Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Fabric spreadsheet - I added about 80 fabrics by Gladson, which includes several lighter colors and some silk blends for the summer.

Swatches - I have them all now. They weigh about 5 lbs altogether so I think it's best if you pick out which ones you're interested in from the fabric spreadsheet and I send you just those, up to 10 fabrics per person. Please don't lose them; the swatch set costs me a lot of money. We can ship them together when you order the charcoal suit.
    I noticed this myself a few months ago and was surprised no one has ever mentioned it to me. The next batch delivered in mid-May will have white labels so they won't be visible.

Yes, of course. We do this for shirts as well.

I agree.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Some praise for the Kent Wang bicolor knit tie :
    [​IMG]

3. SamSpade

SamSpade Senior member

The quality control of the ties has been very inconsistent lately: over the last several months I received 2 ties that were 2.75" instead of 3" as advertised, and separate one that was 60" (sic!) long instead of 57".

4. applky

applky Senior member

I have one as well in that same colorway. It's very nice! You wear it well here. I like that you can get KW's knit ties with pointed ends.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Which one is that? Light Blue/Navy?

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think its the light blue.

7. Kent Wang

Sorry about that. I'll let the tiemaker know. If they're still unworn, I would be glad to exchange these and will cover your shipping expense.

Looks like light blue/brown.

8. SamSpade

SamSpade Senior member

The ties are worn, so no luck. And even it they were unworn, returning stuff is a hassle that no one should go through due to manufacturing defects. The shop started strong, and I would hate to see the quality control to continue to slip. Btw, today I received another tie with another problem - the dotted navy knit tie, only to see that the dots plane overall is off-center by a quarter of an inch!

9. SpooPoker

Then don't shop online? :confused: If returns are a hassle for you, regardless of it was a size error, defect, or seller oversight, the potential to return is part of the online shopping process.

10. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

If i'm a size 36 chest, should i order the 36r? I've never tried such a slim suit before (19'' across for 36r)

11. quar

quar Senior member

That's BS Spoo.

If someone orders a 3 inch tie, or a 57 inch long tie, then that is what they should receive.

I don't walk into the Drakes London store with a measuring tape to ensure that the ties I am buying are the stated length. Shopping online should be no different.

I've found KW's pocket squares to be excellent. I have had less luck with his Polo Shirts, where I find the sizing inconsistent, and the fabrics lack lustre. I am not surprised that some have found some inconsistencies in sizing for the tie collection

12. Kent Wang

13. Kent Wang

Are you 36 by measuring across your body? It's best if you measure a suit that fits you well and compare that to the measurements on the site.

14. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

It's helpful for everyone else to gauge the frequency of/potential for defects

15. SpooPoker

This is the last Ill touch on it as I don't want to shit up Kents thread, but your comparison to brick and mortar shopping is not a valid one. You see, touch, feel, and try IRL. Online, you rely on others to do so. There will always be a margin of error due to oversight or other error. If you aren't prepared to have some level of expectation not met, and have it solved with a (as Kent offered) prompt refund and little to no out of pocket expense, then stick to B&M.