• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirts would fit better if your posture was better :)

Overall look good though.

ScootManSam

Reaction score
The shirts would fit better if your posture was better
smile.gif

What's wrong with it!? I wonder if Luxire can fix it.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you may want to mess with the sleeves. The shirt looks good now but I think it's hanging at the right place instead of resting. See maybe 2-3 pages back when I mentioned this to another member. It appears as though you may not have much slack.

That said, the shirt fits really good. You want some room. The billowing isn't unflattering. Maybe .5" or so could work, but don't decrease the waist. Decrease the lower back.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
what turn around are people seeing? approaching a month for a shirt

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's wrong with it!? I wonder if Luxire can fix it.

The shirts would fit better if your posture was better :)

I'm seeing an anterior pelvic tilt, so your butt shoots back and causes that billowing in the back. If you stand and squeeze your glutes, your pelvis will level out and you will see how the shirt looks a tad bit different then.:slayer:

ScootManSam

Reaction score
I think you may want to mess with the sleeves. The shirt looks good now but I think it's hanging at the right place instead of resting. See maybe 2-3 pages back when I mentioned this to another member. It appears as though you may not have much slack.

That said, the shirt fits really good. You want some room. The billowing isn't unflattering. Maybe .5" or so could work, but don't decrease the waist. Decrease the lower back.
Thanks for the comments. Yea I think you're right about the sleeves. The issue though is that on my left cuff I added a slight allowance to fit a watch underneath. When you do this, however, you're sleeve will hit farther down your wrist. I tried to offset this by making my left sleeve a hair shorter so the left sleeve definitely is hanging. How do you account for the watch while still allowing your shirt to rest in the correct spot, rather than hang?

I actually had them lower the waist point by about 4" so I think the waist is basically my lower back. Isn't the narrowest part of your torso basically your lower back? Or do you recommend decreasing it below the natural waist?

I'm seeing an anterior pelvic tilt, so your butt shoots back and causes that billowing in the back. If you stand and squeeze your glutes, your pelvis will level out and you will see how the shirt looks a tad bit different then.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Hmm I see what you're saying. I can't walk around with my cheeks clenched all day though. Might have to see a chiropractor for that one.

Hallock

Reaction score
I don't want to be difficult, but the people I have been in contact with are not taking responsibility for mistakes made in the manufacturing of the shirt. I have tried to take as detailed of photos as possible in strict accordance with what is on their website and have taken overhead shots, as flat as possible with one shirt atop the other so there is zero confusion. To again state the measurements in question, that were confirmed by the email:

Sleeves: 30.5"
Chest: 20.5"
Waist: 18.5"

High resolution photo from above, so you can see there is no fold or crease on the shirt below.

Close-up of the arms.

The cuff itself. The Luxire shirt measures between 27.5" to 27.75", the other measures 30.5" (or a hair under). I can measure these in any variety of ways, it simply does not add up to 30.5".

The chest. On the Luxire shirt it measures barely 19.5" (the shirt is not aligned on the left), the one below measures 20.5".

The waist. On the Luxire shirt it's about 17.75", the shirt below is 19" (note: I reduced this measurement to 18.5" for a slimmer fit).

Finally, the tear in the arm. This is inside the shirt, top of the shoulder where it meets the sleeve. It goes through the first set of stitching (not apparent externally, which is why I did not notice it when I first contacted them).

I believe I have been as detailed as I can — I do not believe any measurements I gave were purposefully false or inaccurate. When I first got the shirt, tried it on and I could hardly fit into it, I went through the process of re-measuring to my order before I contacted their customer service.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe Tiberias actually allows you to customize sleeves, now that I think about it.

As a side note - Zuckerburg gives hoodies to his employees that are lined. The back of the lining has a crest on it with their mission statement. It looks quite cult-like, but I think it would be RIDICULOUSLY cool to be able to line the jacket with some sort of picture, somewhat like how you allow pocket squares to be printed. Not sure what I would do, or if I would use it... but, there you go. An idea.

Cool indeed. Can be done as desired.
We did this for the jackets of groomsmen with an image of their friendship lining their jackets. For the bridesmaids, we printed the silk with an image adorning the side, but the dresses were made someplace else.

PasFear

Reaction score
I don't want to be difficult, but the people I have been in contact with are not taking responsibility for mistakes made in the manufacturing of the shirt. I have tried to take as detailed of photos as possible in strict accordance with what is on their website and have taken overhead shots, as flat as possible with one shirt atop the other so there is zero confusion. To again state the measurements in question, that were confirmed by the email:

I believe I have been as detailed as I can — I do not believe any measurements I gave were purposefully false or inaccurate. When I first got the shirt, tried it on and I could hardly fit into it, I went through the process of re-measuring to my order before I contacted their customer service.

From this it appears clear to me that there was a manufacturing error. Luxire has confirmed that the order was for a sleeve length of 30.50" and it is evident that the shirt you show above is well short of that. I would imagine that Luxire will take care of this, no? I think there was some confusion over the first picture you posted as they thought the light blue shirt you measured as a reference was the shirt they made for you.

Quote:
First mail from customer:

I received the shirt today. I was really happy with the quality of material and how it was put together, but the measurements of the sleeves is almost 3" short what I specified. I've attached three images. First the shirt I measured off of, using the method according to your website, second the difference between the two sleeves (Roughly 3") and third I attached a photo showing them on top of one another (so you can see they're aligned at the center).

Perhaps it's just me, but I would take issue if Luxire was to post a private email I sent to them. I would expect some measure of privacy for the communications between us.

As an aside, a month ago I received my first MTM shirt from Luxire and I am tremendously satisfied with it. My second order was put in a few days after my last one arrived and I can't wait to see how the minor adjustments to my measurements go.

Last edited:

scrumb

Reaction score
I just received my 2nd batch of shirts and a test run for chinos. Once again the shirts fit great and were exactly what I was looking for. The summer weight chinos were well made and fit great. The bad part of this experience was the shipping time. I placed the order at the end of May and received it 9 August. I am at an APO, as such I cannot receive FedEx shipments. So Luxire sends them to their New Jersey office to forward on to me. This worked fine the first time, and shipping took a week or so....unfortunately this time they made a mistake when they addressed my package and the package was in a black hole until it could be returned to NJ and shipped out again. No info was provided to me until I sent emails. Emails were answered promptly. They admitted they made a mistake but at the same time praised their logistics process. Which confused me since it had failed. Most recently, prior to receiving my order yesterday, I explained my frustration to Theresa and asked how Luxire planned to keep me as a customer. For the first time there was no response from Luxire.

So I am in a predicament. I like their clothing, but over 2 months wait is crazy. I don't trust they can get the orders out in a timely manner. And not offering some type of compensation for what was admittedly their mistake...that doesn't sit well with me. As I explained to Theresa the MTM market is crowded and we have a lot of choices.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered my first pair of pants through luxire - let's see how they turn out. Ordered in dark-grey linen/cotton.

Vodking

Reaction score
I just received my 2nd batch of shirts and a test run for chinos. Once again the shirts fit great and were exactly what I was looking for. The summer weight chinos were well made and fit great. The bad part of this experience was the shipping time. I placed the order at the end of May and received it 9 August. I am at an APO, as such I cannot receive FedEx shipments. So Luxire sends them to their New Jersey office to forward on to me. This worked fine the first time, and shipping took a week or so....unfortunately this time they made a mistake when they addressed my package and the package was in a black hole until it could be returned to NJ and shipped out again. No info was provided to me until I sent emails. Emails were answered promptly. They admitted they made a mistake but at the same time praised their logistics process. Which confused me since it had failed. Most recently, prior to receiving my order yesterday, I explained my frustration to Theresa and asked how Luxire planned to keep me as a customer. For the first time there was no response from Luxire.

So I am in a predicament. I like their clothing, but over 2 months wait is crazy. I don't trust they can get the orders out in a timely manner. And not offering some type of compensation for what was admittedly their mistake...that doesn't sit well with me. As I explained to Theresa the MTM market is crowded and we have a lot of choices.
I wouldn't blame them for trying to get rid of you. Do you make a habit of patronising the people you deal with?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Named spoiler appropriately for you.

You're welcome.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeves: 30.5"
Chest: 20.5"
Waist: 18.5"

High resolution photo from above, so you can see there is no fold or crease on the shirt below.

Close-up of the arms.

The cuff itself. The Luxire shirt measures between 27.5" to 27.75", the other measures 30.5" (or a hair under). I can measure these in any variety of ways, it simply does not add up to 30.5".

The chest. On the Luxire shirt it measures barely 19.5" (the shirt is not aligned on the left), the one below measures 20.5".

The waist. On the Luxire shirt it's about 17.75", the shirt below is 19" (note: I reduced this measurement to 18.5" for a slimmer fit).

Finally, the tear in the arm. This is inside the shirt, top of the shoulder where it meets the sleeve. It goes through the first set of stitching (not apparent externally, which is why I did not notice it when I first contacted them).

This is a legit argument. Numbers don't lie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads