Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

2. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

I was considering placing an order for a couple shirts but last time there was a major US holiday coming up I missed the sale. Will there be a sale this weekend?

3. LuxireStudio

No sale is going to happen in the near future.

4. jacobftww

jacobftww Member

Debunked my plan :brick:

5. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We have changed our standard MOP buttons. Last year, we met a new button-maker in Italy whose knowledge about buttons, shells and horns really impressed us. On reviewing our standard buttons, he was of the suggestion that we modify them to be easier to use and look better.
    We were not sure as the buttons would appear a bit thinner even though they were not as thin. The idea was to add a concave shape at the bottom, which would make buttoning easy. It would also increase our cost per button by about 20%.

After not being sure for too long, we decided to take the plunge. Below are the images of the buttons. We got made a small quantity and are shipping them on shirts these days. Depending on the feedback, we will either stick with these, or go back to the older ones or make further changes.

New standard MOP buttons_side_view.jpg New standard MOP buttons_top_view_2.jpg New standard MOP buttons_top_view.jpg

6. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I really like the old buttons because of their thickness. Happy to try the new ones but the 20% increase in purchasing costs wouldn't be necessary to satisfy me.

7. LuxireStudio

8. LuxireStudio

9. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Well-Known Member

I just got a shirt with these button and they are awesome. So much better than the thick MOP buttons. Easier to button and appear thinner. Please keep using these.

Also, amazing turnaround time on my last order. 10 days from order to doorstep on a blue gingham shirt. Well done!

10. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Well-Known Member

Has anyone who ordered a shirt with broke and bespoke collar and found it to be a bit big in the back? I love the collar roll but find it sticks out too much above my jacket. I'm sure I could specify a lower height in the back but don't want to ruin the roll.

11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I'll be interested in trying the new buttons. The current buttons are really substantial, and I like them, but the first few wears, it sure is a pain to button them.

12. cunning47

cunning47 Senior member

I order this collar and have noticed the added height. Seems to wear a bit higher all the way around to my eye. But the issue you mentioned hasn't bothered me and the collar does have such a nice roll.

Do post pictures if you decide to adjust the height.