• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Noodles said the same thing about a grey flannel I've worn about 10 times over 10 months… because every time I wear it, I post.

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pet peeve time. I find pocket squares with neat patterns less interesting to begin with, and harder to find a use for though I have a couple, but my meh turns into a resounding nah when a TV fold is used. Not to pick on merick or SYCSYC specifically - just the fastest recent examples. In my mind, if you're going to wear one, you need to crumple-roll-twirl-scrunch-whatever it a bit - like Victor did - so the patter crashes together and gives a bit more visual interest.
7a09a491f2a75019b3fd0d1d8885b5ba.jpg

SYCSYC

Reaction score
@jcmeyer don't freak out but this specific "PS" is a folded tie actually. Hence the somehow ugly TV-like fold.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good

While I'm not crazy about the look of belt loops without a belt, lets not forget that the only time anyone will see them is when you're seated, since all other times the jacket will be buttoned (I assume).

Of course, the other option is a three piece. What happens under the vest stays under the vest ...

Cheers,

Ac

I don't wear my jacket around the office much, so .. My pref is belt loops for odd trews, side adjusters for suits.

My humble effort on a casual-ish Friday. (Edit: The cords are brown, btw)

Don't be humble. These are awsm! As nice as anything of yours I've seen. Got the Warhol (or is it 'Jobs'?) down perfectly in the lower pic too.

Sugarbutch, Six-y, Chocosa and others - loving it
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads