who has spent some time lurking and posting here and has shared experiences, good and not so good, on a variety of subjects, over someone who signs up to complain.

+1, +1, +1...

Althanis (and other similar posters) should note that this isn't just some thread started by customer to share their own personal experiences but the vendor's StyleForum "official" affiliate thread - I think they even pay for it. The primary intention is for them the vendor to use the channel to communicate with us the consumer. Public airing of every individual consumer issue (even if justified) should probably go in another thread unless the poster is confident it affects the vendor and/or a large segment of the community.

The incessant drip-drip-drip of "look what they didn't do right on my order!" just craps up the whole thread and gives a black eye to the vendor who, otherwise, may be doing a 99.99% excellent job.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wouldn't blame them for trying to get rid of you.  Do you make a habit of patronising the people you deal with?

I agree. Somehow I feel like luxire and he have already gone a couple rounds during email. And honestly if you start with 'how do you expect to keep me as a customer"... Not going to get good results from the people who you want something from.

Also, given Luxire's record of helping people, even when the customer was in the wrong, is excellent... I feel as though we are missing part of the argument, and the part not being told is why luxire won't do it.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seeing this thread bumped quite a bit, and being both in need of some new shirts and currently between shirtmakers, I decided to experiment and see how Luxire do with a couple of simple buttondowns. I've ordered their sky blue oxford and a blue/white cotton/linen gingham, so I can see how good they are in coping with estimating the shrinkage of different kinds of fabric.

I was wary of sending my existing bespoke shirts out to them, so instead opted to measure one myself, including a couple of extra collar measurements. I didn't specify the angle of the collar spread; hopefully they've got a reasonable eye for what looks right and gives a overall decent shape. We'll see...

They're certainly a very inexpensive option compared to the London makers, so I hope it works out well enough for me to order a few business shirts from them as well. Their fabric choices seem a bit restricted in that regard, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The other issue will be exactly replicating the collar shape I use for those (I'm more fussy about those shirts than casual buttondowns) but I guess I can always take a photo and overlay some dimensions so they can make a good attempt at it. They're inexpensive enough to tolerate the need for a few iterations, anyway.

Looking forward to seeing what they create!

Just noticed that the money for these was deducted recently, so hopefully only another week or two before I get to see how Luxire have done. Can't wait!

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's lame to sign up to StyFo just to complain about a Luxire order, but I don't understand the chorus of derision when someone expresses dissatisfaction with delivery times which exceed the vendor's own estimate. It sounds like the Luxire experience has varied pretty dramatically from one customer to the next, and this seems like an appropriate venue to raise some of these issues. Personally, I wouldn't choose this thread for some of the disputes, but I can understand that someone who has sent repeated e-mails without response might get a bit desperate and try to get things started by posting here.

For the record, my Luxire transactions have been reliable, timely, and responsive (including a remake).

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(re: linings)

IMO one needs black and white/cream somewhere in the mix. The latter is useful for trouser linings, and the former is a conservative choice for charcoal grey jackets/suits. So if I only had 5 lining choices ever, I'd swap out lachyzee's purple for black, and his brown for white/cream.

Re: sleeve linings - don't take our advice; pick a stripe pattern/colour that you guys like as a company. It's your little signature detail, so choose something that means something to you!
I would add paisley and other jacquard patterns.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some interesting shades of Linen Cotton have landed

Are these up on the site yet? And in general, what's the best way to find the latest shirt fabrics available for ordering? Just go to the last (or first?) page when selecting All?

(the "new" tag seems less than useful)

Hallock

Reaction score
… I can understand that someone who has sent repeated e-mails without response might get a bit desperate and try to get things started by posting here.

Essentially this is the reason. I didn't simply sign up to post this, I've been registered here for two years now and this is how I heard about Luxire. I first contacted their customer service right after receiving the shirt. I provided photographs I felt showed the discrepancy in measurements. They sent me back my order and I checked all the measurements and found in the process the chest and waist (which I felt were too tight) were both not what I specified as well, in addition to finding a hole.

I replied saying I double checked my measurements and more than just the sleeves were wrong. I asked about the process of having a shirt remade, wherein they told me I'd need to ship the shirt back to them and would be responsible for the cost of any alterations they deem were not done in error. I pointed out the errors in the shirt would require it to be entirely remade and I was reticent to do so given that:

1. Multiple measurements of the shirt are wrong
  2. If they decide measurements are my error, I'd be paying another $80 for a shirt, in addition to $20 to return the bad shirt, plus the $80 I already paid for the bad shirt

At this point I asked about the possibility of a straight refund and have not received a response since Tuesday, despite sending updated photos of the problem. I think a forum like this is fair to let others know that experience is varied between customers and their process is not fool-proof.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads