J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

He's right.

Bought a couple pairs, can't comment on the fit compaired to the jeans, but its a great fit for me since its cut a bit fuller in the thigh than most "slim" pants, and I have much larger quads in proportion to the rest of me.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

the chambray's also not cut that slim. I'd say it's a little fuller than regular jcrew shirts.

are j crew shirts easy to tailor to be slimmed down?

3. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

i don't see why it would be any harder than normal. take it to a tailor and they should have no trouble.

4. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I <3 the regular fit.

How do you get them to not be so baggy? I need a 31x34 first of all, it doesn't help that I have to size up to the 32, but still, the pants are quite baggy. I'm looking for a more relaxed fit but still, these are just baggy.

5. robin

robin Senior member

How do you get them to not be so baggy?
    Nothing. My thighs are giant so the regular fit is like my slim fit.

6. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

anyone know anything about the Jaspe jersey shirt, its looks nice and comfy. but they don't tell you if its 100% cotton, or really anything other than that they used a twisted cotton yarn and that its 'unique'.

I am just trying to determine if there is anything special about it, or if its basically a slightly nicer version of AA's 50-25-25 shirt.

I tried it on and it's really soft, but the small fit a little big on me (the shoulders were off). I couldn't justify the price on a gray t-shirt that didn't really fit, so I just picked up some of their regular "broken-in jersey" Ts. The tag on my "marled" gray says it's 100% cotton.

7. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

If anybody has or has seen the white chambray, does it have one or two chest pockets? I would assume 2, but the site description says chest pocket (it states pockets on the other chambrays) and I can't tell from the pictures. If it only has one, I won't lust after it. Thanks.

8. Kinglew619

Kinglew619 Senior member

just bought a jcrew sweater

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Which one? Pics?

10. FromCAtoCO

FromCAtoCO Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers?

How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale?

Quality of ties?

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers?

How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale?

Quality of ties?

Their jackets never seem to fit me well. I'm not sure what it is, but the fit is off for me.

12. FromCAtoCO

FromCAtoCO Senior member

Their jackets never seem to fit me well. I'm not sure what it is, but the fit is off for me.

like shoulder fit? Waist fit? Just crappy?

13. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers? How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale? Quality of ties?
    Ties are decent quality. A little pricey but I splurge and go for some of the more unique designs that are harder to find elsewhere. I like their knit ties and other fabrics that are hard to find in ties, like wool and cotton. I just bought the chino blazer and I am 6' and got a size small. It fits me almost perfectly without alteration except the thing is pretty tight when buttoned. I got it on sale and don't need to button it really so I won't. If you are pretty skinny a small might fit you pretty well but I've found that for my slightly muscular build that the small is a little too tight to get an entire suit. Sizing up to a Medium is too big in the shoulders, too long in the skirt for my liking. I've never seen their wool suiting in the flesh but their cotton stuff is just as good as any I've seen at the price point. Pretty good fabric, way better than the stuff I got at Target. The buttons aren't sewn on very well though on the one I bought. I'll need to have them resewn by a real tailor. If you are a little wider or heavier than what your ideal weight and proportions should be than it will probably be a good fit, otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

like shoulder fit? Waist fit? Just crappy?
    I've tried on several J.Crew jackets in recent years and I consistently have problems with the collar sitting way too far from my neck. The shoulders often fit me well but the jackets still don't hang correctly on me.

15. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I tried it on and it's really soft, but the small fit a little big on me (the shoulders were off). I couldn't justify the price on a gray t-shirt that didn't really fit, so I just picked up some of their regular "broken-in jersey" Ts. The tag on my "marled" gray says it's 100% cotton.

thanks, I will have to wait a few months and maybe go after it if the sale gods smile upon me.