• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know you said pant measurements might take a while, but can you give approx. measurements? For a 30/32, what would the rise, LO look like?
Why not just buy the suit and if it's not perfect I'll make you a MTM one? The rise can be whatever you like.

A couple of questions:
1. Can the pants be made with side adjusters instead of belt loops?
2. Could I just send my best fitting pants and have them replicated and sent back?
Thanks!
Yes, we can do side tabs. That's how I get all of mine made.

No. It would be more accurate to try on a pair of trousers that we have the measurements on file for and make adjustments based on that. If we try to replicate a garment there will always be measurement errors.

Last edited:

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Kent,

Will you be saving measurements for MTM suits individually, so the second time I order one it will just fit right the first time?

Mik

Reaction score
I received my first Kent Wang Rugby Polo this week (Navy colour) and the fit is so much better than my previous best-fitting long sleeved polo (Lacoste). The sleeves are a bit tight in a good way (not skin tight), the length is great for wearing untucked, and the overall shape is very slimming. Being able to roll up the cuffs like a dress shirt is awesome too. Please consider making more Rugby Polos in dark colours (like black, dark grey, dark red/wine, etc.), and your medium polo weight material. Leave the cut as it is since it's perfect!

breakHARD77

Reaction score
While I don't own a rugby, I strongly agree with your opinion about the navy. Out of all the KW polos I have (navy, grey, pink, white, yellow), the navy is the best by far, both fit-wise and material-wise. In my opinion, the grey is a bit too soft and lacks structure, and the pink is made of a strange, almost synthetic-feeling material (almost Underarmour-like). The white is the worst of the bunch in terms of fit, as it seems to be about a half inch or two wider than the others (when laid flat on the ground). The yellow seems to be similar in build and fit to the navy.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the quality of the products - and definitely the customer service - of KW, but the inconsistencies between the polos can be a bit frustrating.

I received my first Kent Wang Rugby Polo this week (Navy colour) and the fit is so much better than my previous best-fitting long sleeved polo (Lacoste). The sleeves are a bit tight in a good way (not skin tight), the length is great for wearing untucked, and the overall shape is very slimming. Being able to roll up the cuffs like a dress shirt is awesome too. Please consider making more Rugby Polos in dark colours (like black, dark grey, dark red/wine, etc.), and your medium polo weight material. Leave the cut as it is since it's perfect!

Last edited:

david123

Reaction score

While I don't own a rugby, I strongly agree with your opinion about the navy. Out of all the KW polos I have (navy, grey, pink, white, yellow), the navy is the best by far, both fit-wise and material-wise. In my opinion, the grey is a bit too soft and lacks structure, and the pink is made of a strange, almost synthetic-feeling material (almost Underarmour-like). The white is the worst of the bunch in terms of fit, as it seems to be about a half inch or two wider than the others (when laid flat on the ground). The yellow seems to be similar in build and fit to the navy.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the quality of the products - and definitely the customer service - of KW, but the inconsistencies between the polos can be a bit frustrating.

I'm curious because my pink one is more of a salmon color than the nice light pink on the site. Is yours the same? I didn't feel anything unpleasant about the material though.

breakHARD77

Reaction score
Mine is very similar in color to the one on the site. Perhaps our shirts were in two separate batches?

I'm curious because my pink one is more of a salmon color than the nice light pink on the site. Is yours the same? I didn't feel anything unpleasant about the material though.

Samir

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality differences of the navy and light blue polos? I'm undecided between them, and curious how the "light" and "heavy" weights have been received. Seems like the navy has pretty consistently favorable reviews, but haven't heard anything about the light blue.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the light weight fabric. Its way too delicate for a polo shirt. My light grey is already pilling after only 5 washes/wears-- very disappointing. The heavy weight stuff is great. It's a much more durable fabric (akin to RL Polos IMO) and the heavier weight allows it drape on the body better. I love my navy polo and hope Kent will offer more colors in the heavier weight soon. I thought new colors were going to be released early April.

I've found the fits to be consistent with the exception of the rugby's. I wear a L in SS but the L LS fit me like a long underwear top with skin tight arms the way to the cuff. I know the rugby shirts have been "corrected" but I ordered mine after the v2 was released so either they sent me a leftover v1 shirt, which would be annoying, or it's still way too tight.

Last edited:

Hobbs

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the quality differences of the navy and light blue polos? I'm undecided between them, and curious how the "light" and "heavy" weights have been received. Seems like the navy has pretty consistently favorable reviews, but haven't heard anything about the light blue.

I have both; the light blue doesn't wash as well as the navy and there's a lot more piling compared to the navy.

RunningMan

Reaction score

I have both; the light blue doesn't wash as well as the navy and there's a lot more piling compared to the navy.

Seems that the polo heavy weight fabric is great. Can anyone comment on how the medium and heavy weights compare?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Third wearing today :
dbecb417.jpg

97de8e2f.jpg

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Looks great Spoo! What is the lining like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads