• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
AA9759E2-AE0C-43A2-B956-6A759FC2EA76.jpeg

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Polka dots, checks, & Churchill. The linen pocket square and the bowtie do not precisely match, contrary to appearances, and were purchased years apart, years ago, in the Before Times when you could still go to things like stores.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Speak truth to power.

Suit, shirt, and socks: Brooks Brothers.

Bowtie: Ben Silver, Charleston.

Linen pocket square: Grady Ervin, Charleston.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Trafalgar braces; Alden tassel loafers.

Mask by Mom.

Panama: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20200902_094710.jpg 20200902_094729.jpg 20200902_094755.jpg 20200902_094809.jpg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ready for my third remote lecture of the semester.

72D5831A-2C6D-42DD-9348-8D30EF40E096.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit: Polka dots, checks, & Churchill. The linen pocket square and the bowtie do not precisely match, contrary to appearances, and were purchased years apart, years ago, in the Before Times when you could still go to things like stores.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Speak truth to power.

Suit, shirt, and socks: Brooks Brothers.

Bowtie: Ben Silver, Charleston.

Linen pocket square: Grady Ervin, Charleston.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Trafalgar braces; Alden tassel loafers.

Mask by Mom.

Panama: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

View attachment 1451565 View attachment 1451566 View attachment 1451567 View attachment 1451568

Shirt, tie and pocket square a little matchy matchy, maybe a complimentary color square.

Having said this, I like this whole fit a lot! Well done!

Summer heat seems to have passed... View attachment 1451714

I like the bit of roping on the shoulders. Looking good.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some trees, a gate, and me while showing, even if you are 5'6" tall (on a good day), you can still get your tie to end in (almost) the right place and your shoes and belt don't have to match.

IMG_4947.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, PPBD blue and white Rees-Mogg striped shirt, and white (pre "Officious Preppy Handbook") cotton and polyester blend trousers, Waverley (giving away it was made in England by the direction of its stripes) repp tie, Squarextraordinaire pink polka dot pocket square, Leather Man blue surgingle belt with a few fish on it, and Allen-Edmonds white suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures a piece of a person with an (almost) Coronation Chicken Sandwich picture.

At Sweet Butter Kitchen they give you a food name rather than a number when you order. Got truffle, which seemed appropriate since my Chinese zodiac sign is a pig.

Sorry this pictures is small and square. Around two thirds of my pictures from today disappeared into Cyberspace somewhere between the iPhone and the iMac. This picture is a screen shot of my Instagram post. I post pictures on Instagram from the iPhone before exporting the pictures from the iPhone to the iMac.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 1.28.11 PM.jpeg

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Shirt, tie and pocket square a little matchy matchy, maybe a complimentary color square.

Having said this, I like this whole fit a lot! Well done!

I like the bit of roping on the shoulders. Looking good.

A valid point. Many thanks! I ought to have reached for the plain white pocket square instead.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CarusoVanda-01.jpg
CarusoVanda-02.jpg
CarusoVanda-03.jpg
CarusoVanda-04.jpg

Back in Brussels now so these pics were taken last week when I was still back home in Stockholm.

Jacket: Caruso
Shirt: Thom Sweeney
Tie & PS: Vanda
Pants: Canali
Shoes: EG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized