• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy wool, silk, linen suit

_DSC5890.jpg

_DSC5886.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For once, my pictorial offerings today have little to nothing to do with today's weather in NYC, albeit the weather is pleasantly mild, with partial sunshine and low humidity. They have much more to do with my acquisition of "new toys", and my need to see if these latest additions to that cabinet of curiosities known as my wardrobe can work and play well together with the oddities already acquired.

Today's suit is from the New York branch of New & Lingwood, acquired at a most advantageous price, as the shop was closed for several months due to the pandemic, thus leaving them with a lot of stock that they are looking to move, in order to make room for new fall items. I happened to drop into the store, and saw today's suit on the rack, and was intrigued - even more so, when it turned out to fit me quite well.

The photo shown with me wearing a a quilted jacket is another recent "crime of opportunity" - something which presented itself at my local Saks Off Fifth (no snob I - I am quite democratic as to where I will spend money), and the acquisition of which was actively solicited by my husband, who on occasion decides that I "need" something - in this case, a lightweight Barbour.

As much as the weather today is mild in NYC, both of today's featured acquisitions are much too wintry to wear for some months now, so today's photos were for demonstration purposes only.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt & tie - Thomas Pink
Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood
Quilted jacket - Barbour

IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
IMG_4378.JPG
IMG_4379.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG
IMG_4381.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrieMeyers