Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks! Just a standard lining, nothing fancy. Although I think next time I will send Kent a few Hermes scarves to line them with :devil:

2. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

:slayer:

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

You have that much fabric to line a suit?

4. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Kent,

Any update on when/how we can order swatches?

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:slayer:

You doubt my hoard of silk? :paranoia:

6. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

I always thought Spoo was a woman shoe salesmen

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Hermes scarves? Freakin' smalltimer. Be a big baller and line it with pink Attolini cashmere.

8. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

Like the skin of unicorn testicles, supply is limited.

9. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

I have this in abundance. PM for details.

10. breakHARD77

breakHARD77 Well-Known Member

Not that I wasn't already a fan of KW, but the customer service I experienced today was nothing short of legendary. See email exchange below:

Quote: I have noticed two issues with the white polo I ordered a little while ago. The polo fits very nicely up near the chest area and in the arms (as has been the case with the grey, yellow, and navy polos I've bought), but for some reason, the bottom is very roomy. It has a weird tendency to billow out. I tried machine washing it and hang drying, but to no avail. In addition, the bottom button has loosened noticeably to the point where it won't even stay buttoned. Nothing a little sewing can't fix, but I just thought it was unusual considering the usual quality of your products.

I hope this doesn't across as me trying to be petty - I just want to bring these issues to your attention, as I've never had any problems before with any of your clothes.

Thanks for hearing me out. Keep up the great work!

Quote: Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm terribly sorry about the issues with this polo.

It does appear that the white polo fits differently than the yellow. Would you mind taking a picture of the bottom, with the hem alongside a measuring tape, so that we can inform our factory?

As for the button, you can get it resewn at a local alterations tailor and we'd be happy to cover the cost, should be under $5. Or if you can fix it yourself, we would still like to offer you the same credit for your trouble.

Quote: I'd like to order another white polo in medium, but only if it's possible for the shirt to be checked before it's shipped to ensure that it's the same width as your other medium polos and not too wide like the one I ordered previously. Would that be possible?

Quote: Quote: Quote:
    Me after that last email: [​IMG]

Kent's just earned a life-long customer. Hands down the best customer service I've ever experienced (and by the way, hand-written thank you notes are now included in shipments, as someone had complained about previously).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

11. SpooPoker

Kent is the effing man.

Would be a better man if he got some swatches together. :devil:

I got the itch, Kent.

12. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

White polo. :confused:

[​IMG]

No flash btw...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

13. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

That's not a fault, it's a feature - showing other SFers what's up.

14. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

So after getting the navy rugby and loving it to bits I ordered the grey one too. Then I started to get worried by all the comments on here about the lighter material. Then I received the grey rugby and hey presto it's great, a bit lighter than the navy alright but cut the same and still in really nice pique cotton. The lighter material will be perfect for warmer days - if we get any.

Oh and everyone on here - me included - has clothing OCD. Time to stop obsessing about material weights and just enjoy the clothes.

Lastly I really appreciate Kent's minimalist way with packaging as he ships to Ireland waaay cheaper than anyone else and still fast as hell.

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Yeah, I don't get the hate for the lightweight fabric either. I just got the lavender polo the other day, which is quite a bit lighter than the navy, and I think it's totally fine. Killer shirt.