1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Don't worry, japanalex just sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I agree, I think I like my stuff slimmer than most. Compounded by the fact that I have to order things while having a relatively thick nick neck and wide shoulders in mind but a trim waist.

3. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

"misinformation"? Oh brother.
    KW's polos are as slim as explained above and on the site. You are tiny.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

OK, so apparently the post I just made disappeared. I am 37" chest and a 33" waist--hardly tiny. If someone told you a pair of trousers measured 30" across, and were 35", you'd call that misinformation!

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Sounds like you sized wrong and should have went with a size "small"

6. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

slim does mean skin tight...

If you had a 37" chest, and the chest of a polo measured 37" you wouldn't be able to move..Also I see your other post fine. Don't know what you keep hating on these polos, he already offered to resolve this over email.
    plus the pic of the polos laid flat + measurements is pretty clear how it's cut =\

7. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

If you find that an accurately cut Kent Wang polo in your proper size is not slim enough, you need to reconsider how you want your clothes to fit rather than post a whiny missive on a message board.

8. JapanAlex01

Well, just found out from Kent himself--thanks, Kent, you have been very diplomatic--the polo I received is an XL with a 15" neck. I apologise, Kent, if you didn't want me, to share that, but these troll comments are irksome.

Considering that a XL is two inches wider in the chest/waist/etc and larger in the sleeve, I think a properly sized medium would fit me well! Like I said, the fabric/collar are impeccable; it was just, the fit which was strange--gladly vindicated! :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  9. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

10. Maximus Mark

Maximus Mark Senior member

I have a 42" chest, 32" waist and 16" neck and I bought a Large polo first. After multiple wearings it ends up loose fitting, especially around the waist.

A Medium for my build is very close fitting and what I prefer and recommend. Polo quality is fantastic and don't have ostentatious crocodiles on them.

Hope this helps someone.

1 person likes this.
  11. Yika

Yika Senior member

So what actually happened? Did you order a Medium and got a XL or did you order a XL and though u ordered a Medium ?

12. JapanAlex01

I'm not exactly sure what that last bit means, but what happened is: I ordered a medium, but what arrived was a medium polo in the neck (15") with an XL body (42" chest and hem, a 41" waist and a 7.25/7.5" armhole)! How fricking weird is that?! :wow: :p

Unless, it really is a 16.5" neck, and I've caught glandular fever again! :lookaround:

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    It's a defect. Any product run is going to have a few. No big deal and it's nice that Kent is taking care of it for you.

14. JapanAlex01

Agreed 100%! :)

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Got a shoe question - does anyone here have experience with both the handgrade and benchgrade models? If not, maybe Kent can answer directly.

I believe both of the handgrade shoes are made by D.C. Lewis, and the benchgrades are all from Kent's own shoe line - is that correct? I had been in touch with David at D.C. Lewis and he is a little ways out from restocking his shoes, so I might be able to order the same thing from KW since there seems to be a pretty healthy stock right now.

I need a pair of brown balmorals, and I'm trying to decide if I want the benchgrade captoe, or if I want to pay a little more to get the hangrades with the medallion. Is it worth it for the extra $100?

16. Grice

Grice Well-Known Member

Kent,

Thanks for the quick shipment to Sweden. Love the cufflinks, beautiful stuff.

17. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

OKAY! So, here are some photos of me Spooing it up (which I think I did a great job at) in my basic navy twill Kent Wang suit. I think the fabric I selected was the 7003, basically the first navy one available. My girlfriend took them of me with her iPhone. Sorry they're not great. I do not have a fancy camera. I invite you to come take pictures of me if you feel so inclined.

I selected pretty standard details (dark brown horn buttons, 3.5 inch lapels, etc). The only main difference is the soft shoulder option and the side-adjusters on the pants. I actually particularly like both of those options. The fit is pretty good, but I did have to have it altered further when I received it from KW. Just some minor things: jacket waist slightly, waistband and thighs slightly, right sleeve brought out slightly (my right arm is longer than my left, people tell me it's the shoulder droop).

I am extremely satisfied with this suit. The construction is obviously great and I already have some things to change for my next one. Not because this one is wrong, mind you, I'm just super adventurous. I think I may go +1cm in the jacket length, +1cm in the left sleeve and +2cm in the right. Possibly drop the button stance 1cm and the gorge 1cm. Thoughts?

Deets:
    Kent Wang navy twill suit
    Tie: Tie Bar-orelli (no judging, we all start somewhere)
    Shirt: Distante bespoke (hold it down for Philly)
    Square: Turnbull & Asser
    Shoes: Alden 901 (purchased at an actual Sherman Bros., there are upsides to living on the mainline)

Bonus points if you can spot the double monogram.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Very nice man, you almost have that pose down!

*files copyright infringement suit*

Suit looks good too.

1 person likes this.
  19. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Oh, I have that pose down. You look out!!

20. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Al in Philly,

The suit looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics. I had hoped to have ordered a KW suit by now, but sadly it will have to wait a while longer. I love the soft shoulders on your suit, and plan to opt for the same on mine. You mentioned changing the buttoning stance and gorge on your next suit; did you specify anything particular on this one, or is it simply the default configuration for the buttoning stance and gorge? I think the gorge is perfect in the pics you posted; fairly high, but not ridiculously so. Button stance looks pretty good too, but I agree, slightly lower might be even better. And by the way, I love my Tie Bar ties.:nodding:

A few questions for Kent: when you click on the suit "options form" on your site, do the default (first) selections represent the exact configuration of the trial suit? Also, has anyone specified the 4.5 inch wide lapels yet? I'd love to see some pics of that if possible. And can you explain the different pick stitching options? I love subtle pick stitching, but I don't quite understand what exactly 2 mm extensive, 6 mm limited, etc., means.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012