• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

Acies

Reaction score
When you say 8D being short, does that mean that no more room at the heel?
Your feet is lean/narrow/wide/normal?
This strange little pair of loafers are quite different from all other loafers you encountered.
The Japanese sales person encourages their customers to choose the tightest fit they could
put their feet in and use several months to mould their feet to the shoes. Because when they didn't fit
tight the shoes might become too big when they are properly stretched.
For me I chose the comfortable fit way, and I knew I will get heel slip in the future but I just cannot
go through several months of pain. I can fit a little finger with my 6D and because I don't have an
actual store to try them on, This fit is pretty much all I can get.
Also, do you use a proper shoe tree and leave them to rest for a few days?
8/C is almost UK 91/2, might it be too big?
Thanks for the quick reply.
8D had very little room at the front, so my toes nearly touched the lining. I measured the inside length at 28cm, and my feet are a little over 27cm. Width, instep is normal, I guess. Maybe my heels are a bit narrow, but even with roomier shoes like Tricker's I never had any issues.
I do have one pair of loafers that is a bit shorter, comparable to the Westons in size 8, but I wear them sockless. So I thought it would be a better idea to go up half a size with the Westons. There's very little room I the heel lengthwise. It's the shape and the width with almost no taper towards the waist.
Maybe they are indeed too long, although the instep and the front are actually still a bit tight. Time will tell whether I made an expensive mistake ;-) The advice from the Japanese sales person sounds like they will soften and stretch a lot. No good news …
Anyhow, they really are very different which is why I chose them, regardless of all the posts on JM Weston sizing problems I read here. The style is really unique.

All the other loafers I have are unlined, and I expected the 180 to be more like a laced shoe – with more 'structure'. But if the heel stays like it is, it'll be OK.
Perhaps it's just a loafer thing. My other loafers have more heel slip than my derbies with open laces …

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.
8D had very little room at the front, so my toes nearly touched the lining. I measured the inside length at 28cm, and my feet are a little over 27cm. Width, instep is normal, I guess. Maybe my heels are a bit narrow, but even with roomier shoes like Tricker's I never had any issues.
I do have one pair of loafers that is a bit shorter, comparable to the Westons in size 8, but I wear them sockless. So I thought it would be a better idea to go up half a size with the Westons. There's very little room I the heel lengthwise. It's the shape and the width with almost no taper towards the waist.
Maybe they are indeed too long, although the instep and the front are actually still a bit tight. Time will tell whether I made an expensive mistake ;-) The advice from the Japanese sales person sounds like they will soften and stretch a lot. No good news …
Anyhow, they really are very different which is why I chose them, regardless of all the posts on JM Weston sizing problems I read here. The style is really unique.

All the other loafers I have are unlined, and I expected the 180 to be more like a laced shoe – with more 'structure'. But if the heel stays like it is, it'll be OK.
Perhaps it's just a loafer thing. My other loafers have more heel slip than my derbies with open laces …
Next time, try on width B? Might be the heels are a little snugger. 180 have width from A-F but A & F are pretty rare.

Acies

Reaction score
Next time, try on width B? Might be the heels are a little snugger. 180 have width from A-F but A & F are pretty rare.
This sounds like the painful route the sales person suggested ;-) C is actually a pretty snug fit in the toe box and over the instep, so B would definitely be too tight.
The shoes are pretty new, and with every wear they feel more comfortable. Or should I say familiar? They loosen a bit over the instep, so the difference between snug front and loose heel is less pronounced, I get used to the roomy heel, and my initial expectations are a bit more realistic?
Otherwise really nice shoes. And as far as I know there's no alternative anyway when you are looking for this style of loafer (even more so as mine are black suede, and this alone is hard to find in any style).

Louis_HK

Reaction score
I own a few pairs of 180, even though they are all 6D, but they all fit differently, since they are all hand made, sure there will be discrepancies. Worth try on a few pairs the same size/different size and different width. Have a glass of champagne and enjoy the ride, you might find the perfect match;)

laureth

Reaction score
No Weston Vintages for me, nothing in my size. Except a pair of brown croc 8.5D, not really what I wanted though.
The sales assistant said that they get in about 2 or 3 pairs of triple sole 180s every 4 months and they always fly off the shelves!
Grabbed my friend a pair of demi-chasses though! Not bad at all for 440 EUR.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
https://www.24s.com/en-us/loafers-180-jm-weston_JMW2VVSEBEI92I1100?color=camel-suede

Don't know whether it's wrongly priced or really this cheap. All the other 180S are nearly a thousand US$ but this one is US$705? Besides, use code FIRST15 for 15% off (I think it's for everyone). Just got myself another pair :rotflmao: ;)
3361876ed2cb457a9e7f554c2d38a8fb.jpeg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll say. I was measured 7.5 F at the Weston store in London and was ready to pop for my
first pair of 180s. Needless to say, none in my size at the store.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.24s.com/en-us/loafers-180-jm-weston_JMW2VVSEBEI92I1100?color=camel-suede

Don't know whether it's wrongly priced or really this cheap. All the other 180S are nearly a thousand US$ but this one is US$705? Besides, use code FIRST15 for 15% off (I think it's for everyone). Just got myself another pair :rotflmao: ;) View attachment 1825021

Don't know whether it's wrongly priced or really this cheap. All the other 180S are nearly a thousand US$ but this one is US$705? Besides, use code FIRST15 for 15% off (I think it's for everyone). Just got myself another pair :rotflmao: ;) View attachment 1825021
You bought the last 6d!!!

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Lightning speed from S24.com
Got them this morning after only 3 days, all the way from Paris
The total was US$599 plus free shipping

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Letting go of a pair of sparingly worn 4x4 derbies. They get little use as I always end up wearing the grain leather ones instead

- Black russia finish calfskin
- 10C (for reference I'm a pretty standard 11D and these fit me great)
- worn less than 10 times

asking $350 + shipping

PM for more pics or info. Open to offers etc

z1.jpg

z.jpg

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they offer to order for you?
No they did not. Nor did I encourage them. I have a real problem fitting shoes- I
wear 9 4E running shoes, so I would want to try them on. The 71/2 F was the
sales persons estimate after measuring my feet and inspecting the pair of Ludwig
Reiter derbies I was wearing which are UK 9. I since learned that the London Store
is closed along w/ the Ludwig Reiter shop nearby.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads