• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

bullethead

Reaction score
Finally brought these. A much more involved process than I would prefer. They were worth it. Charlotte at Weston delivered the best customer service one could ask for

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 588

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect Shoes for fall….
20 years ago my french brother in law pushed me to buy a pair for myself for 800€ in Bordeaux. I stepped back cause I already had the 180 for 400€ and the Demi Chase for 500€ and thought they were too pricey. Since then I have always regretted. Gorgeous shoes, congrats!!.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alas, the sizing challenge continues. To my disappointment the third pair of 180 loafers still do not fit perfectly. And I'm torn.

First pair: 7/ D
Second pair: 7E
Third pair: 7/ C

First pair, all around too big and the heel slip was much more noticeable. I really do not know how the shoe would even stretch MORE if they are large-to-size to begin with. I'll give it the benefit of doubt, if they do stretch more with wear I do not think they'd fit better unless the insole molds enough to give way where my foot's heel hugs the shoe heel's collar and counter more. Doesn't make sense to me that it would happen.

Second pair. The shoe was just too short in length and my instep was stuffed. No amount of width forgiveness would've helped here.

Third pair, it was suppose to be perfect. Going down in width, the instep feels tight. I think after a day my foot may be sore. Here is where I think breaking in would allow the shoe to expand enough to mold to my foot. (I was also informed this particular leather stretches more than other offerings.) About the heel, still some slip but not as much. Still heel slip nevertheless. Here, too, is where I think breaking in the shoe may allow for heel of the shoe to mold to my foot.

I found this online that provided basis around my thinking, https://theshoesnobblog.com/heel-slip-what-it-means/. Although it all still seems very anecdotal..

What a conundrum! I read here that heel slip is normal. But is it? And will it go away over time as the shoe is well worn per se? I either take the chance and break in the shoe. If all else fails I am confident tongue pads will work wonders for the heel slip (from personal experience). But then I'm not sure how I feel "altering" the shoe. Another way forward is coming to terms the last does not fit my foot (darn my narrow heels).

I thought I took some pics. Sorry, no. These black caviar leather loafers are my ideal pair me thinks, "the one shoe". Pebble leather provides character to otherwise a flat leather in plain black IMO. I like the split toe, too. The rubber sole makes this ideal for F/W season as well.

Ya'll think I'm right here about the width stretching and being accommodative btw?

View attachment 1894567

View attachment 1894569

@Louis_HK Thanks!

at this juncture I'm leaning towards keeping. I just placed an order for some tongue pads but will not use them unless necessary. I think it's time to beat them up and see how things fair along the way.

After spending the spring and summer in hibernation stuffed with shoe trees, pulling these shoes out just now to try and it feels "better" on feet. Maybe the shoe trees did the job of keeping the shoes stretched enough for just the right width across my foot. To that end, looking forward to this season of breaking these loafers in out in the wild after 8 months of babying them at home. It's now or never.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
(I asked this question a while ago but can't find it.)

Heading to Paris. Which is the best JM Weston shop? Probably getting loafers or another casual shoe.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78