J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. v3l

v3l Senior member

hi, I am wondering about Jcrew's return policy. I bought a bunch of stuff including sale items and regular priced clothes in one order. When I checked out, I saw some stuff marked as "final sale". now after I got them, I did not see any "final sale" on the invoice, but I do want to return one shirt. Anyone with some experience can help me here? Thanks
    You could always try saying you lost the receipt. You may not get all of what you paid, but at least it's something?

2. andychen

andychen Well-Known Member

I plan to return it to my local store, without a receipt, I doubt they will accept the online return.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I plan to return it to my local store, without a receipt, I doubt they will accept the online return.
    I believe they'll be able to track your purchase at the register and see that it was a final sale item.

4. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

hi, I am wondering about Jcrew's return policy. I bought a bunch of stuff including sale items and regular priced clothes in one order. When I checked out, I saw some stuff marked as "final sale". now after I got them, I did not see any "final sale" on the invoice, but I do want to return one shirt. Anyone with some experience can help me here? Thanks

Lately I've been returning sale items that were not marked as final sale on the invoice with no problem.

Bonus tip: if you put a bunch of items into your online shopping cart, often only one or two items are usually marked final sale, usually items near the bottom of the list. If an item that you might want to return is marked final sale, play around by adding some more items to your cart, maybe even another of the same item. Once you get the item that you might want to return to appear without the final sale notation, immediately delete the extra items and check out.

5. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

I pretty sure all you get is store credit if you don't have the receipt. To be clear, any item bought online can be returned to any of their stores (as long as it is not an outlet store).

Nonetheless, I once bought a "final sale" shirt online a couple months ago and managed to return it to a store with no problems. I was actually a little surprised.

6. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Usually they won't give you shit for returning "final sale" unless you are a prick or the employee helping you is a prick.

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I pretty sure all you get is store credit if you don't have the receipt. To be clear, any item bought online can be returned to any of their stores (as long as it is not an outlet store).

Nonetheless, I once bought a "final sale" shirt online a couple months ago and managed to return it to a store with no problems. I was actually a little surprised.

I've never had trouble with returning items to the store were bought online. I haven't tried to return final sale items.

9. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

Nonetheless, I once bought a "final sale" shirt online a couple months ago and managed to return it to a store with no problems.
    It is important to mention that I did NOT tell them that my shirt was a "final sale" item. Just handed over the item + receipt to the clerk, asking for a refund and not divulging anything else. Things MAY have been different otherwise.

10. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

11. robin

robin Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/J-CREW-Tan-Brown...3A1%7C294%3A50

what is the deal with some of these shoes that pop up on ebay with the jcrew logo. Are they legit, from a few seasons ago, or samples?

Those are from a couple of years ago, before they started to get Red Wing to make their boots.

12. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

the sole on those is terrible.

13. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Just received my dark grey (actually wanted this more than the light grey) vintage fleece sweater. Comfortable, relaxed but not baggy fit, good sleeve length, soft material, perfect weight, and CHEAP. Very happy with it. [​IMG]

14. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

can someone talk me out of the officer chino?

15. robin

robin Senior member

can someone talk me out of the officer chino?
    It's about the same as the regular fit chino, just with a nicer slub fabric. I think it's been brought up before, but they need to put flaps on the back pockets and they'd be perfect in my book.