J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

I bought the new slim ligthweight chinos. WILL REPORT BACK.

2. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

teger you can't stop the kop
    you are either rackin it in at farinellis or you are rackin in some debt son!

3. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

^^I am interested in hearing how the new "slim fit" is different from the "classic fit". Gotta say, I got a pair of the lightweight chinos in the classic fit, and even though the material is more breathable, it also wrinkles like absolute hell, or at least my pair does. I am used to being able to hang dry canvas pants and have them be allright, but that lightweight material really needs to be ironed to look neat. Pretty good either way since I got them on sale for $20.

4. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I really like it when lightweight chinos and linen get a little wrinkled in the heat. If you want them to stay nice and pressed you'll need to get the standard weight.

I didn't know they had a "slim fit" but I'm looking forward to trying the "regular fit", which is more relaxed than I'm used to.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

teger you can't stop the kop
    you are either rackin it in at farinellis or you are rackin in some debt son!

look at my sig son, been selling like mad.

also had some old store credit, so ended up costing me like $12. (sweet)

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Report on slim fit Teg?

7. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

rugby are slimmer.

I'll second this. I have a pair of the Rugby university in corduroy and just got the jcrew urban slimfit chinos. The jcrew had to go to the tailor to take in the billowy thighs and ass. The Rugby are perfect as is. Supposedly the new season of University chinos are even a bit slimmer.

8. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

I bought the new slim ligthweight chinos. WILL REPORT BACK.

I just ordered these as well, should be here in a few days. I will try and get some pics.

9. andychen

andychen Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should ask here. Does anyone have a lot of experience with Jcrew outlet stuff? Are they of decent quality? I have some experience with BR outlet and I think the stuff is crap. how about Jcrew outlet? Thanks

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

The J.Crew outlet shirts I've seen are a bit lackluster. They must have been their "favorite" broken-in line, but they seemed more like dishrags to me. The sweaters looked to be of find quality, although they were very generic in options at the outlet I went to. Everything else seemed to be of decent quality. There are very few interesting items at the outlet. It's most a place to pick up some tshirts, a generic oxford, and some socks.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I don't know if I should ask here. Does anyone have a lot of experience with Jcrew outlet stuff? Are they of decent quality? I have some experience with BR outlet and I think the stuff is crap. how about Jcrew outlet? Thanks
    I've visited the J.Crew outlet twice and came away both times without purchases. The quality doesn't appear to be as good as their stores. I couldn't pull the trigger on anything even though the prices were good.

12. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

re: quality blue shirt is from the factory stores, grey one is from the retail stores [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

j.crew vneck deepness is spot on... not too shallow not too deep
    size down as usual

14. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

The outlet stores are always more basic for menswear in particular. Not sure about J Crew, but the BR outlets are a separate company that just buy last year's stock of fabric and turn it into some hideous designs.

I have had good luck at the J Crew outlet and have found stuff that I had seen in the stores. I have only bought about 3 winter weight favorite shirts and a Fair Isle vest. The vest was an awesome deal that was only $15, regular price was $100 and it was used in an issue of GQ.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

camp shirt - anyone try it out?

I tried it out and bought it in black at full price (haven't done that at J. Crew in a long time) because it was the last one in my size and I quite liked the light weight, slimmer fit, and design. I'd recommend it.